- Volume 31 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Irrigation Method of Nutrient Solution Affect Growth and Yield of Paprika 'Veyron' Grown in Rockwool and Phenolic Foam Slabs
Rockwool과 Phenolic Foam 배지에서 양액공급 방법이 프리카(Capsicum annuum) 'Veron'의 생육과 수량에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2012.09.19
- Accepted : 2012.12.18
- Published : 2013.04.30
This study was carried out to find a reasonable irrigation method of a nutrient solution for the phenolic foam slab (foam LC) used in a trial experiment to substitute the rockwool slab in the production of paprika (Capsicum annuum 'Veyron'). 100, 90, and 80 mL of a nutrient solution was supplied per plant each time when the accumulated radiation reached to 100,
accumulated radiation;blossom end rot;irrigation strategy;substrate;water content
- An, C.G., Y.H. Hwang, H.S. Yoon, H.J. Hwang, G.M. Shon, G.W. Song, and B.R. Jeong. 2005. Effect of drain ratio during fruiting period on growth and fruiting of sweet pepper (Capsicum annuum 'Jubilee') in rockwool culture. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 23:256-260.
- Asakura, T. 1998. Changes in evapotranspiration of summer and winter crops of netted melon grown under glass in relation to meteorological and plant-related factors. J. Japan. Soc. Hort. Sci. 67:843-848. https://doi.org/10.2503/jjshs.67.843
- Bar-Tal, A. and E. Pressman. 1996. Root restriction and potassium and calcium solution concentrations affect dry matter production, calcium uptake and blossom end rot in greenhouse tomato. J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 121:649-655.
- Benoit, F. 1992. Practical guide for simple soilless culture techniques. Europ. Vegetable R & D Centre, Belgium p. 28-37.
- Doyle, A.S., W.L. Dickens, and J.R. Stansell. 1994. Irrigation regimes affect yield and water use by bell pepper. J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 119:936-939.
- Hayata, Y., T. Tabe, S. Kondo, and K. Inoue. 1998. The effects of water stress on the growth, sugar and nitrogen content of cherry tomato fruit. J. Japan. Soc. Hort. Sci. 65:759-766.
- Ito, H. and S. Kawai. 1994. Effects of watering control on the fruit qualities of tomato and cherry tomato. Res. Bull. Aichi Agric. Res. Center 26:191-199.
- Lee, E.H., B.Y. Lee, Y.B. Lee, Y.S. Kwon, and J.W. Lee. 1998. Nitrate content and activities of nitrate reductase and glutamine synthease as affected by ionic strength, nitrate concentration, ratio of nitrate to ammonium in nutrient solution for culture of leaf lettuce and water dropwort. J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci. 39:161-165.
- Lorenzo, P., E. Medrano, and M.C. Sanchez-Guerrero. 1998. Greenhouse crop transpiration: An implement to soilless irrigation management. Acta Hort. 458:113-119.
- Ootake, Y., Y. Ban, Y. Tanaka, and G. Hayashi. 1994. Changes of chemical constituents in tomato fruit in relation to soil moisture. Res. Bull. Aichi Agric. Center 26:209-212.
- Park, J.E., C.G. An, B.R. Jeong, and S.J. Hwang. 2012. Use of phenolic foam as a medium for production of plug seedlings of paprika. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 30:34-41. https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2012.11092
- Rural Development Administration (RDA). 1997. Theory and application to cultivation of crop physiology. RDA, Suwon, Korea p. 304-330.
- Smith, D.L. 1996. Rockwool in horticulture. The development of rockwool as a substrate. Grower Book, London p. 15-23.
- Tadesse, T., M.A. Nichols, and K.J. Fisher. 1999. Nutrient conductivity effects on sweet pepper plants grown using a nutrient film technique. 2. Blossom-end rot and fruit mineral status. New Zealand J. Crop Hort. Sci. 27:239-247. https://doi.org/10.1080/01140671.1999.9514102
- Xu, H.L., L. Gauthier, and A. Gosselin. 1994. Photosynthetic responses of greenhouse tomato plants to high solution electrical conductivity and low soil water content. J. Hort. Sci. 69:821-832.
- An, C.G., D.S. Kang, C.W. Rho, and B.R. Jeong. 2002. Effects of transplanting method of seedlings on the growth and yield of paprika. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 20:15-18.
- An, C.G., Y.H. Hwang, G.M. Shon, C.S. Lim, J.L. Cho, and B.R. Jeong. 2009. Effects of irrigation amount in rockwool and cocopeat substrates on growth and fruiting of sweet pepper during fruiting period. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 27:233-238.
Supported by : 농림수산식품기획평가원(IPET)