- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Intrinsic Motivation, and e-Learning Strategies on Learning Satisfaction of Nursing Students in Blended e-Learning Environment
블렌디드 이러닝(Blended e-learning)환경에서 간호대학생의 내재동기, 이러닝 학습전략이 학습만족도에 미치는 영향
- Han, Ji-Young (Department of Nursing, Silla University)
- 한지영 (신라대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2012.08.27
- Accepted : 2013.01.10
- Published : 2013.02.28
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of intrinsic motivation and e-learning strategies on nursing students' learning satisfaction in blended e-learning environment. Method: The survey was performed with 111 undergraduate nursing students who have taken community health nursing in 1 university. The data was collected by questionnaires and were analyzed with the IBM SPSS statistics 20.0, using descriptive statistics, Pearson's correlation coefficient and multiple regression. Results: The mean score for intrinsic motivation was 3.25, for e-learning strategies, 3.56, and for learning satisfaction, 3.69. Significant positive correlation among intrinsic motivation, e-learning strategies, and learning satisfaction. The regression model explained 41.4% of learning satisfaction. Both intrinsic motivation and e-learning strategies were significant predictor of learning satisfaction. Conclusion: In order to improve the learners' learning achievement and learning satisfaction in blended e-learning environment, intrinsic motivation should be strengthen and e-learning strategies should be developed.
- Bandura, A. (1986). Social foundations of thought and action: A social cognitive theory. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Chen, Y., Lou. H., & Luo. W. (2001). Distance learning technology adoption: A motivational perspective. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 42(2), 38-43.
- Chu, H. Y. (2010). A study on the effect of english learning motivation and strategies used by college students on their learning achievement. Unpublished master's dissertation, Yeungnam University, Daegu.
- Eastmond, D. V. (1993). Adult learning of distance students through computer conferencing. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, New York: Syracuse University.
- Faul, F., Erdfelder, E., Lang, A. G., & Buchner, A. (2007). G power3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior Research Methods, 39, 175-191. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- Han, J. Y. Lee, E. H. (2010). Learner's perception and learning satisfaction on e-learning in the university blended learning environment. Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, 13(6), 69-77.
- Hwang, J. Y., Choi, M. S. (2006). Learning achievement and educational satisfaction according to learners' background variables and learning strategies in online teacher training. Journal of Educational Information and Media, 12(2), 255-274.
- Jung, H. S. (2005). Effects of self-directedness, task values, and learning types on learner satisfaction and achievement. Unpublished master's dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Keller, J. M. (1987). Strategies for stimulating the motivation to learn. Performance & Instruction, 26(8), 1-7.
- Khan, B. H. (2004). e-Learning Strategies. Seoul: Seohyunsa.
- Kim, A. Y. (2002). Validation of taxonomy of academic motivation based on the self-determination theory. Journal of Korean Educational Psychology Research, 16(4), 169-187.
- Kim, H. J., Jung, J. H. (2011). Relations among Teaching Factors, Student's Interest, Enjoyment, Intrinsic Motivation, Student Learning. Journal of Korean Educational Psychology Research, 25(3), 569-589.
- Kim, J. S., Kim, M. S., Hwang, S. K. (2005). Development of an e-learning education program for preventing nursing errors and adverse events of operating room nurses. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 17(5), 697-708.
- Kim, M. Y. (2007). E-learning strategies affecting the levels of participation, achievement and satisfaction in the university blended learning environment. Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, 10(4), 93-102.
- Kwon, E. J., Kim, S. I. (2003). The effect of achievement goals and types of feedback on intrinsic motivation and perceived competence. Korean Journal of Educational Research, 41(4), 341-364.
- Lee, I. S. (2002). Relationships between e-learning strategies and learning achievement. Journal of Educational Technology, 18(2), 51-67.
- Lee, O. H. (2008). A study on achievement of blended learning and face-to face learning. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 15(1), 1-27.
- Leem, J. H. (1999). The theoretical back grounds of webbased education from the viewpoint of interaction. Journal of Educational Technology. 15(3). 29-54.
- Lepper, M. R., Corpus, J. H., & Iyengar, S. S. (2005). Intrinsic and extrinsic motivational orientations in the classroom: Age differences and academic correlates. Journal of Educational Psychology, 97(2), 184-196. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0622.214.171.124
- Lin, X. (1994). Metacognition: Implications for research in hypermedia-based learning environment. Eric Document Reproduction Service No. Ed373736.
- Loomis, K. D. (2000). Learning style and asynchronous learning: Comparing the LASSI model to class performance. Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, 4(1), 23-32.
- Pintrich, P. R. & Schunk, D. H. (1996). Motivation in Education: Theory, research, and applications. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Ryan, R. (1982). Control and informational in the intrapersonal sphere: An extension of cognitive evaluation theory. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 43, 450-461. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1990
- Ryan, R. M., & Deci, E. L. (2000). Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and well-being. American Psychologist, 55(1), 68-78. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.55.1.68
- Ryu, E. J. (2009). A study on background variables, learning styles and e-learning strategies of university students in e-learning environment. Unpublished master's dissertation, Sookmyung Womans University, Seoul.
- Shin, Y. J., Woo A. J. (2011). The effects of a blended learning inquiry laboratory course. Journal of Yeolin Education Research, 19(2), 121-140.
- Song, S. J. (2008). The prediction of academic achievement and participation of the e-learning course by intrinsic motivation, the level of self-regulated learning and achievement goals. Unpublished master's dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Yang, J. J. (2006). Effects of web-based multimedia contents for mechanical ventilator practice on knowledge and clinical competence of nursing students. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 18(2), 231-239.
- Yi, Y. J. (2008). Effects of a blended learning orientation program for clinical practicums of nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nnursing Education, 14(1), 30-37. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.1.030
- Watkins, R. Leigh, D., & Triner, D. (2004). Assessing readiness for e - learning. Performance Improvement Quarterly, 17(4), 66-79.
- Effects of Blended Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Defibrillation E-learning on Nursing Students’ Self-efficacy, Problem Solving, and Psychomotor Skills vol.34, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1097/CIN.0000000000000227
- Effects of Writing Reflective Journal on Meta-cognition and Problem Solving Ability in Nursing Students taking a Fundamental Nursing Skills Course Applying Blended Learning vol.23, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.4.430
- The Effects of Self-directed Learning Ability and Motivation on Learning Satisfaction of Nursing Students in Convergence Blended Learning Environment vol.13, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.11
- Outcomes and influential factors applying flipped learning methods in a clinical adult nursing practicum pp.13227114, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1111/ijn.12724