- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Utilization Characteristics, Health Behaviors and Health Management Level of Participants in Private Health Examination in a General Hospital
일개 종합병원의 민간 건강검진 수검자의 검진이용 특성, 건강행태 및 건강관리 수준 분석
- Received : 2012.09.04
- Accepted : 2013.01.10
- Published : 2013.01.31
This study aims to analyze characteristics, health behaviors and health management level related to private health examination recipients in one general hospital. To achieve this, we analyzed 150,501 cases of private health examination data for 11 years from 2001 to 2011 for 20,696 participants in 2011 in a Dae-Jeon general hospital health examination center. The cluster analysis for classify private health examination group is used z-score standardization of K-means clustering method. The logistic regression analysis, decision tree and neural network analysis are used to periodic/non-periodic private health examination classification model. 1,000 people were selected as a customer management business group that has high probability to be non-periodic private health examination patients in new private health examination. According to results of this study, private health examination group was categorized by new, periodic and non-periodic group. New participants in private health examination were more 30~39 years old person than other age groups and more patients suspected of having renal disease. Periodic participants in private health examination were more male participants and more patients suspected of having hyperlipidemia. Non-periodic participants in private health examination were more smoking and sitting person and more patients suspected of having anemia and diabetes mellitus. As a result of decision tree, variables related to non-periodic participants in private health examination were sex, age, residence, exercise, anemia, hyperlipidemia, diabetes mellitus, obesity and liver disease. In particular, 71.4% of non-periodic participants were female, non-anemic, non-exercise, and suspicious obesity person. To operation of customized customer management business for private health examination will contribute to efficiency in health examination center.
Private health examination;Cluster analysis;Decision tree;Customer relationship management
- Ji-young Yeo, Hyoung-sun Jeong, "Determinants of health screening and its effects on health behaviors", Korean J. of Health Policy & Administration, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 49-64, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2012.22.1.049 https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2012.22.1.049
- National Health Insurance Corporation, "2010 National Health Screening Statistical Yearbook", 2012.
- Sung-Wook Kang, Chang-Hoon You, Young-Dae Kwon, "The Determinants of the Use of Opportunistic Screening Programs in Korea", J Prev Med Public Health, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 177-182, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2009.42.3.177 https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2009.42.3.177
- Woo-Sung Sun, "Problems and Issues of Luxurious Health Screening", Health insurance & policy, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 73-82, 2009.
- Young-Sook Lee, Myun-Sook Jung, "The Effects of the Customer Satisfaction of General Health Examination Service on Their Revisiting Intention and Change of Health Belief, Self-Efficacy and Health Promoting Behavior", J Korean Acad Nurs Admin, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 94-103, March 2006.
- Duk-Young Cho, Yun-Jin Kim, "The study On Characteristics od University Medical Center Users, Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 2399-2420, October 2009.
- Yun Han, Jae-June Lee, "A Strategy Based on Revenue Management for Revenue Increase in Hospital Health Promotion Center", Korean Journal of Hospital Management, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 13-26, 2010.
- Sung-Hong Kang, Soon-Ho Choi, "Group Classification on Management Behavior of Diabetic Mellitus", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 2 pp. 765-774, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.2.765 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.2.765
- Hea-Sook Park, Doo-Kwon Baik, "A study for control of client value using cluster analysis", Journal of Network and Computer Application, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 262-276, November 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2005.03.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2005.03.003
- Ministry of health & welfare, Fundamental Health Promotion Act, 2011. Available from: http://www.law.go,kr.
- Maciosek MV, Coffield AB, Edwards NM, et al, "Priorities among effective clinical preventive services : Results of a systematic review and analysis", American Journal of Preventive Medicine, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 52-61, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2006.03.012 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2006.03.012
- Ministry of health & welfare, Enforcement criteria of medical examination, 2012. Available from: http://hi.nhic.or.kr.
- Eun-Jung Kang, "Clustering of Lifestyle Behaviors of Korean Adults Using Smoking, Drinking, and Physical Activity", Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 44-66, 2007. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2007.27.2.44
- Yoo-Mi Kim, Dong Min Chang, Sung-Soo Kim, Il-Su Park, Sung-Hong Kang, "A Study on Factors of Management of Diabetes Mellitus using Data Mining", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 10, No. 5 pp. 1100-1108, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.5.1100 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.5.1100
- Ji-Young Yeo, Hyoung-Sun Jeong, "Determinants of health screening and its effects on health behaviors", Korean J. of Health Policy & Administration, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 49-64, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2012.22.1.049 https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2012.22.1.049
- Youn-Soo Shin, Chong Yon Park, Sang Hyuk Jung, Hye Young Jung, Hye-Young Kang, "Comparison of customer satisfaction with health examination programs provided by the Korea National Health Insurance and private healthcare organizations in Korea", Journal of Korean Society of Quality Assurance in Health Care, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 40-51, 2006.
- Ji-Hye Lim, Sung-Hong Kang, Won-Joong Kim, "Patient Management Through Simulation Modeling in the Medical Center", Journal of Digital Policy, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 287-295, 2012.
- Sung-Wook Kang, Chang Hoon You, Young Dae Kwon, "The Determinants of the Use of Opportunistic Screening Programs in Korea", J Prev Med Public Health, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 177-182, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2009.42.3.177 https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2009.42.3.177
- National Health Insurance Corporation, "Analysis of health examination result", 2004.
- Jae-Hong Lee, Kyung-Jin Min, "The Factors that Affect on CRM Performance in a Medical Institution", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 11, No. 2 pp. 758-764, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.2.758 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.2.758
- So-youn Yoo, June-young Lee, Seok-Jun Yoon, Hyong-gin An, "A study on Factors Related with a Periodic General Health Examination", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 10, No. 1(B), pp. 119-131, February 2008.
- Na-ray Kim, "Analysis of the Factors Influencing the Medical Re-examination in the Center of Health Promotion", The Graduate School of Yonsei University, Master's Thesis, 2008.
- Han-suk Kim, "A Study on the Efficient Policy of Health Examination based on Comparing Private Health Sector with Public Health Sector", Graduate School of Medicine Kyunghee University, doctor's thesis, 2010.
- He-Jin Lee, Sun-Hee Lee, Sang-Hyuk Jung, Hae-Lim Shin, Dae-Kyu Oh, "Analysis of Behavioral Stage in Pap Testing by Using Transtheoretical Model", Journal of preventive medicine and public health, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 82-92, 2005.
- Sung-mi Hae, "Characteristics of Individuals Seeking Comprehensive Health Check-ups", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 563-576, 1997.
- A Study on the Determinants of Rescreening for Using the Private Health Screening Program vol.13, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.383
- A Study on the Relationship between Body Composition Analysis and CBC in University Students vol.48, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15324/kjcls.2016.48.3.269
Supported by : 인제대학교