- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Introduction of Soil Network(Gold Network) as one of the Ecological Network
생태네트워크로서의 토양네트워크(Gold Network) 제안
- Lee, Dong-Kun (Department of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Hochul (4EN, Inc.) ;
- Kim, Eunyoung (Korea Environment Institute) ;
- Song, Wonkyong (Korea Environment Institute) ;
- Kim, Young Ja (Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute) ;
- Hwang, Sangyeon (Nature Conservation Bureau, Ministry of Environment)
- 이동근 (서울대학교 조경.지역시스템공학부) ;
- 이호철 ((주)포이엔) ;
- 김은영 (한국환경정책.평가연구원) ;
- 송원경 (한국환경정책.평가연구원) ;
- 김영자 (한국환경산업기술원) ;
- 황상연 (환경부 자연보전국)
- Received : 2013.02.04
- Accepted : 2013.02.22
- Published : 2013.02.28
Lately, besides promoting the biodiversity of the natural ecosystems, there is a demand for climate change mitigation features that will reduce greenhouse gases and prevent disasters that will bring damages such as torrential rains. However, there was not a lot of discussion on the soils that are key in these features. Therefore, this paper proposes a network (Gold Network) as an alternative that will solve the problem that was filed earlier by figuring out how to compose the soil environment. First, in order to maximize the ecological status and value of the soil, a soil network can be proposed through the vertical and horizontal connections of the fragmented soil. Second, there is a need to understand and research the organic system of the ecosystems as well as the complex perspective of the ecosystem services, not only the fragmentary perspectives of the soil remediation, planting improvements or the other existing elements. Third, there is a need to apply the integrated perspective of the Landscape Ecology, Ecological Engineering and Restoration Ecology for the connectivity of the soil (network) due to it being in the execution of the soil network. If a soil network was to be built, a fundamental ecological network would be realized to not only promote biodiversity but also to prepare effective adaptation to climate change.
Ecological restoration;Biodiversity;Climate change adaptation and mitigation;Carbon storage;Water balance;Landscape ecology
Supported by : 환경부
- Brady, N. C. and R. R. Weil. 2009. Elements of the Nature and Properties of Soils. 3rd Edition. Prentice Hall.
- Cha, J. G.․E. H. Jung․J. W. Ryu․D. W. Kim. 2007. Constructing a Green Network and Wind Corridor to Alleviate the Urban Heat-Island. Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies 10(1) : 102-112. (in Korean with English summary)
- Choi, B. S.․J. H. Kim․D. H. Lee. 1998. Soil Pollution. Dong Hwa Technology Publishing Co. (in Korean)
- Copley, J. 2000. Ecology goes underground Nature 406: 452-454. https://doi.org/10.1038/35020131
- Doopedia Doosan Encyclopedia. 2013.
- Fall, A..M-J. Fortin․M. Manseau․D. O'Brien. 2007. Spatial graphs: Principles and applications for habitat connectivity. Ecosystems 10 : 448-461. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10021-007-9038-7
- Hanski, I. 1999. Metapopulation dynamics. Nature 396 : 41-49.
- IPCC. 2007. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Cambridge University Press.
- Jang, D. H.․C. F. Chung. 2007. Development of Forest Risk Assessment Analysis Model for Landslide Disaster. Journal of the Korean Geomorphological Association 14(4): 57-67. (in Korean with English summary)
- Jeon, S. W.․J. Y. Chun․H. C. Seong, W. K. Song, J. H. Park. 2010. A Study on the Setting Criteria and Management Area for the National Ecological Network. J. Korean Env. Res. Tech. 13(5) : 154-171. (in Korean with English summary)
- Kim, S. B.․Y. H. Jung․Y. B. Kim. 2004. A Study on An Installment of Cool Corridors Reducing Urban Heat Island Phenomenon in Daegu, Korea. Journal of Nakdong River Environmental Research Institute 9(1) : 143-156. (in Korean with English summary)
- Korea Meteorological Administration, ROK. 2011. Annual Report 2011. (in Korean)
- Lal, R et al. 2004. Managing soil carbon Science 304: 393 https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1093079
- Lal, P 2004 Soil carbon sequestration impacts on global climate change and food security Science 304: 1623-1627. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1097396
- Lal, R. 1999. World soils and the greenhouse effect The International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme(IGBP), Global Change Newsletter 37: 4-5.
- Ministry of Construction and Transpotation, ROK. 2004. Flood control project improvement plan. (in Korean)
- Ministry of Environment, ROK. 2001. A Study on the Conservation of Surface Soil and Erosion Control. (in Korean)
- Ministry of Environment, ROK. 2005. National Environmental Comprehensive Plan(2006-2015). (in Korean)
- Ministry of Environment, ROK. 2007. A Study for Planning the National Ecological Network. (in Korean)
- Molofsky, J.․J-B. Ferdy. 2005. Extinction dynamics in experimental metapopulations. PNAS 102(10) : 3726-3731. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0404576102
- Perez-Reche, F. J.․S. N. Taraskin․W. Otten․ M. P. Viana․L da F. Costa, C. A. Gilligan. 2012. Prominent effect of soil network heterogeneity on microbial invasion. Phys. Rev. Lett. 109(9) : 1-6.
- Pimentel, D et al. 1995. Environmental and economic costs of soil erosion and conservation benefits Science 267: 1117-1123. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.267.5201.1117
- Republic of Korea. 2009. Fourth National Report to the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- Song, W. K.․E. Y. Kim․D. K. Lee. 2012. Measuring Connectivity in Heterogenous Landscapes: a Review and Application : Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment 21(3) : 391-407. (in Korean with English summary)
- Urban, D. L.․E. S. Minor․E. A. Treml․R. S. Schick. 2009. Graph models of habitat mosics. Ecology Letters 12(3) : 260-273. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1461-0248.2008.01271.x
- Zetterberg, A.․U. M. Mortberg․B. Balfors. 2010. Making graph theory operational for landscape ecological assessments, planning, and design. Landscape and Urban Planning 95 : 181-191. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2010.01.002
- A Study on the Low Impact Development Infiltration Treebox for Environment Friendiy pedestrian vol.24, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.9.1211