- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Folk Plants in Southern Region of Chungcheongbuk-do, Korea
충청북도 남부지역의 민속식물
Shin, Youn-Hee;Kim, Hyun-Jun;Jeong, Hea-Seok;Ku, Ja-Jung;Choi, Kyung;Park, Kwang-Woo;Kang, Shin-Ho
- Received : 2012.11.28
- Accepted : 2013.02.07
- Published : 2013.02.28
This study was carried out in order to catalogue the folk plants of 5 counties and cities of Chungcheongbuk-do Province from March to October, 2011. 429 pages of field notes relating to the folk plants were collected from approximately 92 local inhabitants and analyzed subsequently. The identified folk plants were of 173 taxa, composed of 150 species, 1 subspecies, 22 varieties and 129 genera under 56 families. Naturalized plants were included. The use by its usage was: 349 taxa; edible, 68 taxa; medicinal, 2 taxa; dye, 1 taxa; aroma, 4 taxa; spice, 1, taxa; ornamental, 3 taxa; oil, 1 taxa; starch, 18 taxa; others respectively, so the edible use is the highest. The most useful part was the leaf, followed by stem, and whole plant. The consistency comparison between the scientific name and the local name were the highest in the 50's and the lowest in 90's.
Chungcheongbuk-do;Korea;Folk plants;Scientific name;Local name
- Chungcheongbuk-do. 2012. www.cb21.net
- Chung, G.Y., M.S. Park, B.M. Nam, K.N. Hong, J. Jang and C.H. Lee. 2010. The regional folk plants in inland of Gyeongsangbuk-do (I). Korean J. Plant Res. 23: 393-485 (in Korean).
- Chung, G.Y., M.S. Park, B.M. Nam, D.H. Jung, C.H. Lee, Y.H. Shin, H.J. Kim and S.H. Kang. 2011. The folk plants in southern region of Gangwon-do. Korean J. Plant Res. 24: 379-394 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2011.24.4.379
- Chung, T.H. 1965. Illustrated Encyclopedia of Korea. Volume 5. Tracheophyta. Mungyobu, Seoul, Korea. (in Korean).
- Kim, H. and M.J. Song. 2012. Benefit Sharing and Development of Biological Genetic Resources and Traditional Knowledge. World Science. Seoul, Korea. (in Korean).
- Korean Fern Society. 2005. Ferns and Fern allies of Korea. Geobook, Seoul, Korea. (in Korean).
- Korea National Arboretum and The Plant Taxonomic Society of Korea. 2007. A Synonymic List of Vascular Plants in Korea. Korea National Arboretum (in Korean).
- Lee, T.B. 2003. Coloured Flora of Korea. Hyangmunsa, Seoul, Korea. (in Korean).
- Lee, W.C. 1996. Lineamenta Florae Koreae. Academy Publishing Co., Seloul (in Korean).
- Lee, Y.N. 2006. New Flora of Korea. Gyohaksa, Seoul, Korea. (in Korean).
- Melchior, H. and E. Werderman. 1954. An Engler's Syllabus der Pflanzenfamilien, Band I. Gebruder, Belin-Nikolasse.
- Melchior, H. 1964. An Engler's Syllabus der Pflanzenfamilien, Band II. Gebruder, Belin-Nikolasse
- Oh, B.U., D.G. Jo, S.C. Ko, H.T. Im, W.K. Paik, J.H. Kim, C.Y. Yoon, Y.D. Kim, K.O. Yoo and C.G. Jang. 2006. Distribution Maps of Vascular Plants of Korean Peninsula, 3. Central & South Province (Chungcheong-do). Korea National Arboretum. Pocheon (in Korean).
- Shin, Y.H., H.J. Kim, J.J. Ku, K.W. Park, K. Choi, H.S. Jeong and S.H. Kang. 2012. The folk plants in northern region of Chungcheongbuk-do. Korean J. Plant Res. 25: 707-718. https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2012.25.6.707
- Ethnobotany of Jeju Island, Korea vol.28, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2015.28.2.217
- Ethnobotany of Hallyeo-Haesang National Park and Its Adjacent Regions, South Korea vol.29, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2016.29.1.046
- Ethnobotanical Study on the Traditional Knowledge of Vascular Plant Resources in South Korea vol.29, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2016.29.1.062
- Traditional Knowledge on the Regional Folk Plants in Inland of Chungcheongnam-do Province, Korea vol.27, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2014.27.4.309
- (Asteraceae) vol.46, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/12298093.2018.1547485
Supported by : 국립수목원