- Volume 27 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Optimization of Stress and Deformation of Culvert Gate by using RSM and NSGA-II
반응표면법 및 비지배 분류 유전자 알고리즘을 이용한 취배수문의 응력 및 변형 최적화
Kim, Dong Soo;Lee, Jongsoo;Choi, Ha-Young
- Received : 2012.10.31
- Accepted : 2013.04.19
- Published : 2013.04.30
A valve is a marine structure that is subjected to multiple seawater loads. Therefore, it is necessary to define the kind of loads applied to it to confirm whether the structure has sufficient strength. In this research, we aimed to find the optimal solution for the stress and deformation of valves under various loads. We first selected design variables and implement a finite element analysis according to changes in the thickness of each component of a valve based on a central composite design. Next we developed a regression model of the response surface. Using this model, we calculated the optimal objective value based on NSGA-II. Finally, to confirm the correspondence between the optimal objective value and the real FEM value, we compared the optimal result and structural analysis result to verify the performance of NSGA-II.
Response surface method;Design of experiments;Central composite design;Non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm II;Culvert gate
- Weaver, D.S., Martin, W.W., 1980, Hydraulic model study for the design of the Wreck Cove control gates, Proc. of the Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 7(2), 304-314. https://doi.org/10.1139/l80-038
- Westergaard, H.M., 1933. Water Pressure on Dam During Earthquake. Transactions of ASCE, 98(2), 418-433.
- Attaway, S., 2009. Matlab : A Practical Introduction to Programing and Problem. Elsevier Science & Technology Books.
- Deb, K., Pratap, A., Agarwal, S., Meyarivan, T., 2002. A Fast and Elitist Multiobjective Genetic Algorithm: NSGA-II. IEEE Transaction On Evolutionary Computation, 6(2), 182-197. https://doi.org/10.1109/4235.996017
- Horn, J., Nafploitis, N., Goldberg, D., 1994. A Niched Pareto Genetic Algorithm for Multiobjective Optimization. Proceeding of the First IEEE Conference on Evolutionary Computation, 82-87.
- Hur, D.S., Kim, C.H., Yeom, G.S., Kim, D.S., 2005. Nonlinear Dynamic Responses among Wave, Submerged Breakwater and Seabed. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 19(6), 35-43.
- Inman, D.J., 2007. Finite Element Analysis Theory and Application with ANSYS : Thoery and Application with ANSYS. 3th ed., Pearson Higher Education.
- Korea Water Resources Corporation., 2003. Design Standard of Steel Facilities.
- Na, S.Y., Song, J.H., Huh, H., Kim, H.S., 2005. Design Optimization of Auto-body Member for Crashworthiness Enhancement with the Response Surface Method. Transactions of KSAE, 13(4), 81-89.
- Naudascher, E., Rao, P.V., Richter, A., Vargas, P.,Wonik, P., 1986. Prediction and Control of Downpull on Tunnel Gates. Proc. of the ASCE Journal of Hydr. Engineering, 112(5), 392-416. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1986)112:5(392)
- Park, J.S., Lee, D.J., Im, B., 2005. The Study for Construction of the Improved Optimization Algorithm. Proc. of KSAF, 13(3), 22-33.