- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Fabrication of Periodic Holes on Metal Electrode for Electrodeionization System Application
전기탈이온시스템 응용을 위한 주기적 홀을 갖는 금속 전극 제작에 관한 연구
- Yeo, Jong-Bin (The Research Institute for Catalysis, Chonnam National University) ;
- Sun, Sang-Wook (Faculty of Applied Chemical Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- Lee, Hyun-Yong (Faculty of Applied Chemical Engineering, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2013.01.14
- Accepted : 2013.02.22
- Published : 2013.03.01
Electrodeionization is a hybrid separation process of electrodialysis and ion exchange to produce high purity water under electric field. This article provides a fabrication result of hole patterned metal electrode for elecrodeionization system. The hole patterns have been fabricated by nanosphere lithography (NSL). The technique utilizes the self-assembled nanospheres as lens-mask patterns and collimated laser beam source. The hole patterns have a periodic array structure. The images of hole pattern on metal electrode prepared were observed by SEM. We believe that the periodic hole patterned metal electrode structure is a useful device applicable for metal mat electrode in electrodeionization system.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- K. H. Yeon, Ph. D. Thesis, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), Korea (2003).
- W. R. Walters, D. W. Weiser, and L. J. Marek, Ind. and Eng. Chem., 47, 61 (1955).
- Z. Matejka, J. Appl. Chem. Biotechnol., 21, 117 (1971).
- E. Korngold, Desalination, 16, 105 (1975). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(00)84095-3
- O. Kedem, Desalination, 16, 105 (1975). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(00)84095-3
- O. Kedem, I. Rubinstein, and L. A. Segel, Desalination, 27, 143 (1978). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(00)88109-6
- C. Edmonds and E. Salem, Ultrapure Water, 43 (1998).
- J. B. Yeo, S. D. Yun, and H. Y. Lee, J. KIEEME, 20, 726 (2007).
- S. D. Yun, J. B. Yeo, and H. Y. Lee, J. KIEEME, 21, 829 (2008).
- J. B. Yeo, S. D. Yun, and H. Y. Lee, J. Appl. Phys., 102, 084502 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2799077
- J. B. Yeo, N. H. Kim, and H. Y. Lee, J. Kor. Phys. Soc., 58, L1 (2011). https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.58.1
- J. B. Yeo, G. M. Han, and H. Y. Lee, J. KIEEME, 23, 245 (2010).