- Volume 33 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Growth Characteristics and Productivity of Single Cross Maize Hybrid for Grain, 'Andaok'
다수성 종실 옥수수 신품종 '안다옥'의 생육특성과 수량성
- Son, Beom Young ;
- Baek, Seong Bum ;
- Kim, Jung Tae ;
- Lee, Jin Seok ;
- Ku, Ja Hwan ;
- Kwon, Young Up ;
- Huh, Chang Suk ;
- Park, Jong Yeol
- Received : 2012.10.04
- Accepted : 2013.02.04
- Published : 2013.03.31
Andaok, a new single cross variety, is a yellow dent maize hybrid (Zea mays L.) developed by the maize breeding team at the National Institute of Crop Science (NICS), RDA in 2011. This hybrid, which has a high yield of grain, was produced by crossing two inbred lines, KS161 and KS162. KS161 is the seed parent and KS162 is the pollen parent of Andaok. Silking date of Andaok is 3 days later than that of the check hybrid, Jangdaok. Plant height of Andaok is longer than that of Jangdaok. Ear numbers per 100 plants of Andaok is more than that of Jangdaok. Ear length of Andaok is shorter than that of Jangdaok. The weight of 100 seeds of Andaok is heavier than that of Jangdaok. It has moderate resistance to southern corn leaf blight (Bipolaris maydis), black streaked dwarf virus (BSDV) and corn borer. It has strong resistance to northern corn leaf blight (Exserohilum turcicum). It has resistance to lodging. Andaok was evaluated for its yield of grain at three locations from 2009 to 2011. The grain yield of Andaok was 7.80 ton/ha. Seed production of Andaok has gone well due to a good match during crossing between the seed parent, KS161, and the pollen parent, KS162, in Yeongwol.
- Kim, S.K., Han, Y.S., Park, K.Y., Park, S.U., Moon, H.G., Choi, H.O. and Brewbaker, J.L. 1978. Disease, insect, and lodging registance super high yielding maize hybrid, "Suweon 19". Rural Development Administration Journal Agriculture Science. 20 (Crop) : 149-156.
- Lee, S.S. and Lee, J.M. 1987. Productivity of silage corn hybrids in rice black-streaked dwarf virus prevalent region. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 7:140-145.
- Lee, S.S., Park, K.Y., Park, S.U. and Lee, S.S. 1988. Population of Laodelphax striatellus, percentage of rice black-streaked dwarf virus (RBSDV) viruliferous vector and RBSDV infection of maize in different locations. Korean Journal of Crop Science. 33:74-80.
- Moon, H.G., Son, B.Y., Cha, S.W., Jung, T.W., Lee, Y.H., Seo, J.H., Min, H.K., Choi, K.J., Huh, C.S. and Kim, S.D. 2001. A new single cross hybrid for silage "Kwangpyeongok". Korean Journal of Breeding Science. 33:350-351.
- Son, B.Y., Moon, H.G., Jung, T.W., Park, N.K., Kim, S.K., Cha, S.W., Rye, Y.H., Sung, B.R., Huh, C.S. and Ryu, S.H. 2004. A new single cross maize hybrid cultivar, "Jangdaok" for grain and silage. Korean Journal of Breeding Science. 36:185-186.
- Son, B.Y., Moon, H.G., Jung, T.W., Kim, S.J., Sung, B.R., Huh, C.S. and Ryu, S.H. 2006. A new corn hybrid cultivar, "Gangdaok" for silage. Korean Journal of Breeding Science. 38:149-150.
- Son, B.Y., Moon, H.G., Jung, T.W., Kim, S.J. and Kim, J.D. 2006. Comparison of agronomic characteristics, yield and feed value of different corn hybrids for silage. Korean Journal of Crop Science. 51:233-238.
- Son, B.Y., Kim, J.T., Song, S.Y., Baek, S.B., Kim, C.K. and Kim, J.D. 2009. Comparison of yield and forage quality of silage corns of different planting dates. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 29:179-186. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2009.29.3.179
- Growth Characteristics and Productivity of New Single Cross Maize Hybrid for Grain, 'Singwangok' vol.34, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2014.34.1.21
- A Very Early-Maturing Italian Ryegrass (Lolium multiflorum Lam.) New Variety, ‘Greenfarm3ho’ vol.35, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2015.35.1.31