- Volume 46 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effect of Slurry Composting Biofiltration (SCB) Liquid Manure on Shoot Growth and Fruit Qualities of Peach (Prunus persica L.) and Soil Chemical Properties in Orchard
- Park, Jin Myeon (Horticultural & Herbal Crop Environment Division, Narional Insititute of Horticultural & Herbal Science) ;
- Lee, Seong Eun (Horticultural & Herbal Crop Environment Division, Narional Insititute of Horticultural & Herbal Science) ;
- Lim, Tae Jun (Horticultural & Herbal Crop Environment Division, Narional Insititute of Horticultural & Herbal Science) ;
- Noh, Jae Seung (Horticultural & Herbal Crop Environment Division, Narional Insititute of Horticultural & Herbal Science)
- Received : 2013.09.24
- Accepted : 2013.11.24
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study was carried out to investigate the effect of slurry composting and biofiltration (SCB) liquid manure application on shoot growth, fruit qualities and soil chemical properties in peach orchard. SCB liquid manure was fertigated ten times from April to October in SCB plot, whereas chemical fertilizer was treated two times as basal and additional fertilizers in control plot. The shoot growth, leaf nitrogen and potassium content, soil exchangeable K, fruit weight and yield were higher in SCB plot than in control. Soluble solid content and acidity, soil organic matter, soil available phosphate and soil exchangeable Mg showed no significant difference between treatments, and the leaf calcium and magnesium content were lower in SCB plot than in control. In conclusion, fertigating SCB liquid manure in peach orchard has positive effects on fruit weight and yield, and it is suggested that periodical soil testing is needed because of the possibility of K accumulation in SCB liquid manure treated soil when the orchard is fertigated based on the soil nitrogen content.
Supported by : RDA
- Ceotto, E. and P. Spallacci. 2006. Pig slurry applications to alfalfa: Productivity, solar radiation utilization, N and P removal. Field Crops Research. 95:135-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2005.02.005
- Kang, S.S, M.K. Kim, S.I. Kwon, M.S. Kim, S.W. Yoon, S.G. Ha, and Y.H. Kim. 2011a. The effect of application levels of slurry composting and biofiltration liquid fertilizer on soil chemical properties and growth of radish and corn. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(6):1306-1313. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.6.1306
- Kang, H.J., S.H. Yang, and S.C. Lee. 2011b. Effects of liquid pig manure on growth of potato, soil chemical properties and infiltration water quality. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(6):1130-1136. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.6.1130
- Kwon, Y.H., U. Lee, S.I. