- Volume 46 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Methane (CH4) Emissions from Rice Paddy and Crop Residues Burning in 2011 with the IPCC Guideline Methodology
- Choi, Eun Jung (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, Jong Sik (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Jeong, Hyun Cheol (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Gun Yeob (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- So, Kyu Ho (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA)
- Received : 2013.11.13
- Accepted : 2013.11.28
- Published : 2013.12.31
Rice cultivation in the paddy field and the burning of crop residues have been identified as the important sources of methane emission in agricultural sector. This study aimed at assessment of the methane emission from croplands in the year of 2011 with the IPCC guideline methodology. Methane from rice cultivation was emitted 6,813
Supported by : Rural Development Administration
- Braatz, B. V. and K. B. Hogan. 1991. Sustainable rice productivity and methane reduction research plan. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Officer of Air and Radiation. Washington D.C. 61p.
- IPCC. 1996. IPCC guidelines for national greenhouse gas inventories.
- IPCC. 2000. Good Practice Guidance and uncertainty management in national greenhouse gas inventories.
- IPCC. 2006. IPCC guidelines for national greenhouse gas inventories.
Jeong, H.C., G.Y. Kim, K.H. So, K.M. Shim, S.B. Lee and D.B. Lee. 2010. Assessment on Greenhouse gas (
$CH_4$) Emissions in Korea Cropland sector from 1990 to 2008. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43(6):911-916
- Khalil M.A.K. and M.J. Shearer. 2006. Decreasing emissions of methane from rice agriculture. International Congress Series. 1293:33-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ics.2006.03.003
- MIFAFF. 2012. Food, agricultural, forestry and fisheries statistical yearbook. Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. Seoul Korea.
- Naser, H.M., Nagata, O., Tamura, S. and Hatano R. 2007. Methane emissions from five paddy fields with different amounts of rice straw application in central Hokkaido, JAPAN. 53:95-101. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1747-0765.2007.00105.x
- NIR. 2012. National Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report of Korea. Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Research Center of Korea.
- Park M.E. and S.H. Yun. 2002. Scientific basis for establishing country CH4 emission estimates for rice-based agriculture: A Korea (south) case study. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems. 64:11-17. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1021123420348
- Yan X. T. Ohara and H. Akimoto. 2003. Development of region-specific emission factors and estimation of methane from rice fields in the east, southeast and south asian countries. Global Change Biology. 9:237-254. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2486.2003.00564.x