- Volume 24 Issue spc1
DOI QR Code
Clinical Guidelines for Hwabyung II. (Research on the Status of Hwabyung in Korea)
화병 임상진료지침 II. (화병의 실태)
- Chung, Sun-Yong (Department of Neuropsychiatry, College of Korean Medicine, Kyung-Hee University) ;
- Song, Seung-Yeon (Department of Neuropsychiatry, College of Korean Medicine, Kyung-Hee University) ;
- Kim, Jong-Woo (Department of Neuropsychiatry, College of Korean Medicine, Kyung-Hee University)
- Received : 2013.03.09
- Accepted : 2013.04.11
- Published : 2013.04.30
Objectives : The Hwabyung Research Center of The Korean Society Of Oriental Neuropsychiatry attempted to produce clinical guidelines for doctors of Korean medicine for the treatment of Hwabyung. Methods : A standard guideline development process was followed. Relevant literature was identified by a review of bibliographies. The operational criteria were used to rate the quality of scientific evidence, and the line of treatment recommendations included a consensus clinical opinion. This section of "the status of Hwabyung in Korea" is 2 out of 5 articles drafted and reviewed by clinicians. Results : Hwabyung is changed depending on the time and have a risk of relapse. Like the previous studies, Female and lower socio-economic and educational level people suffers Hwabyung frequently. But recently number of Male Hwabyung patients increases. Recovery of Hwabyung is involved in depression, anxiety, stress. Hwabyung is related to Major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, somatoform disorder and diseases of the digestive system. Conclusions : This study was observed for the progression of Hwabyung. Hwabyung is a long-term disease associated with depression, anxiety and stress. Hwabyung is accompanied by physical and psychological symptoms and degrades the quality of life.
Supported by : Ministry for Health and Welfare
- Min SK, Park CS, Han JO. Defense Mechanisms and Coping Strategies in Hwabyung. J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc. 1993;32(4):506-16.
- Chon KK, Park HK, Kim JW. Life Stress and Coping Styles of Hwabyung Patients and Housewives at Large. Korean J of Health Psychology. 1997;2(1):168-85.
- Lee SH. A Study of Hwabyung. J Koryo General Hospital. 1977;1(2):63-9.
- Min SK, Suh SY, Song KJ, et al. Development of Hwa-Byung Scale and Research Criteria of Hwa-Byung. J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc. 2009;48:77-85.
- Kim JW, Kwon JH, Lee MS, et al. Development of Hwabyung Diagnostic Interview Schedule (HBDIS) and Its Validity Test. The Korean J of Health Psychology. 2004;9(2):321-31.
- Park JH, Min SK, Lee MH. A Study on the Diagnosis of Hwabyung. J Korean Neuuropsychiatr Assoc. 1997;36(3):496-502.
- Jeong HR, Koh SB, Park JK, et al. Corelationship Study between Hwabyung and Type A Behavior Pattern, Cardiovascular Disease. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2011;22(2):27-37. https://doi.org/10.7231/JON.2011.22.2.027
- Jeong HR, Koh SB, Park JK, et al. Corelationship Study between Hwa-Byung and Coronary Heart Disease, by using Framingham Coronary Risk Score. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2011;22(3): 13-22.
- Park YJ, Shin NM, Choi JW, et al. Cardiovascular Health and Depressive Symptoms and Well-being Status in Community-based Korean Women according to Hwa-byung Symptoms. Korean J Adult Nurs. 2011;23(1):60-71.
- Jeong HR, Koh SB, Park JK, et al. A Study on the Correlationship between Hwabyung and Various Factors Including Sasang Constitution: For the Inhabitants of Gangwon-do in 2006. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2010;21(1):159-72.
- Munhwa ilbo. Men Hwabyung Increased. 2013. 11.26.
- Kim JW, Chung SY, Suh HU, et al. The Characteristics of Hwabyung Patients Based on Hwabyung Epidemiologic Data. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2010;21(2):157-69.
- Min SK, Soh EH, Pyohn YW. The Concept of Hwabyung of Korean Psychiatrists and Herb Physicians. J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc. 1989; 28(1):146-54.
- Lee HY, Kim JW, Park JH, et al. A Study for Diagnosis and Pattern Identification of Hwabyung. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2005; 16(1):1-17.
- Kim JW, Hyun KC, Whang WW. A Study on the Origin of Hwabyung (Fire Syndrome). J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 1999;10(1):205-15.
- American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder. 4th ed. 1997.
- Min SK. A study of the Concept of Hwabyung. J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc. 1989;28(4):604-16.
- Min SK, Namkoong K, Lee HY. An Epidemiological Study on Hwabyung. J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc. 1990;29(4):867-74.
- Lee JG, Lee JH. Study on the Prevalence of Hwabyung Diagnosesd by HBDIS in General Population in Kang-won Province. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2008;19(2):133-9.
- Min SK, Kim JH. A Study on Hwabyung in Bokil Island. J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc. 1986; 28(3):459-66.
- Kim JW, Lee JH, Lee SG, et al. A Clinical Study on Hwabyung with Hwabyung Model of Oriental Medicine. Korean Journal of Stress Research. 1996;4(2):23-32.
- Lee SH, Cho SY, Lee SH. Hwabyung Formation as Ulhwabyung. J Koryo General Hospital. 1989; 12:151-6.
- Jeong HR, Koh SB, Park JK, et al. Corelationship Study between Hwabyung and Other Disease for Women. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2009; 20(2):61-9.
- A Trend Analysis of Case Reports and Case Series on Hwa-byung in Korea vol.36, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13048/jkm.15040
- Clinical Practice Guideline for Soyangin Disease of Sasang Constitutional Medicine: Overview vol.26, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2014.26.3.213
- Clinical Practice Guideline for Taeeumin and Taeyangin Disease of Sasang Constitutional Medicine: Overview vol.27, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2015.27.1.001
- Reliability and Validity Analysis of the Instrument of Oriental Medical Evaluation for Hwa-Byung vol.25, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7231/jon.2014.25.4.351
- Clinical Practice Guideline for Soeumin Disease of Sasang Constitutional Medicine: Overview vol.26, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2014.26.1.001
- Qualitative Analysis of the Hwa-byung Recovery Process and Influencing Factors vol.25, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7231/jon.2014.25.4.359
- Clinical Practice Guideline for Sasang Constitutional Medicine: The Examination of Sasangin Disease and Diagnosis for Sasang Constitution vol.27, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2015.27.1.110
- Heritability of Hwabyung Symptoms in South Korean Adolescent and Young Adult Twins vol.21, pp.05, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1017/thg.2018.40