- Volume 8 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Sensorless Fuzzy Direct Torque Control for High Performance Electric Vehicle with Four In-Wheel Motors
Sekour, M'hamed;Hartani, Kada;Draou, Azeddine;Allali, Ahmed
- Received : 2012.01.21
- Accepted : 2012.12.14
- Published : 2013.05.01
This paper describes a control scheme of speed sensorless fuzzy direct torque control (FDTC) of permanent magnet synchronous motor for electric vehicle (EV). Electric vehicle requires fast torque response and high efficiency of the drive. Speed sensorless FDTC In-wheel PMSM drives without mechanical speed sensors at the motor shaft have the attractions of low cost, quick response and high reliability in electric vehicle application. This paper presents a new approach to estimate the speed of in-wheel electrical vehicles based on Model Reference Adaptive System (MRAS). The direct torque control suffers in low speeds due to the effect of changes in stator resistance on the flux measurements. To improve the system performance at low speeds, a PI-fuzzy resistance estimator is proposed to eliminate the error due to changes in stator resistance. High performance sensorless drive of the in-wheel motor based on MRAS with on line stator resistance tuning is established for four motorized wheels electric vehicle and the whole system is simulated by matalb/simulink. The simulation results show the effectiveness of the new control strategy. This proposed control strategy is extensively used in electric vehicle application.
Electric vehicle;Fuzzy logic;In-wheel motor;Sensorless control;Model Reference Adaptive system;Direct torque control
- U. Kiencke, L. Nielsen, "Automotive control system", 2000.
- Stephant, A. Charar, D. Meizel, "Force model comparaison on the wheel-ground contact for vehicle dynamics", IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symposium, Versailles, June 2002.
- S. Mir, M. E. Elbuluk and D. S. Zinger, "PI and Fuzzy Estimators for Tuning the stator resistance in direct torque control of induction machines", IEEE Transactions Power Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 279-287, March, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.662841
- Kada Hartani, Mohamed Bourahla, Yahia Miloud, Mohamed Sekour, "Electronic Differential with Direct Torque Fuzzy Control for Vehicle Propulsion System", Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, Vol. 17, N 1, pp. 21-38, March 2009.
- Takahachi and T. Noguchi, "A new quick-response and high-efficiency control strategy of an induction motor", IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 820-827, 1986.
- T.J. Vyncke, J. A. Melkebeek, and R. K. Boel, "Direct torque control of permanent magnet synchronous motors - an overview", in conf.Proc. 3rd IEEE Benelux Young Research Symposium in Electrical Power Engineering, No. 28, Ghent, Begium, Apr. 27-28, p.5, 2006.
- D. Casadei, G. Serra, A. Tani, "Implementation of direct torque control algorithm for induction motors based on discrt space vector modulation", IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics. Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 769-777, July 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.849048
- C. French, P. Acarnley, "Direct torque control of permanent magnet drives", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. Vol. 32, No. 5, pp. 1080-1088, Sep./Oct. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.536869
- B. Hredzak, S., Gair, J. F., Eastham,"Elimination of torque pulsations in a direct drive EV wheel motor", IEEE Trans.actions Magn. Vol. 32, No. 5, pp. 5010- 5012, Sep. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.539359
- A. Goodazi, E. Esmailzadeh, "Design of a VDC system for all-wheel independent drive vehicles", IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechanics, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 632- 639, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2007.910075
- Young Sam, K. Kyoon Kim, K. Young Ahn, 'MRAS based senrorless control for permanent magnet synchronous motor", SICE Annual Conference in Fukui, August 4-6, pp. 1632-1637, 2003.
- Y. Ruzhong, L. Beizhi, F. Zhou, "Sensorless control of PMSMs based on parameter optimized MRAS speed observer", Proceeding of the IEEE International Con- ference on Automation and Logistics Qingdao, China, pp. 1573-1578, September 2008.
- X. Xiaodong, H. Yikang, "Sensorless operation of PMSM vased on Hybrid rotor position self-sensing scheme", Proceeding of International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, Seoul Korea, pp. 714-718, October 8-11, 2007.
