- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Seismic Fragility Evaluation of Isolated NPP Containment Structure Considering Soil-Structure Interaction Effect
지반-구조물 상호작용 효과를 고려한 지진격리시스템이 적용된 원전 격납건물의 지진 취약도 평가
- Received : 2012.10.30
- Accepted : 2013.01.23
- Published : 2013.03.04
Several researches have been studied to enhance the seismic performance of nuclear power plants (NPPs) by application of seismic isolation. If a seismic base isolation system is applied to NPPs, seismic performance of nuclear power plants should be reevaluated considering the soil-structure interaction effect. The seismic fragility analysis method has been used as a quantitative seismic safety evaluation method for the NPP structures and equipment. In this study, the seismic performance of an isolated NPP is evaluated by seismic fragility curves considering the soil-structure interaction effect. The designed seismic isolation is introduced to a containment building of Shin-Kori NPP which is KSNP (Korean Standard Nuclear Power Plant), to improve its seismic performance. The seismic analysis is performed considering the soil-structure interaction effect by using the linearized model of seismic isolation with SASSI (System for Analysis of Soil-Structure Interaction) program. Finally, the seismic fragility is evaluated based on soil-isolation-structure interaction analysis results.
Soil-Structure Interaction;Seismic Isolation System;Seismic Performance;Seismic Fragility;Nuclear Power Plants
- Lee SH, Lee YS. Application Plan of Seismic Isolation System for APR 1400. Proceedings of the earthquake engineering workshop, EESK, 2010.
- R Ivan Skinner, William H Robinson, Fraeme H McVerry. An Introduction to Seismic Isolation. New York: John Wiley & Sons, INC;c1993.
- Jun YS. Technical Review of Seismic Isolation Systems for NPP Application. Proceedings of the earthquake engineering Workshop, EESK;2010.
- Bozidar Stojadinovic. Technical Considerations for Seismic Isolation of Nuclear Facility Structure. UC Berkeley. 2011.
- Alessandro Martelli, Paolo Masoni, Massimo Forni, Maurizio Indirli, Bruno Spadoni, Giacomo Di Pasquale, Vittorio Lucarelli, Tito Sano, Giuseppe Bonacina, Aldo Castoldi. ENEA activities on seismic isolation of nuclear and non-nuclear structures. Nuclear Engineering and Design, 1991;127:265-272. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(91)90050-R
- Japan Electric Association. Technical Design Guide for Seismic Isolation of Nuclear Power Facilities. JEAG4614-2000;2000.
- Choi IK, Seo JM. Inelastic Energy Absorption Factor for the Seismic Probabilistic Risk Assessment of NPP Containment Structure. EESK J. Earthquake Eng. 2001;5(5):47-56.
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Standard Review Plan 3.7.2 Revisoion 3, NUREG-0800;2007.
- Eem SH, Jung HJ. Seismic Analysis of Base-Isolated Nuclear Containment Building Considering Soil-Structure Interaction Effect Conference on earthquake engineering. EESK. 2012;189-192.
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission 1.208. A Performance-Based Approach to Define The Site-Specific Earthquake Ground Motion; 2007.
- Combustion Engineering, System80+ Standard Design. U.S. Department of Energy;1990.
- A. M. Kammerer, A. S. Whittaker, M. C. Constantinou,. Technical Considerations for Seismic Isolation of Nuclear Facilities. NUREG; 2012.
- ASCE/SEI. ASCE/SEI 7-10 : Minimum DEsign Loads for Buildings and Other Structures;2010.
- National Institute of Building Sciences. NEHRP Recommended Provisions (FEMA451);2006.
- AASHTO. Guide Specifications for Seismic Isolation Design 3rd Editions;2010.
- Kim HU, Park DH. A Parametric Study on Preliminary Design of the Seismic Isolation System for NPP. Conference on earthquake engineering, EESK;c2012.
- Farzad Naeim, James M. Kelly. Design of Seismic Isolated Structures. New York: John Wiley & Sons, INC;c1999.
- Lysmer J, Ostadan F, Tabatabaie M, Vahdani S, Tajirian F. A System for Analysis of Soil-Structure Interaction, Theoretical Manual. Berkeley: University of California;c1988.
- Caughy TK. Equivalent Linearization Techniques. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. 1963;35(11):1706-1711. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.1918794
- Shinozuka M, Feng MQ, Kim HK, Ueda T. Statistical Analysis of Fragility Curves. Technical Report at Multidisciplinary Center for Earthquake Engineering Research. New York;2002.
- Yi JH, Youn JY, Yun CB. Seismic Risk Assessment of Bridges Using Fragility Analysis. EESK J. Earthquake Eng. 2004;8(6):31-43.
- Characteristics of Earthquake Responses of an Isolated Containment Building in Nuclear Power Plants According to Natural Frequency of Soil vol.17, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2013.17.6.245
- Earthquake Damage Assessment of Buildings Using Opendata in the Pohang and the Gyeongju Earthquakes vol.22, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2018.22.3.121
- Seismic Fragility of Base-Isolated Nuclear Power Plant Considering Effects of Near-Fault Ground Motions vol.18, pp.7, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2018.18.7.315
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원 (KETEP)