- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of oral health service program for disabled persons in Ulsan, Korea
울산광역시 장애인 구강진료사업의 성과 분석 : 초중고 학생을 중심으로
- Kim, Min-Ji (Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Pusan National University) ;
- Jun, Eun-Joo (Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Pusan National University) ;
- Han, Dong-Hun (Department of Preventive and Social Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University) ;
- Jeong, Seung-Hwa (Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Bom (Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Pusan National University)
- 김민지 (부산대학교 치의학전문대학원 예방치과학교실) ;
- 전은주 (부산대학교 치의학전문대학원 예방치과학교실) ;
- 한동헌 (서울대학교 치의학대학원 예방치학교실) ;
- 정승화 (부산대학교 치의학전문대학원 예방치과학교실) ;
- 김진범 (부산대학교 치의학전문대학원 예방치과학교실)
- Received : 2012.12.18
- Accepted : 2013.04.18
- Published : 2013.04.30
Objectives : The purpose of this study was to evaluate the oral health status of the disabled people in Ulsan. Methods : Two dentists taken a calibration training for national oral health survey examined the Oral health status on 110 disabled people in Ulsan, in 2009. The surveyed disabled people, 6 to 19 years old, have been supplied with the oral health care services by dentists, oral hygienists and volunteers at dental clinics of schools and a dental clinic supported from Ulsan Metropolitan City Nam-Gu Health Center since 1997. The obtained data from these surveys were analyzed with the SPSS statistical package. Results : Among subjects aged 12-14 years, DMF rate was 38.2%; Active D rate, 17.6%; DMFT index, 1.15; DT rate, 33.33%; MT rate, 0.00%; FT rate, 66.67%. Oral heath status of disabled people in Ulsan were evaluated to be a similar level to the Ulsan non-disabled citizens from 2010 Korean National Survey. Conclusions : The oral health care programs for disabled people using voluntary dentists, oral hygienists and other workers in Ulsan are evaluated to be effective for the disabled people.
active D rate;disability;DMF rate;DMFT index;oral health care program
- Woo SH. Study on the oral health promotion program for disabled person in public health center[Master's Thesis]. Gwangju: Univ. of Chosun, 2007.
- Act of Welfare for the Disabled Persons. Article 1. Act No. 11240. Effective date 2012.1.26.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Welfare policy for people with disabilities[Internet]. [cited 2012 Feb 22]. Available from: http:// www.mohw.go.kr
- Korean Dental Association. Precedence of care services for disabilities. J Korean Dent Assoc 2000; 38: 1153-1154.
- Korea Institute for Oral Health Care. Basic research for the development of oral health policy for disabilities. Seoul, Dentists' Association for Healthy Society. 2002, pp 33-36.
- Division of Healthy Life and Oral Health, Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2013 Community integrated health promotion projects[Oral health sector]. Seoul, Hangaram Communication. 2013, p 76.
- Beck SJ, Sim OJ, Lee SM, et al. Evaluation of an incremental oral health care program by school dental clinic for disabled children in Changwon, Korea. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2007; 31: 60-72.
- Woo SH, Kim YJ, Gkuk JS. A study on oral health projects for the disabled in public health center. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2008; 8: 1-11.
- Park SJ, Choi SW, Park SS. A study on quality of handicapped inpatients' service satisfaction at special dental clinic and their transformed perceptions toward to the dental treatment services. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10: 1001-1014.
- Chang KW, Kim JB. Basic methods of oral health surveys recommended by World Health Organization. Seoul, KMS. 2007, pp 38-65.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2010 Korean National Oral Health Survey: II. Surveyed results. Seoul, Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2010, pp 187-281.
- Yun HS, Cho BJ, Bae KH, Jeong TS, Kim JB. A survey on the oral health status of the disabled in Busan, Korea. J Korean Assoc Disability and Oral Health 2005; 1: 25-32.
- Pusan National University. Evaluation of free dental care program for severe disabilities. Yangsan, School of Dentistry, Pusan National Univ. 2009, pp 1-4.
- Kim JB, Choi UJ, Moon HS, et al. Dental Public Health. Seoul, KMS. 2009, pp 164-231.
- Shin HJ, Park YG, Cho YG, et al. Evaluation of 4-year results of an adjusted water fluoridation program in Ulsan Metropoltan City, Korea. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2004; 28: 57-71.