- Volume 8 Issue 3
This paper deals with the operation strategy of the Cheju AC network included MIHVDC system (Multi-Infeed HVDC system). In case that where several HVDC systems are located in the vicinity of each other, there are interactions between the different HVDC systems in such network configurations. The interactions which could be generated in multi-infeed HVDC are voltage stability, power stability and inertia stability, to analyze such systems in a systematic way to ensure that there are no risks of adverse interactions is very important. The developed method until now to analyze MIHVDC interaction is extended from MAP(Maximum Available Power) method for analyzing the power stability of the single-infeed HVDC system, this method is to solve the eigenstructure using the identified factors influencing the interactions. Finally, the algorithms which are introduced in this paper, to determine the operation strategy are applied to Cheju island network which is supplied by two HVDCs.
MIHVDC(Multi-Infeed HVDC);Power stability;Voltage stability;Inertia stability
- E. Rahimi, etc 4, "Commutation Failure Analysis in Multi-Infeed HVDC Systems", IEEE transactions on power delivery, Vol. 26, No. 1, January 2011.
- D. L. H. Aik, etc 1, "Power Stability Analysis of Multi-Infeed HVDC Systems", IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 13, No. 3, July 1998.
- D.L.H. Aik, etc 1, "Voltage Stability Analysis of Multi-Infeed HVDC Systems", IEEE Tiransactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 12, No. 3, July 1997.
- C. K. Kim, etc 4, HVDC Transmission, IEEE & Wiley, 2009.
- Guide for Planning DC Links Terminating at AC Systems Locations Having Low Short-Circuit Capacities Part I : AC/DC Interaction Phenomena, Cigre, 1992.
- Cheju-Jindo HVDC #2 manual, Alstom, 2010.
- Commutation failure and voltage sensitivity analysis in a hybrid multi-infeed HVDC system containing modular multilevel converter vol.26, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1002/etep.2206
Supported by : KETEP