- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Predicting Factors of Developmental Delay in Infant and Early Children
일 지역 보건소 내원 영유아의 발달지연의심 예측요인
- Ju, Hyeon-Ok (Department of Nursing, Dong-A University) ;
- Park, Yu-Kyung (College of Nursing, Dong-A University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Won (College of Nursing, Dong-A University)
- Received : 2012.12.29
- Accepted : 2013.01.17
- Published : 2013.01.31
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to investigate factors associated with suspicious developmental delay in infants and early childhood. Methods: Participants were 133 infants, aged from birth to 6 years old and their mothers, who were being seen at 16 Public health centers in B city. Korean Denver II was used to test infant development.
Supported by : Dong-A University
- American Academy of Pediatrics. (2001). Developmental surveillance and screening of infants and young children. Pediatrics, 108, 192-196. http:// dx.doi.org/10.1542/peds.108.1.192 https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.108.1.192
- Anderson, L. M., Shinn, C., Fullilove, M. T., Scrimshaw, S. C., Fielding, J. E., Normand, J., et al. (2003). The effectiveness of early childhood development programs: A systematic review. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 24(3), 32-46. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0749-3797(02)00655-4. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-3797(02)00655-4
- Bang, K. S. (2001). Eects of maternal role education program on the mother- infant interaction and infant development. Korean Journal of Child Health Nursing, 7, 21-34.
- Bang, K. S., Kim, Y. S., Park, J. W., & Lee, H. J. (2002). Analysis on the results of developmental screening test in one public health center. Korean Journal of Child Health Nursing, 8, 302-312.
- Bradley, R. H., Corwyn, R. F., McAdoo, H. P., & Coll, C. G. (2001). The home environments of children in the United States part I: variations by age, ethnicity, and poverty status. Child Development, 72, 1844-1867. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8624.t01-1-00382
- Burger, K. (2010). How does early childhood care and education affect cognitive development? An international review of the eects of early interventions for children from dierent social backgrounds. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 25, 140-165. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecresq. 2009.11.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecresq.2009.11.001
- Cho, W. J., Oh, K. S., Kim, E. S., Kim, I. S., Seo, H. M., Ham, O. K., et al. (2002). Development of a community-based nursing center model: Focused on health promotion of infant & toddler. Journal of the Korean Community Nursing, 13, 795-807.
- Duncan, G. J., Brooks-Gunn, J., & Klebanov, P. K. (1994). Economic deprivation and early childhood development. Child Development, 65, 296-318. http://www.jstor.org/stable/1131385 https://doi.org/10.2307/1131385
- Eun, B. L., Kim, S. W., Kim, Y. K., Kim, J. W., Moon, J. S., Park, S. K., et al. (2007). Introduction of national health screening program for infant and children. Journal of the Korea Child Neurology Society, 15, 142-147.
- Frankenburg, W. K. (1994). Preventing developmental delays: Is developmental screening sucient? Pediatrics, 93, 586-593.
- Han, K. J. (1997). e study on the maternal burden of caretaking, the support and educational need for the caretaking activities of the infants' mother. Korean Journal of Child Health Nursing, 3, 228-239.
- Han, K. J., Bang, K. S., & Yun, S. N. (2001). The study on the model development and analysis of 'child growth and developmental clinic'-focusing on the public health center-. Journal of the Korean Community Nursing, 12, 49-59.
- Hwang, M. N. (2006). Technical support and developmental strategies of growth and developmental screening program for infants and children in health centers. Seoul: Korea Institute for Health and Social Aairs.
- Ju, H. O. (2008). Growth and development in infants and children born prematurely who were registered at the public health center in G city. Journal of Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing, 14, 44-52.
- Kim, H. J., Bang, K. S., Yoo, J. S., Kim, H. S., Tak, Y. J., & Huh, B. Y. (2011). A study to assess the need of customized visiting health care services for children according to socioeconomic status in a province. Journal Korean Academy Community Health Nursing, 22, 212-222.
- Kim, K. E. (2012). Maternal perceived social support and parental involvement and their children's cognitive development. The Korean Journal of the Human Development, 19, 1-17.
- Kim, T. I., Kim, M. J., Kwon, Y. J., & Jun, M. K. (2010). Evaluation of physical growth and developmental status of infants and children of married immigrant women in rural areas. Journal of Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing, 16, 164-174. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.4094/jkachn.2010.16.2.164 https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2010.16.2.164
- Kim, Y. H., Kwon, B. S., Nam, H. K., An, M. S., Yang, Y. O., Oh, S. E., et al. (2010). Wong's essentials pediatric nursing. Seoul: Hyunmoon Co.
- Lee, G. (2000). The seoul infant developmental screening test. Journal of the Korean Pediatric Association, 43, 335-343.
- Miller, L. J., & McNulty, B. A. (1994). Journey to a desirable future: A values- based model of infant and toddler assessment. Zero to ree, 14(6), 23-27.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare. (2012, April 1). Life style/Health promotion/ Infant health care. Retrieved September 5, 2012, from http://www.mw. go.kr/front_new/jc/sjc0104mn.jsp? PAR_MENU_ID=06&MENU_ ID=060404
- Moon, J. S., Kim, J. Y., Chang, S. H., Choi, K. H., Yang, H. R., Seo, J. K., et al. (2008). Development of a nutrition questionnaire and guidelines for the korea national health screening program for infants and children. Journal of the Korean Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, 11, 42-55.
- Moon, J. Y. (2010). Review of national health screening program for infant and children in Korea. Journal of the Korean Medical Association, 53, 377-385. http://dx.doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2010.53.5.377 https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2010.53.5.377
- Nelson, C. A. (2000). The neurological bases of early intervention. In J. P. Shonkoff & S. J. Meisels (2nd ed.). Handbook of early childhood intervention, (pp. 204-227). New york, NY: Cambridge University Press.
- Park, O. J., Lee, M. J., Kim, J. H., Min, S. H., & Lee, H. S. (2009). The effect of nutrition plus program among 0-5 year children in the Yeojoo area: The improvement in nutritional status of children aer nutrition supplement of children and nutrition education in parents/guardians. Journal of Community Nutrition, 14, 767-776.
- Shin, H. S., Han, K. J., Oh, G. S., Oh, J. J., & Ha, M. N. (2002). A guide book of Korean Denver II. Seoul: Hyunmoon Co.