- Volume 46 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Losses of Indirect Use and Non-Use Values of Groundwater or Environmental Challenges in Terms of the Inaction Costs of OECD
OECD의 무대응 비용 관점에서 지하수 등 자연환경 재해의 간접사용가치 및 비사용가치 손상 비용 분석
- Ahn, Eun-Young (Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM)) ;
- Kim, Sun Geun (Daejeon University)
- Received : 2013.02.02
- Accepted : 2013.02.20
- Published : 2013.02.28
OECD(2008) gives the concepts of inaction costs on key environmental challenges including: direct financial costs; total financial costs; total use costs; and total social welfare costs. In analyzing the losses of environmental goods' various values conducted by domestic and foreign researchers, this study suggests the value-cost category of OECD(2008) and other studies; and the indirect use and non-use values of groundwater and other natural environment using the concepts of inaction costs. The studies on the damages and their relationships among human, property, and ecosystem are essential to monetary valuation on the qualitative or quantitative degradation of groundwater and other natural environment.
inaction cost;groundwater;indirect use value;non-use value
Grant : 국가 지하수자원의 경제적 활용가치 평가
Supported by : 한국수자원공사
- Ahn, E.Y. and Yu, S.Y. (2012), A Social Costs Quantification for Impact Assessment Indicators Development on Technologies related Groundwater and Soil Contamination, Econ. Environ. Geol., v.45, n.4, p.447-454. https://doi.org/10.9719/EEG.2012.45.4.447
- Australian New South Wales(NSW) Government (2009) Responsibilities of landholders and small business regarding land contamination, http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/resources/clm/09811LandContamination.pdf.
- Chung, I.M. and Kim, N.W. (2009), Trend and outlook of the integrated surface-groundwater analysis, Water and Future, v.4, n.11, p.10-18.
- Eom, Y.S. (2000), Valuing Drinking Water Risk Reductions Using Experimental Market Method, Environmental and Resource Economics Review, v.9, n.4, p.747-771.
- Gorlach, B., Landgrebe-Trinkunaite, R., Interwies, E., Bouzit, M., Darmendrail, D. and Rinaudo, J.-D. (2004): Assessing the Economic Impacts of Soil Degradation, European Commission, DG Environment.
- Hang, J.H. (2007), A Study on the Real Estate Appraisal Approach of Contaminated Properties, Sungkyunkwan University IMBA, 151p.
- Kim, J.L. (2010), Major oil spills, environmental effects and cost, Ministry of Environment OECD Report.
- Kwak, S.J. (2001), Estimating the economic value of natural stock, Ministry of Environment/Korea University.
- ME/KEI (2009), OECD 2030 Environmental Outlook Report
- OECD(2008) Environmental Outlook to 2030 Translation Report, Ministry of Environment. 517p.
- OECD (2008), Costs of inaction on key environmental challenges, OECD Publications.
- Park, D.H. (2007), Building of value evaluation system of water resources and water related technology, Ministry of Science and Technology/Korea Water Resources Corporation, 615p.
- Son, M.S., Kim, H.S., and Lee H.S. (2009), Economic Valuation Method For Soil and Groundwater, Journarl of the KRSA, v.25, n.2, p.63-82.
- The World Bank (2007), Sustainable Groundwater Management.