- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Factors Affecting Government-Support ERP Systems Adoption for SMEs
중소기업의 정부지원형 ERP시스템 도입 영향요인에 관한 연구
- Received : 2013.08.19
- Accepted : 2013.11.13
- Published : 2013.12.30
Government initiatives are continuously being invested to nurture supporting business environment for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), such as government-support ERP systems project for SMEs. As such, scholars need to pay attention to SMEs can successfully adopt and manage government-support ERP systems. This study, therefore, conceptually developed and tested a research model for understanding what factors influence SMEs' intention to adopt government-support ERP systems. We obtained thirty samples from SMEs, which is organizational level, and data were analyzed using the partial least square (PLS) technique. The results of data analysis found that institutional pressure and resource dependence had positive effects on the adoption of government-support ERP systems. On the other hand, risk aversion of SMEs was found to have negative effects to adopt government-support ERP systems.
ERP;Government support;Institutional pressure;Resource dependency;Risk aversion
- Tillquist, J., King, J.L., and Woo, C., "A Representational Scheme for Analyzing Information Technology and Organizational Dependency," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 91-118, 2002. https://doi.org/10.2307/4132322
- Tingling, P., and Parent, M., "Mimetic Isomorphism and Technology Evaluation: Does Imitation Transcend Judgment?" Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 113-143, 2002. https://doi.org/10.17705/1jais.00025
- Todd, R.H., Fawcett, S.E., and Briscoe, J.A., "The Implementation and Impact of Iso 9000 among Small Manufacturing Enterprises," Journal of Small Business Management, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 309-330, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-627X.2005.00139.x
- Tornatzky, L.G., Fleischer, M., and Chakrabarti, A.K.. The Processes of Technological Innovation. Lexington Books Lexington, MA., 1990.
- Willcocks, L.P., and Sykes, R., "Enterprise Resource Planning: The Role of the CIO and It Function in ERP," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 32-38, 2000.
- Zhu, K., Kraemer, K., and Xu, S., "Electronic Business Adoption by European Firms: A Cross-Country Assessment of the Facilitators and Inhibitors," European Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 251-268, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.ejis.3000475
- 박종필, 최영은, 이은곤, "B2C SNS 사용에 있어서 촉진인자(Enablers)와 억제인자(Inhibitors) 규명과 영향에 관한 연구: 듀얼펙터접근으로", Entrue Journal of Information Technology, 11권 2호, 2012, pp. 155-165.
- 이동만, 안현숙, 김효정, "e-비즈니스 채택요인과 성과에 관한 대기업과 중소기업의 차이분석," 정보시스템연구, 2008, 17권 4호, pp. 157-180.
- 이종무, 박철수, 유영관, "IT 도입요소를 고려한 외주 S/W 프로세스품질과 제품품질," 정보시스템연구, 2009. 18권 4호, pp. 131-153. https://doi.org/10.5859/KAIS.2009.18.4.131
- 권종욱, 서민교, 이지석, "전사적자원관리(ERP) 시스템 도입에 관한 이론적 고찰," 인터넷전자상거래연구, 2002, 2권 1호, pp. 1-19.
- 김병곤, 오재인, "ERP 시스템의 성공적 구현에 영향을 미치는 요인," 경영정보학연구, 2002, 12권 2호, pp. 137-162.
- 홍순구, 김종원, 김나랑, "중소제조업체에서의 ERP 도입이기업성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구," 정보시스템연구, 2009, 18권 2호, pp. 61-81.
- 디지털데일리, "쏟아지는 중소기업 IT지원 정책", 2013년 5월 29일. Available : http://www.ddaily. co.kr/news/news_view.php?uid=105148
- 전자신문, "비현실적인 중기 정보화 지원", 2013년 5월 21일. Available : http://www.etnews.com/news/computing/informatization/2769499_1475.html
- Abrahamson, E., and Rosenkopf, L. 1993. "Institutional and Competitive Bandwagons: Using Mathematical Modeling as a Tool to Explore Innovation Diffusion," Academy of management review Vol. 18, No.3, pp. 487-517.
