- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Multi-objective Integrated Optimization of Diagrid Structure-smart Control Device
다이어그리드 구조물-스마트 제어장치의 다목적 통합 최적화
- Received : 2012.11.27
- Accepted : 2013.01.04
- Published : 2013.02.28
When structural design of a tall building is conducted, reduction of wind-induced lateral displacement is one of the most important problem. For this purpose, additional dampers and vibration control devices are generally considered. In this process, control performance of additional devices are usually investigated for optimal design without variation of characteristics of a structure. In this study, multi-objective integrated optimization of structure-smart control device is conducted and possibility of reduction of structural resources of a tall building with additional smart damping device has been investigated. To this end, a 60-story diagrid building structure is used as an example structure and artificial wind loads are used for evaluation of wind-induced responses. An MR damper is added to the conventional TMD to develop a smart TMD. Because dynamic responses and the amount of structural material and additional smart damping devices are required to be reduced, a multi-objective genetic algorithm is employed in this study. After numerical simulation, various optimal designs that can satisfy control performance requirement can be obtained by appropriately reducing the amount of structural material and additional smart damping device.
Diagrid structural system;Smart TMD;Vibration control;MR damper;Multi-objective optimization;Genetic algorithm
- Varadarajan, N., Nagarajaiah, S. (2004) Wind Response Control of Building with Variable Stiffness Tuned Mass Damper using Empirical Mode Decomposition/ hilbert Transform, J. Eng. Mech., 130(4), pp.451-458. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2004)130:4(451)
- Wittig, L.E., Sinha A.K. (1975) Simulation of Multicorrelated Random Processes using the FFT Algorithm, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 58(3), pp.630-633. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.380702
- Zhou, Y., Kijewski, T., Kareem, A. (2003) Aerodynamic Loads on Tall Buildings: An Interactive Database, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 129(3), pp.394-404. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2003)129:3(394)
- Aldawod, M., Samali, B., Naghdy, F., Kwok, K.C.S. (2001) Active Control of Along wind Response of Tall Building using a Fuzzy Controller, Engineering Structures, 23, pp.1512-1522. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(01)00037-2
- Bani-Hani, K.A., Sheban M.A. (2006) Semi-active neuro-control for Base-isolation System using Magnetorheological (MR) Dampers, Earthquake Engng Struct. Dyn., 35, pp.1119-1144. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.574
- Deb, K., Pratap, A., Agrawal, S., Meyarivan, T. (2002) A Fast and Elitist Multiobjective Genetic Algorithm: NSGA-II, Evolutionary Computation, IEEE Transactions, 6(2), pp.182-197.
- Dyrbye, C., Hansen, S.O. (1997) Wind Loads on Structures, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, New York.
- Koo, J.H., Setareh, M., Murray, T.M. (2004) In Search of Suitable Control Methods for Semi-active Tuned Vibration Absorbers, Journal of Vibration and Control,10, pp.163-174. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077546304032020
- Kim, H.S., Kang, J.W. (2012) Semi-active Fuzzy Control of a Wind-excited Tall Building using Multiobjective Genetic Algorithm, Engineering Structures, 41, pp.242-257. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.03.038
- Moon, K.S., Connor, J.J., Fernandez, J.E. (2007) Diagrid Structural Systems for Tall Buildings: Characteristics and Methodology for Preliminary Design, The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 16, pp.205-230. https://doi.org/10.1002/tal.311
- Ok, S.Y., Park, K.S., Song, J.H, Koh, H.M. (2008) Multi-objective Integrated Optimal Design of Hybrid Structure-damper System Satisfying Target Reliability, Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, 12(2), pp.9-22. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2008.12.2.009
- Park, K.S., Koh, H.M. (2004) Preference Based Optimum Design of an Integrated Structural Control System using Genetic Algorithms, Advances in Engineering Software, 35(2), pp.85-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advengsoft.2003.10.004
- Park, K.S., Koh, H.M., Hahm, D.G. (2004) Integrated Optimum Design of Viscoelastically Damped Structural Systems, Engineering Structures, 26, pp.581-591. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2003.12.004
- Park, K.S., Koh, H.M., Ok, S.Y (2003) Integrated Optimal Design of Hybrid Structural Control System using Multi-stage Goal Programming Technique, Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, 7(5), pp.93-102. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2003.7.5.093
- Ramallo, J.C., Johnson, E.A., Spencer Jr., B.F. (2002) "Smart" Base Isolation Systems, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 128(10), pp.1088-1100. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2002)128:10(1088)
- Schaffer, J.D. (1985) Multiple Objective Optimization with Vector Evaluated Genetic Algorithms, Proceedings of the First International Conference on Genetic Algorithms, Hillsdale, New Jersey,pp.93-100.
- Sues, R.H., Mau, S.T., Wen, Y.K. (1988) System Identifcation of Degrading Hysteretic Restoring Forces, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, 114(5), pp.833-846. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1988)114:5(833)
Supported by : 한국연구재단