- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Survival Analysis of Breast Cancer Patients in Northwest Iran
- Ziaei, Jamal Eivazi (Breast Cancer Group, Hematology and Oncology Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Sanaat, Zohreh (Breast Cancer Group, Hematology and Oncology Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Asvadi, Iraj (Breast Cancer Group, Hematology and Oncology Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Dastgiri, Saeed (Breast Cancer Group, Hematology and Oncology Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Pourzand, Ali (Breast Cancer Group, Hematology and Oncology Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Vaez, Jalil (Breast Cancer Group, Hematology and Oncology Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences)
- Published : 2013.01.31
Background: Breast cancer is the most frequently occurring cancer among Iranian women; however limited studies have been conducted to address survival rates. Objective: The objective was to examine survival rates in Tabriz (Northwest of Iran) and comparing with those of data reported from other cities and countries. Methods: Survival rates were calculated for one, three, five, seven and ten years for 271 breast cancer patients referred to one university clinic during 1997-2008. Results: Survival analysis demonstrated a lower survival rate compared to western countries. Conclusions: Survival rates for our patients are similar/better than other cities in Iran, but lower than certain European countries and the US. Further studies with a higher number of patients are now required.
- Kheradmand A, Ranjbarnovin N, Khazaeipour Z (2010). Postmastectomy locoregional recurrence and recurrence-free survival in breast cancer patients. World J Surg Oncol, 8, 30. https://doi.org/10.1186/1477-7819-8-30
- Mansell J, Monypenny IJ, Skene AI, et al (2009). Patterns and predictors of early recurrence in postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor-positive early breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 117, 91-8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-008-0291-z
- Mousavi M, Mohaghegghi MA, Mousavi- Jerrahi A (2006). Burden of breast cancer in Iran: A study of the Tehran population based cancer registry. Asia Pac J Cancer Prev, 7, 571-4.
- Rastad H, Khanjani N, Khandani BK (2012). Causes of delay in seeking treatment in patients with breast cancer in Iran: a qualitative content analysis study. Asia Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 4511-5. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.9.4511
- Rezaianzadeh A, Peacock J, Reidpath D, et al (2009). Survival analysis of 1148 women diagnosed with breast cancer in Southern Iran. BMC Cancer, 5, 168.
- Sadjadi A, Hislop T, Bajdik C, et al (2009). Comparison of breast cancer survival in two population: Ardabil, Iran and British Columbia, Canada. BMC Cancer, 9, 381. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-9-381
- Ugnat AM, Xie L, Morriss J, Semenciw R, Mao Y (2004). Survival of women with breast cancer in Ottawa, Canada: variation with age, stage, histology, grade and treatment. Br J Cancer, 22,1138-43.
- Vahdaninia M, Montazeri A(2004). Breast cancer in Iran: a survival analysis. Asia Pac J Cancer Prev, 5, 223-5.
- Vostakolaei FA, Broeders MJ, Rostami N (2012). Age at diagnosis and breast cancer survival in iran. Int J Breast Cancer, 10, 517976.
- Burstein HG, Harris JR, Morrow M (2011). Malignant tumors of the breast. In Cancer , Principle and practice of oncology', Vincent T. Devita, Jr. Theodore S. Lawrence, Steven A, Rosenberg, Wolters Kluwer company. USA P: 1428.
- Curado MP (2011). Breast cancer in the world: incidence and mortality. Salud publica Mex, 53, 372-84.
- Eivazi ZJ, Pourzand A, Baiat A, et al (2012). Pattern of metastasis and survival of breast cancer patients, a preliminary report from northwest Iran. Asia Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 937-40. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.3.937
- Faradmal J, Talebi A, Rezaianzadeh A, et al (2012). Survival analysis of breast cancer patients using cox and frailty models. J Res Health Sci, 13, 127-30.
- Fouladi N, Amani F, Harghi A, Nayebyazdi N (2011). Five year survival of women with breast cancers in Ardabil, northwest of Iran. Asia Pac J Cancer Pre, 12, 1869-71.
- Harirchi I, Kolahdoozan S, Karbakhsh M, et al (2001). Twenty years of breast cancer in Iran: downstaging without a formal screening program, Ann Oncol, 22, 93-7.
- Hemminki K, Mousavi SM, Sundquist J, Brandt A (2011). Does the breast cancer age at diagnosis differ by ethnicity? A study on immigrants to Sweden. Oncologist, 16, 146-54. https://doi.org/10.1634/theoncologist.2010-0104
- Hislop TG, Bajdik CD, Regier MD, Barroetavena MC (2007). Ethnic differences in survival for female cancers of the breast, cervix and colorectum in British Columbia, Canada. Asia Pac J Cancer Prev, 8, 1-6.
- Survival Time and Molecular Subtypes of Breast Cancer after Radiotherapy in Thailand vol.15, pp.23, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.23.10505
- Fitting Cure Rate Model to Breast Cancer Data of Cancer Research Center vol.16, pp.17, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.17.7923
- Plasma Circulating Cell-free Nuclear and Mitochondrial DNA as Potential Biomarkers in the Peripheral Blood of Breast Cancer Patients vol.16, pp.18, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.18.8299
- Survival Analysis of Patients with Breast Cancer using Weibull Parametric Model vol.16, pp.18, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.18.8567
- Survival Rates for Breast Cancer in Iranian Patients: a Meta-Analysis vol.17, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2016.17.4.2223
- Expression of Breast Cancer Subtypes Based on the Most Important Biomarkers: Comparison of Clinicopathological Factors and Survival vol.20, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5812/ircmj.57931