- Volume 17 Issue 2
The purpose of this study is the displacement and velocity dependence evaluation of clamped shape metallic damper, which were evaluated superior in energy dissipation capacity than straight type slit damper. For this purpose, 6 metallic damper specimens are prepared and dependence test are performed. Test variables are displacement dependence and velocity dependence. According to displacement dependence test results, larger target displacement (50mm) shows lower cyclic numbers and cumulated energy dissipated area than lower target displacement (25mm). Also it shows higher strength and early failure than short target displacement. In velocity dependence evaluation, fast target velocity (60mm/sec) shows lower cyclic numbers and cumulated energy dissipated area than slow target velocity (40mm/sec). Therefore the hysteresis dependence of metallic damper were evaluated as close relation to the loading displacement and velocity conditions.
Clamped shape metallic damper;Strut;Displacement;Velocity;Dependence
- A. Benavent-Climent, "An energy-based damage model for seismic response of steel structures", Earthquake Engineering and Structual Dynamics, vol. 36, 2007, pp.1049-1064. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.671
- ASCE, "Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE 7-10)", ASCE, 2010.
- Hyun Ho Lee, "Hysteretic Behavior of Straight Type Metallic Damper in Width to Height Ratio 0.115", Proceeding of Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance Inspection, vol. 16, No. 2, 2012, pp.206-207. (in Korean)
- Hyun Ho Lee, "Yield Strength Characteristic of Steel Damper by Strut Aspect Ratio", Proceeding of Korea Society of Hazard Mitigation, 2012, pp.206-207. (in Korean)
- Hyun Ho Lee, Sel Il Kim, "Evaluation on Hysteretic Behaviors of V shaped metallic dampers", Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance Inspection, vol. 15, No. 1, 2011, pp.254-262. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2011.15.1.254
- Hyun Ho Lee, Sel Il Kim, "Metallic Damper Shape and Cyclic Behavior for the Seismic Capacity Improvement of Building Structures", Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance Inspection, vol. 14, No. 3, 2010, pp.123-130. (in Korean)
- J. H. Park, T. W. Park, O. J. Kim, D. B. Lee, "Structural Characteristic and the Evaluation Method for Application of Steel Damper, vol. 25, No. 1, 2006, pp.33-36. (in Korean)
- Japan Society of Seismic Isolation, "Design and Construction Manual of Passive Seismic Control Structures", Japan Society of Seismic Isolation, 2005. (in Japaness)
- Masafumi Shin, et al., "Study of Energy Absorption Damper with Low Yield Point Steel (Part 1 Basic Characteristic))", Proceeding of Architectural Institute of Japan, 1997, pp.853-854. (in Japaness)
- S. H. Oh, Y. J. Kim, H. S. Ryu, H. B. Choi, C. H. Kang, "Hysteresis Behavior of Beam-to-Column Connections with Elasto-Plastic Hysteretic Dampers, Proceeding of AIK, vol. 25, No. 1, 2005, pp.635-638. (in Korean)
- T. T. Soong, G. F. Dargush, "Passive Energy Dissipation Systems in Structural Engineering", John Wiley & Sons, 1997, pp.35-81.
- Y. H. Kim, M. H. Lee, S. H. Oh, C. Huh, Y. S. Oh, M. H. Yoon, T. S. Moon, "Ultimate Energy Absorption Capacity of Steel Plate Slit Dampers subjected to Shear and Axial Force", Proceeding of AIK, vol. 20, No. 2, 2000, pp.369-372. (in Korean)
- Dependency Evaluation According to Damper Strut Type vol.18, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2014.18.5.078
Supported by : 한국연구재단