- Volume 13 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Band-Notched Ultra-Wideband Antenna with Asymmetric Coupled-Line for WLAN and X-Band Military Satellite
- Lee, Jun-Hyuk (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Kyonggi University) ;
- Sung, Young-Je (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Kyonggi University)
- Received : 2012.12.27
- Accepted : 2013.02.14
- Published : 2013.03.31
This paper presents a novel ultra-wideband (UWB) antenna that rejects narrow and broad bands and is suitable for wireless communications. The base of the proposed antenna has a circular patch that can cover the UWB frequency range (3.1~10.6 GHz). The interference issues caused by co-existence within the UWB operation frequency are overcome by a design that uses a parallel-coupled asymmetric dual-line with a circular monopole antenna. The proposed antenna showed a stable radiation pattern, realized gain and reflection coefficient lower than -10 dB across the UWB operation bandwidth except for 5.15~5.85 GHz and 7.25~8.4 GHz. The fabrication, simulation, and measurement results obtained for the proposed antenna were in good agreement with the expected values.
Parallel Coupled Line;Notch-Bands;Patch Antenna;Ultra-Wideband (UWB)
Supported by : Kyonggi University
- Fed. Commun. Comm, "First report and order, revision of part 15 of the commission's rule regarding ultra-wide band transmission systems," FCC 02-48, Apr. 2002.
- I. Oppermann, M. Hamalainen, and J. Iinatti, UWB Theory and Applications, New York: Wiley, ch. 1, pp. 3-4, 2004.
- Lin Peng, Cheng-Li Ruan, "UWB band-notched monopole antenna design using electromagnet- bandgap structures," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Techniques, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1074-1081, Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2011.2114090
- Sung-Jung Wu, Cheng-Hung Kang, Keng-Hsien Chen, and Jenn-Hwan Tarng, "Study of an ultra wideband monopole antenna with a band-notched open looped resonator," IEEE Trans. Antennas. Propag., vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1890-1897, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2010.2046839
- J. Liu, S. Gong, Y. Xu, X. Zhang, C. Feng and N. Qi, "Compact printed ultra-wideband monopole antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Electron. Lett., vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 710-711, Jun. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20080931
- Chao Yu, Wei Hong, Leung Chiu, Guohua Zhai, Chen Yu, Wei Qin, and Zhenqi Kuai, "Ultrawideband printed log-periodic dipole antenna with multiple notched bands," IEEE Trans, Antennas, Propag., vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 725-732, Mar. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2010.2103010
- Hussein Shaman, Jia-Sheng Hong, "Asymmetric parallel- coupled lines for notch implementation in UWB filters," IEEE Microw. and Wirel. Compon. Lett., vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 516-518, Jul. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2007.899314
- K. Song, Q. Xue, "Asymmetric dual-line coupling structure for multiple-notch implementation in UWB bandpass filters," Electron. Lett., vol. 46, no. 20, pp. 1388-1390, Sep. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2010.1505
- R. Azim, M. T. Islam, and N. Misran, "Ground modified double-sided printed compact UWB antenna," Electron. Lett., vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 9-11, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2010.3160
- Sheng Sun, Lei Zhu, "Capacitive-ended interdigital coupled lines for UWB bandpass filters with improved out-of-band performances," IEEE Microw. and Wirel. Compon. Lett., vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 440-442, Aug. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2006.879492
- K. Song, Y. Fan, "Compact ultra-wideband bandpass filter using dual-line coupling structure," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 30- 32, Jan. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2008.2008565