- Volume 4 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Natural Frequency and Mode Characteristics of Composite Pole Structures for Different Layup Sequences
복합소재 기둥 구조의 적층배열 변화에 따른 고유진동 및 모드 특성
- Kim, Gyu-Dong (Department of Civil Engineering, Andong National University) ;
- Rus, Guillermo (Department of Structural Mechanics, University of Granada) ;
- Lee, Sang-Youl (Department of Civil Engineering, Andong National University)
- Received : 2013.01.04
- Accepted : 2013.02.14
- Published : 2013.03.31
The dynamic analysis of poles made of advanced composite materials is carried out for different length-thickness ratios and layup sequences. The numerical results using ABAQUS obtained for plates and shells are in good agreement with those reported by other investigators. The new results for laminated composite pole structures in this study mainly show the effect of the interactions between the radius-length ratio and other various parameters. The effect of fiber angles of long composite poles also investigated. Key observation points are discussed and a brief design guideline is given.
Grant : 10MW급 강재 및 3MW급 복합 합성구조 풍력발전타워 설계기술 개발
Supported by : 국토해양부
- Han, S. C., Kim, K. D., Kanok-Nukulchai, W. (2004). "An element-based 9-node resultant shell element for large deformation analysis of laminated composite plates and shells." Struct. Eng. Mech., Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 807-829. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2004.18.6.807
- Kraus, H. (1967). Thin elastic shells, Willy, New York.
- Reddy, J. N. (2004). Mechanics of Laminated Composite Plates and Shells: Theory and Analysis, CRC Press, New York.
- Sanders, J. L. Jr. (1959). An improved first approximation theory of thin shells, NASA TR-R24.
- Dimos, J. P., Ioannis, G. R., and Nibong, U. (2009). "Static and dynamic characteristics of multi-cell jointed GFRP wind turbine towers." Comp. Struct., Vol. 90, pp. 34-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2009.01.005
- Sanders, J. L. Jr. (1963). "Nonlinear theories for thin shells Q." App. Math., Vol. 21, pp. 21-36.
- Zukas, J. A. and Vinson, J. R. (1971). "Laminated transversely isotropic cylindrical shells." J. App. Mech., Vol. 38, pp. 400-407. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3408789