- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Near-Field to Far-Field Transformation Using Stratton-Chu Formula
Stratton-Chu 공식을 이용한 측정된 근거리장에서 원거리장으로의 변환에 관한 연구
- Lee, Jeong-Seok (Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Song, Tae-Lim (Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Du, Jin-Kyoung (Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Koo, Tae-Wan (Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Yook, Jong-Gwan (Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University)
- 이정석 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 송태림 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 두진경 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 구태완 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 육종관 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과)
- Received : 2012.11.30
- Accepted : 2013.02.20
- Published : 2013.03.31
This paper deals with the near-field to far-field calculation for far-field characteristics of antenna and electromagnetic compatibility(EMC) testing. Since the conventional EMC testing process is inefficient such as measurements of the wide band signals and mega structures, Stratton-Chu formula is used to predict the far-field emission by simple and direct process. The usefulness of Stratton-Chu formula is verified by comparing to the analytic solution of the uniform distribution aperture in free-space. In order to inspect the far-fields and to get the near-field values, full-wave simulation solver is utilized. Through the full-wave simulation about the patch antenna, calculated far-field results from Stratton-Chu formula are proven. The predicted magnitudes of the far-field are in error by less than 6 %.
Near-Field to Far-Field Transformation;Stratton-Chu Formula
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- Andriy Radchenko, Ji Zhzng, Keong Kam, and David Pommerenke, "Numerical evaluation of nearfield to far-field transformation robustness for EMC", IEEE Int. Symp. Electromagnetic Compatibility, pp 605-611, Aug. 2012.
- Edward B. Joy, "A brief history of the development of the near-field measurement technique at the georgia institute of technology".
- C. I. S. P. R. Publ. 22: Information technology equipment radio disturbance characteristics limits and methods of measurement IEC, Edition 5:2005.
- Tapan Kumar Sarkar, Fellow, IEEE, and Ardalan Taaghol, "Near-field to near/far-field transformation for arbitrary near-field geometry utilizing an equivalent electric current and MoM", IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 566-573, Mar. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.768793
- Peter Petre, Tapan K. Sarkar, and Fellow, IEEE, "Planar near-field to far-field transformation using an equivalent magnetic current approach", IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1348-1356, Nov. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.202712
- A. C. Newell, "Error analysis techniques for planar near-field measurements", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, vol. AI-36, pp. 754-768, Jun. 1988.
- S. Ponnapolli, T. K. Sarkar, and P. Petre, "Nearfield to far-field transformation using an equivalent current approach", in Proc. Int. Conf. Antennas Propagation, London, Ontario, Jun. 1991.
- T. K. Sarkar, P. Petre, A. Taaghol, and R. F. Harrington, "An alternate spherical near-field to farfield transformation", Progress in Electromagnetic Research, Boston, MA: EMW, pp. 268-284, vol. 16, 1997.
- R. F. Harrington, Time-Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., pp. 95-134, 2001.
- J. A. Stratton, L. J. Chu, "Diffraction theory of electromagnetic waves", Physical Review, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 99-107, Jul. 1939. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRev.56.99
- Chen-To Tai, "Kirchhoff theory: scalar, vector, or dyadic?", IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 114-115, Jan. 1972. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1972.1140146
- Shaolin Liao, Ronald J. Vernon, "A new fast algorithm for calculating near-field propagation between arbitrary smooth surfaces", IEEE Conf. on Infrared and Millimeter Waves & 13th Intl., 606-607, Sep. 2005.
- C. A. Balanis, Antenna theory: Analysis and Design, Third Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., pp. 653-738, 2005.