- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Impacts of High Temperature and Heavy Precipitation Amount on Winter Chinese Cabbage Yields
노지 가을배추 단수의 고온 및 다우 피해 계측
- Cho, Jae-Hwan (Department of Agricultural Economics, Pusan National University) ;
- Suh, Jeong-Min (Department of Bio-Environmental Energy, Pusan National University) ;
- Jin, Kyung-Ho (Department of Bio-Environmental Energy, Pusan National University) ;
- Kang, Jum-Soon (Department of Horticultural Bioscience, Pusan National University) ;
- Hong, Chang-Oh (Department of Life Science and Environmental Biochemistry, Pusan National University) ;
- Lim, Woo-Taik (Department of Applied Chemistry, Andong National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Gyu (Department of Vegetable Research, Rural Development Administration)
- 조재환 (부산대학교 농업경제학과) ;
- 서정민 (부산대학교 바이오환경에너지학과) ;
- 진경호 (부산대학교 바이오환경에너지학과) ;
- 강점순 (부산대학교 원예생명과학과) ;
- 홍창오 (부산대학교 생명환경화학과) ;
- 임우택 (안동대학교 응용화학과) ;
- 이상규 (농촌진흥청 원예작물부 채소과)
- Received : 2012.11.08
- Accepted : 2013.02.22
- Published : 2013.02.28
The purpose of this article is analyzing the impacts of climate change on winter chinese cabbage yield in Korea, with employing a panel data regression model. Our results show that there is a negative impacts of high temperature and precipitation amount on winter chinese cabbage yields. Especially high temperature and rainfall in September cause serious damage to winter chinese cabbage yield. According to the reduction schedule on greenhouse gas emission(RCP 4.5 scenario.), winter chinese cabbage yield would be 7.7% lower than it is, for reasons of high temperature and rainfall damages by the end of 21st century.
Winter chinese cabbage yield;Negative impacts of high temperature and rainfall;Panel data regression model
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Baltagi, B. H., 2008, Econometric Analysis of Panel Data, 4th ed., Wiley & Sons.
- Han, S. H., Kim, B. R., 2004, Prospects and Simulation Model of Chinese Cabbage Under Open Market, Journal of Rural Development, 27(3), 35-53.
- Han, S. H., Lee, B. H., Park, M. S., Seung, J. H., Yang, H. S., Shin, S. C., 2011, A Study of Building Crop Yield Forecasting Model considering Meteorological elements, Research Report P152, Korea Rural Economic Institute.
- Kim, Y. J., Kim B. S., Song, S. H., Park, Y. G., 2006, The Seasonal Cabbage Model, Korea Rural Economic Institute, Discussion papers W28.
- Kwon, O. S., Lee, H. J., Roh, J. S., 2010, The Impacts of Agricultural R&D Expenditures on Food Self-Sufficiency, Korean Journal of Agricultural Economics, 51(2), 109-125.
- Lee, Y. S., Jeong, H. K., Kim, W. T., Choi, I. C., 2004, An Estimation of Yield Functions of Korean Fruit-Vegetables, Korea Rural Economic Institute, PO73.
- Lee, Y. S., Jeong, H. K., Sim, S. B., 2005, A Study on Determinants of Seasonal Supply and Price of Produce in Korea: With Special Emphasis on Weather, Research Report R94, Korea Rural Economic Institute.
- Min, I. S., Choi, P. S., 2010, STATA Panel Data Analysis, The Korean Association of STATA.
- National Institute of Meteorological Research, 2010, And understanding of climate change, the use of climate change scenarios.
- Impacts of climate change on the growth, morphological and physiological responses, and yield of Kimchi cabbage leaves vol.57, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13580-016-1163-9
- Production of Agrometeorological Information in Onion Fields using Geostatistical Models vol.27, pp.7, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2018.27.7.509