- Volume 4 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Rate Dependent Plasticity Model under Cyclic Loading of Metals
주기하중을 받고 있는 금속의 시간의존적 소성 모델 비교
- Kim, Dongkeon (Central Research Institute, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., LTD.) ;
- Dargush, Gary F. (Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York)
- 김동건 (한국수력원자력 중앙연구원) ;
- Received : 2013.02.04
- Accepted : 2013.03.08
- Published : 2013.03.31
In real world applications, the response of structures may be dependent on the rate of loading and thus can be affected by transient loading, especially when the rate of loading is significant. In such situations, the rate of loading may become a major issue to understand structures during earthquake excitation or under blast or high velocity impact. In some cases, the rate effect on structures under strong earthquake excitation cannot be ignored when attempting to understand inelastic behavior of structures. Many researchers developed the constitutive theories in cyclic plasticity and viscoplasticity. In this study, numerical simulation by cyclic visocoplasticity models is introduced and analyzed. Finally, the analytical results are compared with experimental results as a means to evaluate and verify the model.
- Abdel-Karim, M. and N. Ohno. (2000). "Kinematic Hardening Model Suitable for Ratchetting with Steady-State." Int. J. Plast., Vol. 16, pp. 225-240. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-6419(99)00052-2
- Bodner, S. R. and Partom, Y. (1972). "A Large Deformation Elastic-viscoplastic Analysis of a Thick-walled Spherical Shell." ASME, J. Appl. Mech., Vol. 39, pp. 751-757. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3422784
- Chaboche, J. L. (1977). "Viscoplastic Constitutive Equations for the Description of Cyclic and Anisotropic Behavior of Metals." Bull. Acad. Polon. Sci. Ser. Sci. Tech., Vol. 25. pp. 33-42.
- Chaboche. J. L., Rousselier. (1983). "On the Plastic and Viscoplastic Constitutive Equations-Part I: Rule Developed with Internal Variable Concept." Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, Vol. 105, No. 2, pp. 153-158. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3264257
- Chaboche. J. L. (1989). "Constitutive Equations for Cyclic Plasticity and Cyclic Viscoplasticity." IInt. J. Plast., Vol. 5, pp. 247-302. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-6419(89)90015-6
- Chang, K. C. and Lee, G. C. (1987). "Strain Rate Effect on Structural Steel Under Cyclic Loading." J. Engrg. Mech, ASCE, Vol. 113, No. 9, pp. 1292-1301. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1987)113:9(1292)
- Dunne, F. and Petrinic, N. (2005). Introduction to Computational Plasticity, Oxford, University Press.
- Ellyin, F. and Xia, Z. (1991). "A Rate-Dependent Inelastic Constitutive Model, Part I: Elastic-Plastic Flow." J. Engng. Mater. Technol. Trans., ASME, Vol. 113, pp. 314-323. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2903412
- Hart, E. W. (1976). "Constitutive Relations for the Nonelastic Deformation of Metals." ASME, J. Eng. Mat. Tech, Vol. 98, pp. 193-201. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3443368
- Hibbit, Karlsson and Sorensen, Inc., (2008). Abaqus user's guide, v. 6.8. HKS Inc. Pawtucket, RI, USA.
- Kang, G. Z. and Gao, Q. (2004). "Temperature-dependent cyclic deformation of SS304 stainless steel under non-proportionally multi axial load and its constitutive modeling." Key Eng. Mater. Vol. 275-276, pp. 247-252.
- Kang, G. Z., Kan, Q. H., and Zhang, J. (2006). "Time - dependent ratcheting experiments of SS304 stainless steel." Int. J. Plast., Vol. 22, pp. 858-894. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijplas.2005.05.006
- Krempl, E. (1979). "An Experimental Study of Room Temperature Rate Sensitivity, Creep and Relaxation of AISI Type 304 Stainless Steel." J. Mech. Phys. Solids., Vol. 27. pp. 363. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(79)90020-6
- Lemaitre, J. (2001). Handbook of Materials Behavior Models. Academic Press.
- McDowell, D. L. (1992). "A Nonliear Kinematic Hardening Theory for Cyclic Thermoplasticity and Thermoviscoplasticity." Int. J. Plast., Vol. 8, pp. 695-728. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-6419(92)90024-7
- Miller, A. (1976). "An Inelastic Consitutive Model for Monotonic, Cyclic, and Creep Deformation." ASME, J. Eng. Mat. Tech, Vol. 98, pp. 97-113. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3443367
- Ohno, N. and Wang, J. D. (1993). "Kinematic Hardening Rules with Critical State for Activation of Dynamic Recovery, Part I, Formulation and Basic Features for Ratchetting Behavior." Int. J. Plast., Vol. 9, pp. 375-390. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-6419(93)90042-O
- Ramaswamy, V. G., Stouffer, D. C., and Laflen, J. H. (1990). "A Unified Constitutive Model for the Inelastic Uniaxial Response of Rene 80 at Temperatures Between 538C and 982C." J. Eng. Mat. Tech, 112.
- Robinson, D. N., Pugh, C. E., and Corum, J. M. (1976) "Constitutive Equations for Describing High - temperature Inelastic Behavior of Structural Alloys, in Specialists Meeting on High - temperature Structural Design Technology of LMFBRs, IAEA report IWGFR/11." International Atomic Energy Agency, pp. 44-57.
- Tanaka, E. and Yamada, H. (1993). "Cyclic creep, mechanical ratchetting and amplitude history dependence of modified 9Cr-1Mo steel and evaluation of unified constitutive models." Trans. JSME(A), Vol. 59, pp. 2837-2843. https://doi.org/10.1299/kikaia.59.2837
- Tanaka, E. (1994). "A non-proportionality Parameter and a Viscoplastic Constitutive Model Taking into Amplitude Dependences and Memory Effects of Isotropic Hardening." Eur. J. Mech. A/Solids, 13.
- Yaguchi, M. and Takahashi, Y. (2000). "A viscoplastic constitutive model incorporating dynamic strain aging effect during cyclic deformation conditions." Int. J. Plast., Vol. 16, pp. 241-262. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-6419(99)00053-4
- Yaguchi, M. and Takahashi, Y. (2005). "Ratchetting of viscoplastic material with cyclic softening. Part 2. Application of constitutive models." Int. J. Plast., Vol. 21, pp. 835-860. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijplas.2004.05.012