- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Water Droplets on the Nano Particle Size Distribution using the SMPS System
SMPS 시스템에서 용매(물)가 나노입도측정결과에 미치는 영향
- Hwangbo, Seon-Ae (Center for New Functional Materials Metrology, KRISS) ;
- Chu, Min-Cheol (Center for New Functional Materials Metrology, KRISS)
- Received : 2013.03.12
- Accepted : 2013.04.15
- Published : 2013.04.28
In this paper we have studied the effect of water droplet size on nano-particle size distribution using SMPS(Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer)system. It can be seen that the unknown peak at >100 nm was caused by water droplets which did not dry completely when DI water was used as a solvent in the SMPS system. Therefore, it is important to dry water droplets generated from atomizer in the SMPS system when measuring the particle size distribution using less than 100 nm nano-particles in diameter. From this study, It can be concluded that the napion was a useful material as dryer ones and using EAG(Electro Aerosol Generator) as a particle generator was the most effective in reducing the effect of water droplets.
Supported by : NRF
- M. S. Kim, K. H. Choi, Y. H. Kim and J. H. Yi: Clean Technology, 38 (2007) 159 (Korean).
- B.-K. Choi, K.-H. Kim, D.-S. So and I.-J. Yu: Prospectives of Industrial Chemistry, 10 (2007) 48.
- Y. Kim and J. Yi: News & Information for Chemical Engineers, 23 (2005) 338.
- A. D. Maynard: Ann. Occup. Hyg., 51 (2007) 1.
- A. D. Maynard: A research strategy for addressing risk, PEN 03. Project on Emerging Nanotechnologies (2006).
- Maynard, A. D., Aitken, R. J., Butz, T., Colvin, V., Donaldson, K., Oberdrster, G., Philbert, M. A., Ryan, J., Seaton, A., Stone, V., Tinkle, S. S., Tran, L., Walker, N. J., and Warheit, D. B.: Nature, 444 (2006) 267. https://doi.org/10.1038/444267a
- Maynard, A. D. and Kuempel, E. D.: J. Nanopart. Res., 7 (2005) 587. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11051-005-6770-9
- Kwangsik Park: J. Environ Toxicol, 20 (2005) 259 (Korean).
- Keum-Shil Cho, Jin-Sup Shin, and Jung-Hyun Kim: Polumer Science and technology, 15 (2004) 198 (Korean).