- Volume 8 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Improved Flux Observer for Sensorless Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drives with Parameter Identification
- Lin, Hai (Department of Automation, School of Electronic and Control Engineering, Chang'an University) ;
- Hwang, Kyu-Yun (Department of Electronics, Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kwon, Byung-Il (Department of Electronic Systems Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2012.03.21
- Accepted : 2012.12.11
- Published : 2013.05.01
This paper investigates an improved stator flux linkage observer for sensorless permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) drives using a voltage-based flux linkage model and an adaptive sliding mode variable structure. We propose a new observer design that employs an improved sliding mode reaching law to achieve better estimation accuracy. The design includes two models and two adaptive estimating laws, and we illustrate that the design is stable using the Popov hyper-stability theory. Simulation and experimental results demonstrate that the proposed estimator accurately calculates the speed, the stator flux linkage, and the resistance while overcoming the shortcomings of traditional estimators.
Permanent magnet synchronous motor;Observer;Stator flux linkage
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- Po-ngam, S.; Sangwongwanich, S.; "Stability and Dynamic Performance Improvement of Adaptive Full-Order Observers for Sensorless PMSM Drive", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 27, No. 2, Page(s): 588-600, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2153212
- Hinkkanen, M.; Tuovinen, T.; Harnefors, L.; Luomi, J.; "A Combined Position and Stator-Resistance Observer for Salient PMSM Drives: Design and Stability Analysis", Vol. 27, No. 2, Page(s): 601-609, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2118232
- Preindl, M.; Schaltz, E.; "Sensorless Model Predictive Direct Current Control Using Novel Second- Order PLL Observer for PMSM Drive Systems", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 58, No. 9, Page(s): 4087-4095, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2011.2165723
- Changsheng Li, Elbuluk M, "A Sliding Mode Observer for Sensorless Control Of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors", in Proc. Industry Applications Conf. 2001, Vol. 2, pp. 1273-1278.
- K. Paponpen and M. Konghirun, "An improved sliding mode observer for speed sensorless vector control drive of PMSM," in Proc. CES/IEEE 5th Int. Power Electron. Motion Control Conf., Aug. 2006, Vol. 2, pp. 1-5.
- Hongryel Kim; Jubum Son; Jangmyung Lee, "A High-Speed Sliding-Mode Observer for the Sensorless Speed Control of a PMSM", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 58, No. 9, Page(s): 4069-4077, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2098357
- Zhuang Xu; Rahman, M.F.; "An Adaptive Sliding Stator Flux Observer for a Direct-Torque-Controlled IPM Synchronous Motor Drive", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 54, No. 5, Page(s): 2398-2406, 2007.
- Rahman, M.F.; Zhong, L., "Problems of stator flux oriented torque controllers for the interior permanent magnet motor", IPEMC, Vol. 1, Page(s): 342-345, 2000.
- Idris, N.R.N.; Yatim, A.H.M., "An improved stator flux estimation in steady-state operation for direct torque control of induction machines", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 38, No. 1, Page(s): 110-116, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.980364
- Hyunbae Kim; Harke, M.C.; Lorenz, R.D.; "Sensorless control of interior permanent-magnet machine drives with zero-phase lag position estimation", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 39, No. 6, Page(s): 1726-1733, 2003.
- Sliding Mode Observer Driver IC Integrated Gate Driver for Sensorless Speed Control of Wide Power Range of PMSMs vol.37, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.15.0115.0002
- Adaptive PID Speed Control Design for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drives vol.30, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2014.2311462
- Sensorless Speed Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor by Unscented Kalman Filter using Various Scaling Parameters vol.11, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2016.11.2.347
- A Sensorless Control of IPMSM using the Adaptive Back-EMF Estimator and Improved Instantaneous Reactive Power Compensator vol.65, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.5.794
- Suboptimal Control Scheme Design for Interior Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motors: An SDRE-Based Approach vol.29, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2272582
- Speed control system design and experimentation for interior PMSM drives vol.102, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1080/00207217.2014.942888
- Sensorless Vector Control of Induction Motors for Wind Energy Applications Using MRAS and ASO vol.9, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.3.873
- A Nonlinear Sliding Mode Controller for IPMSM Drives with an Adaptive Gain Tuning Rule vol.15, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2015.15.3.753
- Sliding-Mode Observer for IPMSM Sensorless Control by MTPA Control Strategy vol.49, pp.29, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2016.11.092
- Neuro-Fuzzy Control of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors: Stability Analysis and Implementation vol.8, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.6.1439
- Demagnetization Fault Detection for Five-Phase IPMSM Through Integral Terminal Sliding Mode Flux-Linkage Observer pp.0974-780X, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/03772063.2018.1436474