- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Long Term Performance and Creep of Laminated Natural Rubber Bearings(NRB)
적층 천연고무 면진장치의 장기성능과 크리프에 대한 예측
- Hwang, Kee Tae (Econing Co., Ltd.) ;
- Seo, Dae Won (Research Institute of Earthquake and Disaster Prevention, Econing Co., Ltd.) ;
- Cho, Sung Gook (R&D Center, JACE KOREA Company)
- Received : 2012.12.12
- Accepted : 2013.03.11
- Published : 2013.05.02
Seismic isolation has been considered and utilized in various industries as a way to prevent huge damage on to structures by large earthquakes in various industries. The laminated Laminated rubber bearings is are most frequently used in seismic isolation systems. The structural Structural safety could not be assured unless the performance of the rubber bearing is not guaranteed for the life time of the structure under the consideration that the bearing is a critical structural member to sustain vertical loads in the seismically isolated structure. However, there are few studies on the deterioration problems of rubber bearings during their service life. The long term performance of the rubber bearings was not considered in past designs of seismically isolated structures. This study evaluates the long term performance and creep characteristics of laminated natural rubber bearings that are used in seismically isolated buildings. For the this study, a set of accelerated thermal aging tests and creep tests are were performed on real specimens. The experimental results show that the natural rubber bearings would have a stable change rate of change for durability under severe environmental conditions for a long time.
Laminated natural rubber bearing;seismic isolation system;accelerated aging;long term performance;creep
Supported by : 한국에너지기술 평가원
- Blandford E, Keldrauk E, Laufer M, Mieler M, Wei J. Advanced seismic base isolation methods for modular reactors. UCBTH‐09‐004. Report. Department of Civil Engineering and Nuclear Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA. c2009.
- Whittaker AS, Huang Y‐N, Mayes RL, Kennedy RP. Seismic isolation of safety‐related nuclear structures. Structures Congress; 2011 April 14‐16; Las Vegas, Nevada. 2011;876-885p.
- Malushte SR, Whittaker AS. Survey of past base isolation applications in nuclear power plants and challenges to industry/ regulatory acceptance. In: 18th International Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology (SMiRT 18); 2005 August 7‐12; Beijing, China, Paper K10/7. c2005.
- Malik AK. Replacement of twenty‐year old elastomeric bearings. In: 3rd World Congress on Joint Sealing and Bearing Systems for Concrete Structures; Toronto, Ontario, Canada; c1991. 1109‐1120p.
- Shimoda I, Masayoshi I, Mochimaru M, Miyazaki M, Sakuraba S, Masuda K, Wake T. Survey of aging for LRB of a base‐isolated building completed 15 years ago. In: ASME/JSME 2004 Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference (PVP2004); 2004 July 25-29, San Diego, California, USA. c2004.
- Hamaguchi H, Samejima Y, Kani N. A study of aging effect on a rubber bearing after about twenty years in use. In: 11th World Conference on Seismic Isolation. Energy Dissipation and Active Vibration Control of Structures; 2009 November 17‐21, Guangzhou, China; c2009.
- The Society of Rubber Science and Technology. Laminated Rubber Bearings for Seismic Isolation. c2000.
- Architectural Institute of Japan. Recommendation for the Design of Base Isolated Buildings. c2001.
- Oiles Co., Ltd.. Seismic isolation Technical data.
- Bridgeston Co., Ltd.. Seismic isolation Technical data.
- Koren Standard. KSM 6782, Tnesion Test for Vulcanized Rubber, c2009.
- Koren Standard. KSM 6788, Accelerated aging test methods for vulcanized rubber. c2004.
- Japanese Industrial Standards Committee. JIS K 6257 Rubber, Vulcanized or thermoplastic‐Detemination of heat ageing properties.
- Hwang KT, Rim JM, Kim DW. Demand Capacities of Rubber Bearing for Seismic Isolated Building, EESK Proceeding, 487‐494;c2006.
- Oh J, Park JY, Park KN, Kim SD, Park SK. An Experimental Study of the Long‐term Creep Characteristic of High Damping Rubber Bearings, EESK Journal 2009;13(1):53-60.
- Hiroki H, Yusuke S, Nagahide K. A Study of Aging Effect of Rubber Bearings After About Twenty Years in Use. 11th World conference on Seismic Isolation, Energy Dissipation and Active Vibration Control of Structures. Guangzhou, China. c2009.
- ISO 22762‐1. Elastomeric Seismic Protection Isolators Part1 : Test methods. c2005.
- ISO 22762‐1. Elastomeric Seismic Protection Isolators Part3 : Applications for building‐Specifications, c2005.
- Clark PW, Kelly JM, Aiken ID. Aging studies of high‐damping rubber and lead‐rubber seismic isolators. In: 4th U.S.‐Japan Workshop on earthquake protective systems for bridges, 1996;3480:75-89.
- Seismic Responses of Seismically-Isolated Nuclear Power Plants considering Aging of High Damping Rubber Bearing in Different Temperature Environments vol.27, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2014.27.5.385