- Volume 38C Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Voice Analysis by Withdrawal Symptoms Identification of Smartphone Addiction : 20 Male College Students
스마트폰 중독의 금단 현상에 따른 음성 분석 연구 : 20대 남성 대학생을 대상으로
- Received : 2012.12.12
- Accepted : 2013.02.08
- Published : 2013.03.29
In this paper, voice analysis is performed to propose a quantitative indication of withdrawal symptoms of smartphone addiction, applied to 20 males in their 20s. For this, their smartphones were confiscated during a certain period, and we collected samples of voice signals from them before and after that period. The pitch variation and intensity magnitude of the voice samples were used in the experiment to investigate their anxiety resulted from withdrawal symptoms. The experimental results showed an increase in pitch variation from 90% of samples, and a decrease in intensity magnitude from 95% of them. Finally, we carried out a study to find a statistical significance from the extracted experimental results through statistical analysis.
Smart Phone;Addiction;Pitch;Intensity;Withdrawal Symptoms
- Y. M. Park, "A Study on Adults' Smart Phone Addiction and Mental Health," Sangji Univ. A Master's Degree Paper, 2011.
- J. Y. Lee, "Relationship of Cell Phone Addiction and Psychological Characteristics of Adolescents and Academic Achievement," Kyungnam Univ. A Master's Degree Paper, 2006.
- BIR RESEARCH GROUP, Smart Contents Industry Trends and Prospects, BIR, 2011.
- H. Y. Kang et al, "Development and Validation of the Smartphone Addiction Inventory," Journal of Korean Psychological Association, vol. 31, no. 2, 2012.
- H. J. Song, "A Study on SNS addiction using smart phones," Journal of Korean Association of Addiction Crime, vol. 1, no. 2, 2011.
- W. S. Lee et al, "Mother Recognized with Smartphone Use of Infant's," Journal of Korea Institute of Chile Care and Education, vol. 06, no. 1, 2012.
- FRITZ RIEMANN, Psychology of Anxiety, Moonye Publishing Co., 2007.
- cooper. M, Winning with Your Voice. Hollywood, FL:Fell Publichers. INC, 1989.
- O. R. Jung, "Voice Overall Evaluation", Journal of Korean Society of Laryngology Phoniatrics and Logopedics, 1994.
- M. K. Ka, "A Study on Speech Signals Analysis for Sasang Constitution Classification of 40-50 Years of Adults," Hanbat National Univ. A Master's Degree Paper, 2009
- Boone, D. M. & McFarlane, S. C, The Voice and Voice Therapy(4th ed.), Englewood Cliffs, NJ:Prentice Hall
- B. G. Yang, Theory and Reality of Voice Analysis Using Praat, ManSu Publishing Co., 2003.
- D. H. Ko, Speech and Language Analysis Instruments Use Method, Hankook Munhwasa, 2001.
- Nam Hae Seong, Statistical Analysis of Mean or Average, School of Preventive Medicine Chungnam National Univ. College of Medicine, 2007.