- W. Hao, Z. Deng, X. Wang, "Enhanced Adaptive Observer for sensorless PMSM drive system", Trans-actions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 41-46, March 2009.
- X. Xiao, Y. Li, M. Zhang, Y. Liang, "A sensorless control based on MRAS method in interior permanent magnet machine drive", PEDS, pp. 734-738, 2005.
- G. Genta, "Motor vehicle dynamics: modeling and simulation", Series on Advances in Mathematics for Applied Sciences. World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd, Vol. 43, 1997.
- E. Esmailzadeh, G. R. Vossoghi, A. Goodarzi, "Dynamic modeling and analysis of a four motorized wheels vehicle", Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 35, pp. 163- 194, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1076/vesd.188.8.131.527
- H. B. Pacejk, "Tire and Vehicle dynamics", Second edition, Butterworth-Heinemann, pp. 165-166, 2006.
- E. Bakker, H.B. Pacejka, L. Lidner, "A new tire model with an application in vehicle dynamics studies", SAE paper, 1989.
- L. Chunhua, K. T. Chau, J. Z. Jiang, "A permanent magnet hybrid in-wheel motor drive for electric vehicles", Proceeding of IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, 2008.
- A. Goodazi, E. Esmailzadeh, "Design of a VDC system for all-wheel independent drive vehicles", IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechanics, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 632-639, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2007.910075
- T. Masayuki, A. Tadashi, M. Takayuki, N. Kazuo, F. Noboru, Y. Masayuki, "Novel motors and controllers for high performance electric vehicle with Four inwheel motors", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Elec- tronics, Vol. 44, No. 1, pp. 28-38, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.557496
- C. Chan, "The state of the art of electric and hybrid vehicles", Proc. Of the IEEE, Vol. 90, No. 2, pp. 247- 275, Feb. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.989873
- M. A. Rahman, R. Qin, "A permanent magnet hysteresis hybrid synchronous motor for electric vehicles", IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. Vol. 44, No. 1, pp. 46-53, Feb. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.557498
- Kada Hartani, Yahia Miloud, "Vehicle Stability Enhancement Control for Electric Vehicle Using Behaviour Model Control", Book : Electric Vehicles - Modelling and Simulations, ISBN 978-953-307-477-1, Edited by: Seref Soylu, Publisher: InTech, Chapter 6, p. 127-158, September 2011.
- K. Hartani, Y. Miloud, A. Miloudi "Improved Direct Torque Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Electrical Vehicle Motor with Proportional-Integral Resistance Estimator", Journal of Electrical Engi- neering & Technology, Vol. 5, N 3, pp. 451-461, September 2010. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2010.5.3.451
- Neuro-Fuzzy Control of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors: Stability Analysis and Implementation vol.8, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.6.1439
- A Nonlinear Sliding Mode Controller for IPMSM Drives with an Adaptive Gain Tuning Rule vol.15, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2015.15.3.753
- Sliding-Mode Observer for IPMSM Sensorless Control by MTPA Control Strategy vol.49, pp.29, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2016.11.092
- Sensorless Vector Control of Induction Motors for Wind Energy Applications Using MRAS and ASO vol.9, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.3.873
- Equivalent Circuit Considering the Harmonics of Core Loss in the Squirrel-Cage Induction Motor for Electrical Power Steering Application vol.50, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2014.2329316
- Torque Distribution Algorithm for an Independently Driven Electric Vehicle Using a Fuzzy Control Method vol.8, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3390/en8088537
- Electric Vehicle Longitudinal Stability Control Based on a New Multimachine Nonlinear Model Predictive Direct Torque Control vol.2017, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/4125384
- Simulation of Electric Vehicles Combining Structural and Functional Approaches vol.9, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.3.848
- Speed control system design and experimentation for interior PMSM drives vol.102, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1080/00207217.2014.942888
- Suboptimal Control Scheme Design for Interior Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motors: An SDRE-Based Approach vol.29, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2272582
- Adaptive PID Speed Control Design for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drives vol.30, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2014.2311462
- Control Strategy of Speed Servo Systems Based on Deep Reinforcement Learning vol.11, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/a11050065