- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Insecticidal Activity of Plant Extracts against the Diamondback Moth, Plutella xylostella (Lepidoptera: Plutellidae) on Vegetable Plant
배추좀나방(Plutella xylostella)에 대한 식물추출물의 살충력 평가
- Choi, I-Jin (Team of City Farm, Seoul Agricultural Technology Center) ;
- Kwon, Hyuk-Hyun (Team of City Farm, Seoul Agricultural Technology Center) ;
- Lee, Han-Ho (Team of City Farm, Seoul Agricultural Technology Center) ;
- Son, Hyoung-Gi (Team of City Farm, Seoul Agricultural Technology Center) ;
- Hong, Sang-Kil (Team of City Farm, Seoul Agricultural Technology Center) ;
- Kang, Jong-Woon (Team of City Farm, Seoul Agricultural Technology Center) ;
- Park, Yu-Soon (Team of City Farm, Seoul Agricultural Technology Center)
- 최이진 (서울시 농업기술센터 도시농업팀) ;
- 권혁현 (서울시 농업기술센터 도시농업팀) ;
- 이한호 (서울시 농업기술센터 도시농업팀) ;
- 손형기 (서울시 농업기술센터 도시농업팀) ;
- 홍상길 (서울시 농업기술센터 도시농업팀) ;
- 강종운 (서울시 농업기술센터 도시농업팀) ;
- 박유순 (서울시 농업기술센터 도시농업팀)
- Received : 2012.11.09
- Accepted : 2013.02.14
- Published : 2013.02.28
This study focused on the usefulness of plant extracts for a city organic farm. Insecticidal activity of 8 plant species, plants crude extracts by ethanol and water, against third instar larvae (susceptible strain) of Plutella xylostella was evaluated in this study. Ethanol(25%) extracts of plant materials had better insecticidal activity than water extracts at the room temperature. Insecticidal activity were investigated by leaf disc spray method. Five plant extracts (Capsicum annuum, Chelidoniun majus, Leonurus sibiricus, Coptis japonica, Mentha piperascens) showed over 50% insecticidal activity to P. xylostella at the concentration of
Plutella xylostella;Coptis japonica;Plant extracts;Insecticidal activity
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Ahn, S.M., D.S. Lee, M.S. Kim, S.J. Choi, C.S. Choi, J.B. Lee, H.S. Jang and H.Y. Sohn. 2009. Bioactivity of extract of Coptis chinensis: In-vitro antifugal activity against Phytophthora capsici and growth-promotion effect in red-pepper. Kor. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 37:280-286.
- Doh, E.S. 1997. Antifungal activity of Anemarrhena asphodeloides, Coptis japonica and Phellodendron amurense extracts against Phytophthora Blight. Korean J. Plant. Res. 10:351-359.
- Doh, E.S. 1999. Antifungal activity of Coptis japonica rootstem extract and identification of antifungal substances. Korean J. Plant. Res. 12:260-268.
- Gyenoggi-Do Agricultural Research & Extension Services. 2010. Annual Research Report. 380-388.
- Hiremath, I.G., Y.J. Ahn, S.I. Kim, B.R. Choi and J.R. Cho. 1995. Insecticidal and acaricidal activities of african plant extracts against the brown planthopper and two-spotted spider mite. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 34:200-205.
- Isman, M.B. 2000. Plant essential oils for pest and diseasw management. Crop Protection. 19:603-608. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-2194(00)00079-X
- Isman, M.B. 2006. Botanical insecticides, deterrents, and repellents in modern agriculture and an increasingly regulated world. Annu. Rev. Entomol. 51:41-66.
- Kang, S.J., Y.S. Lee, S.Y. Lee, G.Y. Yun, S.H. Hong, Y.S. Park, I.S. Kim, R.D. Park and K.Y. Kim. 2010. Biological control of diamondback moth(Plutella xylostella L.) by Lysobacter antibioticus HS124. Korean. J. Soil Sci. 43:659-666.
- Kim H.H., J.H. Kwon, K.H. Park, M.H. Kim, M.H. Oh, K.I. Choe, S.H. Park, H.Y. Jin, S.S. Kim and M.W. Lee. 2012. Screening of antioxidative activities and antiinflammatory activities in local native plants. Kor. H. Pharmacogn. 43:85-93.
- Kim, J. D., Y.C. Kim, S.H. Jung, J.S. Seo and S.W. Park. 2011. In vitro eliminative effects three sorts of herbal extracts of against Ichthyophthirius multifiliis. J. Fish Pathol. 24:289-295. https://doi.org/10.7847/jfp.2011.24.3.289
- Kim M. H., A. Nugroho, S.C. Lim, H.E. Moon, J.S. Choi and H.J. Park. 2011. Phytochemical analysis of phenolic compounds in 30% ethanolic extracts from the compositae plants and peroxtnitrite-scavenging effect. Kor. J. Pharmacogn. 42:149-154.
- Kim, S.K., J.H. Jin, C.K. Lim ,J.H. Hur and S.Y. Cho. 2009. Evaluation of insecticidal efficacy of plant extracts against major insect pests. Korean J. Pesticides Science. 13:165-170.
- Lee, J.S., E.H. Ham, H.Y. Choo, S.J. Lee, and D.W. Lee. 2011. Acaricidal efficacy of herbal extracts against Tetranychus urticae (Acarina:Tetranychidae). J. of Agriculture & Life Science. 45:151-162.
- Lee, S.G., J.D. Park, C. Song, K.Y. Cho, S.G. Lee, M.K. Kim and H.S. Lee. 2001. Insecticidal activities of various vegetable extracts against five agricultural insect pests and four stored-product insect pests. Korean J. Pesticides Science. 5:18-25.
- Park, I.K. 2012. Larvicidal activity of constituents identified in Piper nigrum L. fruit against the diamondback moth, Plutella xylostella. Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 51:149-152. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2012.02.0.02
- Park, J.H․, K.Y. Ryu, H.J. Jee, B.M. Lee and H.G. Gho. 2008. Evaluation of insecticidal activity of plant extracts against three insect pests. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 47:59-64. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2008.47.1.059
- Park, W.P. and S.H. Cho. 1999. Treatment of korean medical herb extracts affects the quality characteristics of vegetables. Korean J. postharvest Sci. Technol. 6:276-280.
- Rural Development Agriculture. 2011a. http://www.rda.go.kr/ matEnvofoodList.do?mode=list&prgId=mat_envofoodEntry
- Rural Development Agriculture. 2011b. Effect analysis and application of ecological cultivation technology of weekendfarm. Annual Join-project Research Report.
- Evaluation of Insecticidal and Antifeeding Activities of Eco-friendly Organic Insecticides Against Agricultural Insect Pests vol.54, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2015.05.0.020