- Volume 13 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design of a Miniaturized High-Isolation Diversity Antenna for Wearable WBAN Applications
- Kim, Seongjin (Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kwon, Kyeol (Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Choi, Jaehoon (Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2012.12.11
- Accepted : 2013.02.27
- Published : 2013.03.31
This paper proposes a miniaturized high-isolation diversity antenna for wearable wireless body area network (WBAN) applications. An inverted-F type radiating element is used to reduce the overall dimension of the proposed antenna to
WBAN;Planar Inverted-F Antenna (PIFA);Diversity;ECC;MEG;SAR
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- A. A. Serra, P. Nepa, G. Manara, and P. S. Hall, "Diversity for body area networks," URSI General Assembly, 2008.
- L. Akhoondzadeh-Asl, I. Khan, and P. S. Hall, "Polarisation diversity performance for on-body communication applications," IET Microwaves Antennas & Propagation, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 232-236, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-map.2009.0460
- Takahiro Aoyagi, Minseok Kim, Jun-ichi Takada, Kiyoshi Hamaguchi, and Ryuji Kohno, "Numerical simulation for wearable BAN propagation channel during various human movements," IEICE TRAN. on Comm., vol. E94-B, no. 9, pp. 2496-2500, Sep. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1587/transcom.E94.B.2496
- S. Yoo, S. Kahng, and J. Kim, "A compact MIMO antenna using ZOR split ring resonator radiators with a decoupling structure," Microwave Journal, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 26, Nov. 2011.
- Ansys High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS), V14.0, Ansys Corporation.
- D. L. Means, W. Kwok, "Evaluating compliance with FCC guidelines for human exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields, federal communications commission office of engineering & technology," Supplement C (Edition 01-01) to OET Bulletin 65 (edition 97-01), Jun. 2001.
- S. Blanch, J. Romeu, and I. Corbella, "Exact representation of antenna system diversity performance from input parameter description," IEEE Electron Lett., vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 705-707, May 2003. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20030495
- [Online] http://emfsafety.koreasme.com/
- S. Lee, Y. Yu, K. Kwon, K. Ito, and J. Choi, "Design of a flexible diversity zeroth-order resonance antenna for WBAN applications," IEICE Electronics Express, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 758-764, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1587/elex.9.758
- N. Haga, K. Saito, M. Takahashi, and K. Ito, "Characteristics of cavity slot antenna for body-area networks," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transaction on, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 837-843, Apr. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2009.2014577
- Radiation-Pattern-Reconfigurable Antenna Using Monopole-Loop for Fitbit Flex Wristband vol.14, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2014.2361895
- Wearable Fabric Reconfigurable Beam-Steering Antenna for On/Off-Body Communication System vol.2015, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/539843
- Radiation Characteristics of Woven Patch Antennas Composed of Conductive Threads vol.63, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2015.2414483
- Low-Profile Repeater Antenna with Parasitic Elements for On-On-Off WBAN Applications vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/4743207
- New Numerical Target SAR Values and an Optimized Flat Phantom for SAR Validation Tests in the 150MHz Band vol.E98.B, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1587/transcom.E98.B.1323
- Electromagnetic Field Interference on Transmission Lines due to On-Board Antenna vol.2015, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/104506
- Extremely Low-Profile Antenna for Attachable Bio-Sensors vol.63, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2015.2394800
- A Scalp-Implantable Antenna for Wireless Biotelemetry vol.65, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.1.112