- Barclay, D., Higgins, C.A., and Thompson, R.L. 1995. "The Partial Least Squares (PLS) Approach to Causal Modeling: Personal Computer Adoption and Use as an Illustration," Technology Studies Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 285-309. 1995.
- Baumeister, R.F., Bratslavsky, E., Finkenauer, C. and Vohs, K.D., "Bad Is Stronger Than Good," Review of General Psychology, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 323-370, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/1089-26188.8.131.523
- Cenfetelli, R.T., and Schwarz, A., "Identifying and Testing the Inhibitors of Technology Usage Intentions.," Information Systems Research, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 808-823, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.1100.0295
- Chin, W.W., "Issues and Opinion on Structural Equation Modeling", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp.7-16, 1988.
- Chwelos, P., Benbasat, I., and Dexter, A.S. 2001. "Research Report: Empirical Test of an Edi Adoption Model," Information Systems Research Vol.12, No.3, pp. 304-321. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.12.3.304.9708
- DeLone, W.H., "Determinants of Success for Computer Usage in Small Business," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp.50-61, 1988.
- DeSanctis, G., and Poole, M.S., "Capturing the Complexity in Advanced Technology Use: Adaptive Structuration Theory," Organization Science, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 121-147, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.5.2.121
- DiMaggio and Powell, "The Iron Cage Revisited: Institutional Isomorphism and Collective Rationality in Organizational Fields," American Sociological Review, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 147-160, 1983. https://doi.org/10.2307/2095101
- Dishaw, M.T., Strong, D.M., and Bandy, D.B., "Extending the Task-Technology Fit Model with Self-Efficacy Constructs," Americas Conference on Information Systems, pp. 1021-1027, 2002.
- Falk, R.F., and Miller, N. B., A Primer for Soft Modeling, Akron, OH: University of Akron Press, 1992.
- Flanagin, J. 2000. "Social Pressures on Organizational Website Adoption," Human Communication Research Vol.26, No.4, pp. 618-646. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2958.2000.tb00771.x
- Fornell, C., and Larcker, D, "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No.1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Goodhue, D.L., and Thompson, R.L., "Task-Technology Fit and Individual Performance," MIS Quarterly, pp. 213-236, Vol. 19, No. 2, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/249689
- Gosain, S., "Enterprise Information Systems as Objects and Carriers of Institutional Forces: The New Iron Cage?," Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 151-182, 2004 https://doi.org/10.17705/1jais.00049
- Hannan, T.H., and McDowell, J.M, "The Determinants of Technology Adoption: The Case of the Banking Firm,"The RAND Journal of Economics, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 328-335, 1984. https://doi.org/10.2307/2555441
- Hillman, A.J., Withers, M.C., and Collins, B.J., "Resource Dependence Theory: A Review," Journal of Management, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 1404-1427, 2009.
- Hong, W., and Zhu, K.., "Migrating to Internet-Based E-Commerce: Factors Affecting E-Commerce Adoption and Migration at the Firm Level," Information & Management, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 204-221, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2005.06.003
- Iacovou, C.L., Benbasat, I., and Dexter, A.S. 1995. "Electronic Data Interchange and Small Organizations: Adoption and Impact of Technology," MIS Quarterly Vol.19, No.4, pp. 465-485. https://doi.org/10.2307/249629
- Ives, B., and Jarvenpaa, S.L. "Applications of Global Information Technology: Key Issues for Management," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 33-49, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2307/249433
- Kahneman, D., and Tversky, A., "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Econometrical Journal of the Econometric Society, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 263-291, 1979. https://doi.org/10.2307/1914185
- Kremzar, M.H., and Krezmar, M.K., ERP: Making It Happen: The Implementers' Guide to Success with Enterprise Resource Planning., Wiley, 2002.
- Liang, H., Saraf, N., Hu, Q., and Xue, Y., "Assimilation of Enterprise Systems: The Effect of Institutional Pressures and the Mediating Role of Top Management," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 59-87, 2007. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148781
- Markus, M.L., and Tanis, C., The Enterprise Systems Experience-from Adoption to Success, Framing the Domains of IT Research: Glimpsing the Future through the Past, pp. 173-207, 2000.
