- Volume 46 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Source-Sink Partitioning of Mineral Nutrients and Photo-assimilates in Tomato Plants Grown under Suboptimal Nutrition
- Sung, Jwakyung (Division of Soil and Fertilizer Management, NAAS, RDA) ;
- Lee, Suyeon (Division of Soil and Fertilizer Management, NAAS, RDA) ;
- Lee, Yejin (Division of Soil and Fertilizer Management, NAAS, RDA) ;
- Yun, Hongbae (Division of Soil and Fertilizer Management, NAAS, RDA) ;
- Ha, Sangkeun (Division of Soil and Fertilizer Management, NAAS, RDA) ;
- Ok, Yongsik (Department of Biological Environment, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2013.11.05
- Accepted : 2013.12.11
- Published : 2013.12.31
A huge number of greenhouse soils in Korea have accumulated mineral elements which induce many nutritional and pathological problems. The present study was performed to the effects of the reduced fertilization on plant growth, and uptake and partitioning of minerals (N, P, K) and soluble carbohydrates using highly minerals-accumulated farmer's greenhouse soil. On the basis of the recommended application for tomato crop, the application rates of N, P and K were 110(50%)-5.2(5%)-41.5(35%)kg
- Atallah T., T. Darwish, and M. El Moujabber. 2002. Modality of fertigation of protected cucumber and nitrogen use efficiency under field conditions. In Water Balance: Fertigation for Crop Improvement in West Asia. Results of a Technical Cooperation Project, IAEA-TECDOC-1266, Ed. International Atomic Energy Agency, pp. 41-48. IAEA, Vienna.
- Atallah T., T. Darwish, and R. Ward. 2000 Modality of fertigation of protected cucumber and nitrogen use efficiency in closed systems. Leb. Sci. J., 1:27-32.
- Cakmak, I., Ch. Hengeler, and H. Marshner. 1994. Partitioning of shoot and root dry matter and carbohydrates in bean plants suffering from phosphorus, potassium and magnesium deficiency. Journal of Experimental Botany 45:1245-1250. https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/45.9.1245
Cakmak, I. 1994. Activity of ascorbate-dependent
$H_2O_2$-scavenging enzymes and leaf chlorosis are enhanced in magnesium- and potassium-deficient leaves, but not in phosphorus-deficient leaves. Journal of Experimental Botany 45:1259-1266. https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/45.9.1259
- Cannell, M.G.R. and R.C. Dewar. 1994. Carbon allocation in trees: a review of concepts for modeling. Advances in Ecological Research 25:60-102.
- Dewar, R.C. 1993. A root-shoot partitioning model based on carbon-nitrogen-water interactions and Münch phloem flow. Functional Ecology 7:356-368. https://doi.org/10.2307/2390216
- Drew, M.C. and L.R. Saker. 1984. Uptake and long-distance transport of phosphate, potassium and chloride in relation to internal ion concentrations in barley: evidence of non-allosteric regulation. Planta 160:500-507. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00411137
Drew, M.C., J. Webb, and L.R. Saker. 1990. Regulation of
$K^+$uptake and transport to the xylem in barley roots: $K^+$distribution determined by electron probe X-ray microanalysis of frozen-hydrated cells. Journal of Experimental Botany 41:815-822. https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/41.7.815
- Drew, M.C., L.R. Saker, S.A. Barber, and W. Jenkins. 1984. Changes in the kinetics of phosphate and potassium absorption in nutrient-deficient barley roots measured by a solution-depletion technique. Planta 160:490-499. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00411136
- Fredeen, A.L., I.M. Rao, and N. Terry. 1989. Influence of phosphorus nutrition on growth and carbon partitioning in Glycine max. Plant Physiology 89:225-230. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.89.1.225
- Fischer, E.S. and E. Bremer. 1993. Influence of magnesium deficiency on rates of leaf-expansion, starch and sucrose accumulation, and net assimilation in Phaseolus vulgaris. Physiologia Plantarum 89:271-276. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-3054.1993.tb00153.x
- Lewin, S.A., H.A. Mooney, and C. Field. 1989. The dependence of plant root:shoot ratios on internal nitrogen concentration. Annals of Botany 64:71-75.
- NAAS. 2010. Standard fertilization by crops. pp. 64.
- Peuke, A.D. and W.D. Jeschke. 1993. The uptake and flow of C, N and ions between roots and shoots in Ricinus communis L. I. Grown with ammonium or nitrate as nitrogen source. Journal of Experimental Botany 44:1167-1176. https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/44.7.1167
- Sung, J.K., S.M. Lee, S.Y. Lee, R.Y. Kim, Y.J. Lee, H.B. Yun, S.K. Ha, and B.H. Song. 2013. Effect of suboptimal nutritional status on mineral uptake and carbohydrate metabolism in tomato plants. Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 46 (in press). https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2013.46.5.351
- Yu, H.Y., T.X. Li, and J.M. Zhou. 2004. Salt accumulation, translocation and ion composition in greenhouse soil profiles. Plant Nutr. Ferti. Sci., 41:822-826.
- NAAS. 2012. The report: Monitoring project on agro-environmental quality. pp. 50-51.