- Volume 8 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Design of Dynamically Simultaneous Search GA-based Fuzzy Neural Networks: Comparative Analysis and Interpretation
- Park, Byoung-Jun (Telematics & Vehicle-IT Convergence Department, IT Convergence Technology Research Laboratory, ETRI) ;
- Kim, Wook-Dong (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, The University of Suwon) ;
- Oh, Sung-Kwun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, The University of Suwon)
- Received : 2011.12.12
- Accepted : 2012.12.04
- Published : 2013.05.01
In this paper, we introduce advanced architectures of genetically-oriented Fuzzy Neural Networks (FNNs) based on fuzzy set and fuzzy relation and discuss a comprehensive design methodology. The proposed FNNs are based on 'if-then' rule-based networks with the extended structure of the premise and the consequence parts of the fuzzy rules. We consider two types of the FNNs topologies, called here FSNN and FRNN, depending upon the usage of inputs in the premise of fuzzy rules. Three different type of polynomials function (namely, constant, linear, and quadratic) are used to construct the consequence of the rules. In order to improve the accuracy of FNNs, the structure and the parameters are optimized by making use of genetic algorithms (GAs). We enhance the search capabilities of the GAs by introducing the dynamic variants of genetic optimization. It fully exploits the processing capabilities of the FNNs by supporting their structural and parametric optimization. To evaluate the performance of the proposed FNNs, we exploit a suite of several representative numerical examples and its experimental results are compared with those reported in the previous studies.
Fuzzy set;Fuzzy relation;Fuzzy neural networks;Genetic algorithm;Polynomial fuzzy inference;Dynamically simultaneous search
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- P. Pulkkinen, and H. Koivisto, "A dynamically constrained multiobjective genetic fuzzy system for regression problems," IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 161-177, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2009.2038712
- M. Tang, C. Quek, and G. S. Ng, "GA-TSK fnn: parameters tuning of fuzzy neural network suing genetic algorithms," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 769-781.
- M. Eftekhari, and S. D. Katebi, "Eliciting transparent fuzzy model using differential evolution," Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 466-476, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2007.02.008
- S. K. Oh, W. Pedrycz, and H. S. Park, "Hybrid identification in fuzzy neural networks," Fuzzy Set and Systems, Vol. 138, No. 2, pp. 399-426, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(02)00441-4
- W. K. Wong, X. H. Zeng, and W. M. R. Au, "A decision support tool for apparel coordination through integrating the knowledge-based attribute evaluation expert system and the T-S fuzzy neural network," Expert Systems with Application, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 2377-2390, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2007.12.068
- T. Kondo, "Revised GMDH algorithm estimating degree of the complete polynomial," Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol. 22, No. 9, pp. 928-934, 1986. https://doi.org/10.9746/sicetr1965.22.928
- S. L. Horikawa, T. Furuhashi, and Y. Uchigawa, "On fuzzy modeling using fuzzy neural networks with the back propagation algorithm," IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, Vol. 3, No. 5, pp. 801-806, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/72.159069
- H. S. Park, and S. K. Oh, "Multi-FNN identification based on HCM clustering and evolutionary fuzzy granulation," Simulation Modeling Practice and Theory, Vol. 11, No. 7-8, pp. 627-642, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.simpat.2003.09.001
- E. Kim, H. Lee, M. Park, and M, Park, "A simply identified sugeno-type fuzzy model via double clustering," Information Sciences, Vol. 110, No. 1-2, pp. 25-39, 1998.
- Y. Lin, and G. A. Cunningham III, "A new approach to fuzzy-neural system modeling," IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 190-198, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/91.388173
- G. E. Tsekouras, "On the use of the weighted fuzzy cmeans in fuzzy modeling," Advances in Engineering Software, Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 287-300, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advengsoft.2004.12.001
- B. J. Park, S. K. Oh, and T. C. Ahn, "Optimization of fuzzy systems by means of GA and weighted factor," The Trans. of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 48A, No. 6, pp. 789-799.
- B. J. Park, W. Pedrycz, and S. K. Oh, "Identification of fuzzy models with the aid of evolutionary data granulation," IEE Proceedings-Control theory and application, Vol. 148, No. 5, pp. 406-418, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-cta:20010677
- S. K. Oh, W. Pedrycz, and B. J. Park, "Hybrid identification of fuzzy rule-based models," International Journal of Intelligent Systems, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 77-10, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/int.1004
- R. Alcala, P. Ducange, F. Herrera, B. Lazzerini, and F. Marcelloni, "A multi-objective evolutionary approach to concurrently learn rule and data bases of linguistic fuzzy rule-based systems," IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 1106-1122, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2009.2023113
- M. J. Gacto, R. Alcala, and F. Herrera, "Integration of an index to preserve the semantic interpretability in the multi-objective evolutionary rule selection and tuning of linguistic fuzzy system," IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 515-531, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2010.2041008
- F. Herrera, "Genetic fuzzy systems: taxonomy, current research trends and prospects," Evolutionary Intelligence, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 27-46, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12065-007-0001-5
- G. Kang, and M. Sugeno, "Fuzzy modeling," Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 106-108, 1987.
- W. Pedrycz, "Fuzzy modeling: paradigms and practice", Kluwer Academic Press, Dordrecht, 1996.
- D. Driankov, H. Hellendoorn, and M. Reinfrank, "An introduction to fuzzy control," Springer, Berlin, 1993.
- J. Y. Zhang, and Y. D. Li, "Application of genetic algorithm in optimization of fuzzy control rules," Proceedings of the sixth International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (Jinan, China, Oct. 16-18, 2006). ISDA'06, pp. 529-534, 2006.
- Z. Chi, H. Yan, and T. Pham, "Fuzzy algorithms: with applications to image proceeding and pattern recognition," World Scientific, Singapore, 1996.
- O, Cordon, F. Gomide, F. Herrera, F. Hoffmann, and L. Magdalena, "Ten years of genetic fuzzy systems: current framework and new trends," Fuzzy Set and systems, Vol. 141, No. 1, pp.5-31, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(03)00111-8
- Reinforced rule-based fuzzy models: Design and analysis vol.119, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knosys.2016.12.003