- McFarlan, F., McKenney, J., and Pyburn, P., "The Information Archipelago--Plotting a Course," Harvard Business Review, Vol. 61, No. 3, pp. 145-156, 1983.
- Mizruchi, M.S., and Fein, L.C., "The Social Construction of Organizational Knowledge: A Study of the Uses of Coercive, Mimetic, and Normative Isomorphism," Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 653-683, 1999. https://doi.org/10.2307/2667051
- Oliver, C., "Sustainable Competitive Advantage: Combining Institutional and Resource-Based Views," Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 18, No. 9, pp. 697-713, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0266(199710)18:9<697::AID-SMJ909>3.0.CO;2-C
- Parthasarathy, M., and Bhattacherjee, A., "Understanding Post-Adoption Behavior in the Context of Online Services," Information Systems Research, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 362-379, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.9.4.362
- Powell, W.W., The New Institutionalism, the International Encyclopedia of Organization Studies. Thousand Oaks, Ca.: Sage Publishers, 2007.
- Raymond, L. 1985. "Organizational Characteristics and Mis Success in the Context of Small Business," MIS Quarterly Vol.9, No.1, p. 37-52. https://doi.org/10.2307/249272
- Rogers, E.M., Diffusion of Innovations, Free Press, 1983.
- Seddon, P.B. and Shang, S.,. "A Comprehensive Framework for Classifying the Benefits of ERP Systems," Americas Conference on Information Systems, pp. 1005-1014, 2000.
- Son, J.Y., and Kim, S.S., "Internet Users' Information Privacy-Protective Responses: A Taxonomy and A No-mological Model," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 503-529, 2008. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148854
- Teo, H.-H., Wei, K.K., and Benbasat, I., "Predicting Intention to Adopt Interorganizational Linkages: An Institutional Perspective," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 19-49, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036518
- 중소기업청, Available : http://www.smba.go.kr
- Adam, F., and O'Doherty, P., ERP Projects: Good or Bad for SMEs, in Second-Wave Enterprise Resource Planning Systems: Implementing for Effectiveness, G. Shanks, P. B. Seddon, and L. P. Willcocks (Eds.), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, pp. 275-298, 2003.
- Davis, F.D., "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of Information Technology," MIS Quarterly, pp. 319-340, 1989.
- Fink, R.C., Edelman, L.F., Hatten, K.J., and James, W.L., "Transaction Cost Economics, Resource Dependence Theory, and Customer-Supplier Relationships," Industrial and Corporate Change, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 497-529, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1093/icc/dtl008
- Guler, I., Guillen, M.F., and Macpherson, J.M., "Global Competition, Institutions, and the Diffusion of Organizational Practices: The International Spread of ISO 9000 Quality Certificates,"Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 207-232, 2002. https://doi.org/10.2307/3094804
- Kumar, K., and van Hillegersberg, J., "Enterprise Resource Planning: Introduction," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 22-26, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1145/332051.332063
- Meyer, W. and Rowan, B., "Institutional organizations: formal structure as myth and ceremony," American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 83, No. 2, pp. 340-363, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1086/226550
- Pfeffer, J. and Salancik, G.R.., The External Control of Organizations: A Resource Dependence Perspective. Stanford University Press, 2003.
- Shank, M., and Boynton, A. 1985. "Critical Success Factor Analysis as a Methodology for Mis Planning," MIS Quarterly Vol.9, No.2, p. 121-129. https://doi.org/10.2307/249113
- Thong, J.Y. 1999. "An Integrated Model of Information Systems Adoption in Small Businesses," Journal of management information systems Vol. 15, No.4, pp. 187-214. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.1999.11518227
- Tolbert, P., & Zucker, L., The institutionalization of institutional theory. In S. Clegg, C. Hardy, & W. Nord (Eds.), Handbook of organization studies: 175-190. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 1996
- Hu, Q., and Quan, J., "The Institutionalization of It Budgeting: Empirical Evidence from the Financial Sector, " Information Resources Management Journal, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 84-97, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4018/irmj.2006010105
- The impact of ISP, BPR, and customization on ERP performance in manufacturing SMEs of Korea vol.10, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1108/APJIE-12-2016-008