- Volume 13 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of satisfaction in major and career search efficacy on career search behavior in dental hygiene students
치위생과 학생의 전공만족도, 진로탐색효능감이 진로탐색 행동에 미치는 영향
- Jung, Gi-Ok (Department of Dental Hygiene, Daegu Health College) ;
- Choi, Gyu-Yil (Department of Dental Hygiene, Daegu Health College) ;
- Bae, Ji-Young (Department of Dental Hygiene, Youngnam Foreign Language College)
- Received : 2012.09.24
- Accepted : 2013.02.16
- Published : 2013.02.28
Objectives : The purpose of this research is to identify the effect of Dental Hygienic students' level of satisfaction towards their major and sense of career exploration efficacy on their career exploration behavior so that the key findings of this research will help the university students to explore career related to their major and to assume rational attitude towards their career path. Methods : The study was conducted targeting 450 university students who are studying in the Department of Dental Hygienic at the four universities located in Daegu, Gyeongsangbuk-do and Chungcheongbuk-do. Data collection was carried out using the self-administered questions based on the use of structured survey questionnaire, and analysis was conducted using frequency analysis, descriptive statistics, ANOVA, correlation analysis, and multiple regression analysis. Results : 1. Total grade of the Dental Hygienic students' level of satisfaction towards their major was
- Kim HJ. The influence of college student's major satisfaction and flow experience on career decision efficacy and career attitude maturity[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Sungkyunkwan, 2007.
- Yoon YR. The study on the career recognition of the university students. J Edu Cult 2007; 13(1): 123-168.
- Kim KH, Ha HS. A study of department satisfaction and school satisfaction of undergraduate students. KJC 2000; 1(1): 7-20.
- Jang SC. An Analysis of Type of University Students' Career Decision. KJ Counsel Psychol 2004; 16(3): 533-551.
- Logue CT. The relationship between personality traits, vocational interest themes, and college major satisfaction[Doctor's thesis]. Knoxville: Univ. of Tennesse, 2005.
- Solberg VS, Good GE, Fischer AR, et al.. Career decision-making and career search activities:Relative effects of career search self-efficacy and human agency. KJ Counsel Psychol 1994; 42(4): 448-455.
- Moon IO, Lee GW. The Effect of Satisfaction in Major and Career Search Efficacy on Career Search Behavior in Nursing Students. J Nurs Acad Soc 2010; 16(1): 83-91. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.1.083
- Won YS, Jung MH. A Study on the Relationship of College-Entrance Motivation to Satisfaction with Major among Dental Hygiene Students. J Dent Hyg Sci 2004; 4(2): 85-89.
- Yu JS, Choi SY. The Effects of Emotional Perception on Major Satisfaction among Students at the Department of Dental Hygiene. J Dent Hyg Sci 2010; 10(5): 307-314.
- Choi HN, Lee SY, Cho YS. Career Plan and Job View of the Would-be Graduates of Dept. of Dental Hygiene. J Dent Hyg Sci 2011; 11(1): 7-14.
- Ju OJ. Study of W Health Science College Dental Hygiene Students Course Consciousness. J Dent Hyg Sci 2006; 6(2): 119-125.
- Sim ES. Gender, class, and major difference in career maturity and student satisfaction in college students[Master's thesis]. Kangwon: Univ. of Kangwon National, 2003.
- Choi OH. The influence of attachment relationship and style and career search self-efficacy on career development of college students[Doctor's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Sookmyung Women's, 2007.
- Choi DS. Relationship between career exploration behavior and motivational factors and attachment of undergraduate students[Doctor's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Seoul National, 2003.
- Choi OH, Kim BH. The Influence of Attachment Relationship and Style and Career Search Self-Efficacy on Career Development of College Students. J Korean Counsel 2007; 8(3): 947-965.
- Lim, SM. Study of the relationship between career search self-efficacy and career indecision level[Master's thesis]. Jeonju: Univ. of Chonbuk National, 2003.
- Yoo JS. Relationship between career indecision and attachment and career decision-making self-efficacy of female college students[Doctor's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Seoul National, 2004.
- Park ES. Influence of the father's attachment and support on college students' career search self-efficacy and career search behavior[Doctor's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Hongik, 2008.
- Lee YS, Jang JH, Moon AE. The effects of emotional labor and stress on job satisfaction in oral health professional. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Edu 2011; 11(5): 823-831.
- Self-efficacy and stress coping method of students in the department of dental hygiene in some areas vol.14, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.01.67
- The relationship between the satisfaction levels of education and clinical practice in the dental hygiene students vol.14, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.05.649
- Related factors of clinical practice satisfaction and social support in dental hygiene students vol.14, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.935
- The relationship between the personality types and satisfaction of education in dental hygiene students vol.14, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.943
- Correlations of self-esteem, major satisfaction and career identity in dental hygiene students vol.15, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.279
- Effect of gender role identity on choice of dental hygiene and professionalism vol.15, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.295
- Relationship between educational satisfaction and learning participation in dental hygiene students vol.15, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.06.1091
- Relationships among emotional intelligence, ego resilience, stress in clinical practice of dental hygiene students vol.16, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.04.625
- Relationship between incivility through clinical experience and major satisfaction in dental hygiene students vol.16, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.05.701