- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A SNP Harvester Analysis to Better Detect SNPs of CCDC158 Gene That Are Associated with Carcass Quality Traits in Hanwoo
- Lee, Jea-Young (Department of Statistics, Yeungnam University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Hyeong (Department of Statistics, Yeungnam University) ;
- Yeo, Jung-Sou (School of Biotechnology, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kim, Jong-Joo (School of Biotechnology, Yeungnam University)
- 투고 : 2012.12.26
- 심사 : 2013.02.16
- 발행 : 2013.06.01
The purpose of this study was to investigate interaction effects of genes using a Harvester method. A sample of Korean cattle, Hanwoo (n = 476) was chosen from the National Livestock Research Institute of Korea that were sired by 50 Korean proven bulls. The steers were born between the spring of 1998 and the autumn of 2002 and reared under a progeny-testing program at the Daekwanryeong and Namwon branches of NLRI. The steers were slaughtered at approximately 24 months of age and carcass quality traits were measured. A SNP Harvester method was applied with a support vector machine (SVM) to detect significant SNPs in the CCDC158 gene and interaction effects between the SNPs that were associated with average daily gains, cold carcass weight, longissimus dorsi muscle area, and marbling scores. The statistical significance of the major SNP combinations was evaluated with
Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms;Harvester Method;CCDC158 Gene;Hanwoo
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Yeungnam University
- Vreeland, W. N., R. J. Meagher and A. E. Barron. 2002. Multiplexed, high through put genotyping by single base extension and end labeled free solution electrophoresis. Anal. Chem. 74:4328-4333. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac0258094
- Yang, C., Z. He, X. Wan, Q. Yang, H. Xue and W. Yu. 2009. SNPHarvester: A filtering-based approach for detecting epistatic interactions in genome-wide association studies. Bioinformatics 25:504-511. https://doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btn652
- Bastone, L., M. Reilly, D. J. Rader and A. S. Foulkes. 2004. MDR and PRP: A comparison of methods for high-order genotype-phenotype associations. Hum. Hered. 58:82-92. https://doi.org/10.1159/000083029
- Cho, Y. M., M. D. Ritchie, J. H. Moore, J. Y. Park, K. U. Lee, H. D. Shin, H. K. Lee and K. S. Park. 2004. Multifactor-dimensionality reduction shows a two-locus interaction associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetologia 47:549-554. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-003-1321-3
- Efron, B. and R. Tibshirani. 1993. An introduction to the bootstrap. Champman & Hall/CRC, Florida, USA.
- Henderson, C. R. 1976. A simple method for computing the inverse of a numerator relationship matrix used in predicting of breeding values. Biometrics 32:69-83. https://doi.org/10.2307/2529339
- Lee, J. Y., J. C. Kwon and J. J. Kim. 2008. Multifactor Dimensionality Reduction (MDR) analysis to detect single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with a carcass trait in a Hanwoo population. Asian Australas. J. Anim. Sci. 21:784-788. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2008.70645
- Lee, J. Y. and H. G. Lee. 2009. A study on the comparison between E-MDR and D-MDR in continuous data. Comm. Korean Stat. Soc. 16:579-586. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2009.16.4.579
- Lee, Y. S., D. Y. Oh, J. J. Kim, J. H. Lee, H. S. Park and J. S. Yeo. 2010. A single nucleotide polymorphism in LOC534614 as an unknown gene associated with body weight and cold carcass weight in Hanwoo (Korean cattle). Asian Australas. J. Anim. Sci. 23:1543-1551. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2010.10113
- Ritchie, M. D., L. W. Hahn, N. Roodi, W. D. Dupont, F. F. Parl and J. H. Moore. 2001. Multifactor-dimensionality reduction reveals high-order interactions among estrogen- metabolism genes in sporadic breast cancer. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 69:138-147. https://doi.org/10.1086/321276
- Sambrook, J. and D. W. Russell. 2001. Molecular cloning: A Laboratory Manual. 3rd Ed., Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, New York, ISBN-13: 9780879695774, Page 99.
- Su, M. W., K. Y. Tung, P. H. Liang , C. H, Tsai, N. W. Kuo and Y. L. Lee. 2012. Gene-gene and gene-environmental interactions of childhood asthma: A multifactor dimensionality reduction approach. PloS One 7:1-9.
- Tan, P. N., M. Steinbach and V. Kumar. 2006. Introduction to data mining. Addison Wesley. New York, USA.
- Vapnik, V. 1998. Statistical learning theory. 1st Ed. Wiley, Boston, USA.
- Major SNP identification for oleic acid and marbling score which are associated with Korean cattle vol.25, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2014.25.5.1011
- Major gene identification for SREBPs and FABP4 gene which are associated with fatty acid composition of Korean cattle vol.26, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.3.677
- Stress Detection and Classification of Laying Hens by Sound Analysis vol.28, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.14.0654