- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Parenting Stress in Mothers of Premature Infants
미숙아를 출산한 어머니의 양육스트레스
- Hwang, Hyun-Sook (College of Nursing, Yonsei University) ;
- Kim, Hee-Soon (The Nursing Policy Research Institute, College of Nursing, Yonsei University) ;
- Yoo, Il-Young (The Nursing Policy Research Institute, College of Nursing, Yonsei University) ;
- Shin, Hyun-Sook (College of Nursing, Kyunghee University)
- Received : 2013.01.18
- Accepted : 2013.01.22
- Published : 2013.01.31
Purpose: The purposes of this study were to assess the parenting stress in mothers of premature infants and stress related characteristics of mothers and infants. Methods: The methodology was a cross sectional survey study using self-report questionnaires. Participants in this study were 36 mothers of infants with corrected ages of 4 months to 12 months who were born prematurely. Data were analyzed using t-test, ANOVA, and Pearson correlation with the SPSS WIN 19.0 program. Results: The mean score for parenting stress in mothers of premature infants was
- Abidin, R. R. (1990). Parenting stress index-short form. Charlotteville, VA: Pediatric Psychology Press.
- Ahn, Y. M. (2004). The Effects of the systemic follow up health care program on the health promotion and the risk reduction in premature infants and their mothers. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 34, 1129-1142.
- Beck, A. T. (1967). Depression: Clinical, experimental, and theoretical aspects. New York, NY: Harper & Row Publisher INC.
- Chon, K. K., & Kim, K. H. (2003). Life stress and coping styles of korean housewives. Journal of Korean Psychological Association Health, 8, 1-39.
- Crnic, K. A., Greenberg, M. T., Ragozin, A. S., Robinson, N. M., & Basham, R. B. (1983). Effects of stress and social support on mothers and preterm and fullterm infants. Child Development, 54, 209-217. https://doi.org/10.2307/1129878
- Han, H. M., Yum, T. H., Shin, Y. W., Kim, K. H., Yoon, D. H., and Chung, K. J. (1986). A standardization study of Beck depression inventory in Korea. Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, 25, 487-502.
- Hopper, A. (2000). Sources of stress for parents of a sick neonate: A literature review. Pediatric Nursing, 12(4), 29-32.
- Kim, J. S., & Shin, H. S. (2010). Effects of a discharge education program using on-line community for parents of premature infants. Journal of Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing, 16, 344-351. http://dx.doi. org/10.4094/jkachn.2010.16.4.344 https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2010.16.4.344
- Kim, M. Y., & Park, D. Y. (2009). Parenting stress, depression and verbal abuse of infant's mothers. Journal of Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing, 15, 375-382. http://dx.doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2009.15.4.375 https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2009.15.4.375
- Kim, S. J., & Jeong, G. H. (1995). Mothers' perception of their normal and high-risk newborn during the early postpartum period. Korean Journal of Child Health Nursing, 1, 5-15.
- Kim, S. Y., and Kwon, M. K. (2005). A comparative study on infant's temperament & parenting stress by premature & full-term infant's mother. Joural of Academic Society of Parent-Child Health, 8, 123-136.
- Korean Society of Neonatology. (2008). Manual of Neonatal Care (2nd ed). Seoul: Kwangmun.
- Lederman, R. P., Weigarten, C. G. & Lederman, E. (1981). Postpartum self-evaluation questionnaire, Measures of maternal adaptation. Birth Defect, 12, 201-231.
- Lee, E. S. (1992). Maternal role attainment of primiparous during the postpartum period. Journal of Korean Society of Women Health Nursing, 2, 5-20.
- Lee, K. H. (1982). The study of mother's nursing need and perceived her role during puerperium period. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 12, 67-79.
- Mercer, R. T. (1981). Theoretical framework for study factors that impact on the maternal role. Nursing Research, 30, 73-77.
- Peter, H. G., Dawn, M. E., Michael, J. O., and Monica, C. (2012). Parenting stress in mothers of preterm infants during early infancy. Early Human Development, 88, 45-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.earlhumdev.2011.06.014
- Quitter, A. I., Giueckauf, R. I., & Jackson, D. N. (1990). Chronic parenting stress: Moderating versus mediating eorts of social supports. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 19, 329-336.
- Statistics of birth data. (2011, Feburuary 27). Statistic Korea. Retrieved August 23, 2012, from http://www.kostat.go.kr#National.
- Walker, L. O., Crain, H., & ompson, E. (1986). Maternal role attainment and identity in the postpartum period: stability and change. Nursing Research, 35, 68-71.