- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Seismic Performance Evaluation of Existing Low-rise RC Frames with Non-seismic Detail
비내진상세를 가지는 기존 저층 철근콘크리트 골조의 내진거동평가
- Kim, Kyung Min (NDMI) ;
- Lee, Sang Ho (Department of Architectural Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Oh, Sang Hoon (Department of Architectural Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2012.12.18
- Accepted : 2013.02.20
- Published : 2013.05.02
In this paper, the a static experiment of on two reinforced concrete (RC) frame sub-assemblages was conducted to evaluate the seismic behaviors of existing RC frames that were not designed to support a seismic load. The specimens were a one span and actual-sized. One of them had two columns with the same stiffness, but the other had two columns with different stiffness values. As Regarding the test results, lots of many cracks occurred on the surfaces of the columns and beam-column joints for the two specimens, but the cover concrete splitting hardly occurred was minimal until the test ends. In the case of the specimen with the same stiffness offor the two columns, the flexural collapse of the left-side column occurred. However, in the case of the specimen with different stiffness values for of the two columns, the beam-column joint finally collapsed, even though the shear strength of the joint was designed to be strong enough to support the lateral collapse load. The nonlinear Nonlinear static analysis of the two specimens was also conducted using the uniaxial spring model, and the analytical results successfully simulated the nonlinear behaviour of the specimens in accordance with the test results.
Reinforced concrete;Non-seismic details;Seismic behaviour;Beam-column joint
Supported by : 부산대학교
- NEMA. A Master Plan to Retrofit Existing Public Facilities (2011-2015). c2011.
- AIK. Korean Building Code and Commentary. c2009.
- Gong MP. Study on Seismic Capacity of Exterior Beam-Column Joints, Master Thesis, Pusan Nat'l University, 1999.
- Galvi GM, Magenes G, Pampanin S. Experimental Test on a Three Storey R.C. Frame Designed for Gravity Only. 12th European Conference on Earthquake Eng. c2002. p.727.
- Pampanin S. Galvi GM, Moratti M. Seismic Behaviour of R.C. Beam-Column Joints Designed for Gravity Only. 12th European Conference on Earthquake Eng. 2002. p.726.
- Kusakari T, Zyo O. Evaluation of Shear Strength of R.C Beam- Column Joints Based on Experimental data. Prod. of JCI, 1996; 18(2):935-940.
- Priestley, MJN. Displacement-based Seismic Assessment of Existing Reinforced Concrete Buildings. Bulletin of the New Zealand National Society for Earthquake Eng. 1996;29(4):256-272.
- Hakuto S, Park R, Tanaka H. Seismic Load Tests on Interior and Exterior Beam-Column Joints with Substandard Reinforcing Details. ACI Structural Journal. 2000;91(1):11-25.
- AIJ. Design Guidelines for Earthquake Resistant Reinforced Concrete Buildings Based on Inelastic Displacement Concept, c1999.
- Kusuhara F, Shiohara H. Effect of Design Parameter on Ultimate Strength of Reinforced Concrete Beam-Column Joint. JAEE 13JEES. 2010; 1398-1405.
- Li K. CANNY Users' Manual, c2009.
- Kim KM, Oh SH, Lee SH, Lee HS. Nonlinear Static Analysis of Shear Wall Sub-assemblages Based on Uniaxial Spring Model. EESK J. Earthquake Eng. 2012 April;16(2):15-24. https://doi.org/10.1080/13632469.2011.586085
- Pusan Nat'l University Seismic Simulation Test Center. Development of Technologies for Improvement of Seismic Performance on the Existing Low-rise Buildings. c2011.
- Lee SH, Oh SH, Baek EL. The Proposal of Steel Damper System to Improve the Seismic Performance of Reinforced Concrete Frame. AIK J. of AIK 2011 September; 27(9):21-28.
- NEMA. Earthquake Recovery Plans Act. c2011.