- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Similarity Plot for Comparing Clustering Methods
군집분석 방법들을 비교하기 위한 상사그림
- Jang, Dae-Heung (Department of Statistics, Pukyong National University)
- 장대흥 (부경대학교 통계학과)
- Received : 2012.11.20
- Accepted : 2013.04.11
- Published : 2013.04.30
There are a wide variety of clustering algorithms; subsequently, we need a measure of similarity between two clustering methods. Such a measure can compare how well different clustering algorithms perform on a set of data. More numbers of compared clustering algorithms allow for more number of valuers for a measure of similarity between two clustering methods. Thus, we need a simple tool that presents the many values of a measure of similarity to compare many clustering methods. We suggest some graphical tools to compareg many clustering methods.
- Banerjee, A., Dhillon, I. S., Ghosh, J. and Sra, S. (2005). Clustering on the unit hypersphere using von Mises-Fisher distributions, Journal of Machine Learning Research, 6, 1345-1382.
- Brouwer, R. K. (2009). Extending the rand, adjusted rand and jaccard indices to fuzzy partitions, Journal of Intelligence and Information System, 32, 213-235. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10844-008-0054-7
- Campello, R. J. G. B. (2007). A fuzzy extension of the Rand index and other related indexes for clustering and classification assessment, Pattern Recognition Letters, 28, 833-841. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2006.11.010
- Ceccarelli, M. and Maratea, A. (2008). A fuzzy extension of some classical concordance measures and an efficient algorithm for their computation, KES 2008, Part III, LNAI 5179, 755-763.
- Fowlkes, E. and Mallows, C. (1983). A Method for comparing two hierarchical clusterings, Journal of American Statistical Association, 78, 553-569. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1983.10478008
- Harrison, D. and Rubinfeld, D. (1978). Hedonic prices and the demand for clean air, Journal of Environmental Economics & Management, 5, 81-102. https://doi.org/10.1016/0095-0696(78)90006-2
- Hubert, L. and Arabie, P. (1985). Comparing partitions, Journal of Classification, 2, 193-218. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01908075
- Meila, M. (2007). Comparing clustering-An information based distance, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 98, 873-895. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmva.2006.11.013
- Monti, S., Tamayo, P., Mesirov, J. and Golub, T. (2003). Consensus clustering: A resampling-based method for class discovery and visualization of gene expression microarray data, Machine Learning, 52, 91-118. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1023949509487
- Song, M. S. and Cho, S. S. (2004). Statistical Data Analysis Using SAS, 2nd ed., Free-Academy, Seoul.
- Strehl, A. and Ghosh, J. (2002). Cluster ensembles - a knowledge reuse framework for combining multiple partitions, Journal of Machine Learning Research, 3, 583-617.
- Rand, W. (1971). Objective criteria for the evaluation of clustering methods, Journal of American Statistical Association, 66, 846-850. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1971.10482356
- Unnikrishnan, R., Pantofaru, C. and Hebert, M. (2007). Toward objective evaluation of image segmentation Algorithms, IEEE Transactions On Pattern Analysis And Machine Intelligence, 29, 929-944. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2007.1046
- Vinh, N. and Epps, J. (2009). A novel approach for automatic number of clusters detection in microarray data based on consensus clustering, 9th IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Bioengineering, 84-91.
- Warrens, M. J. (2008). On the equivalence of Cohen's Kappa and the Hubert-Arabie adjusted Rand index, Journal of Classification, 25, 177-183. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00357-008-9023-7
- Yu, Z., Wong, H.-S. and Wang, H. (2007). Graph-based consensus clustering for class discovery from gene expression data, Bioinformatics, 23, 2888-2896. https://doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btm463
- Water Quality Improvement Plan for Small Streams in the Northernmost Basin of Bukhan River based on Pollution Grade and Typological Analysis Linkage vol.32, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15681/KSWE.2016.32.3.281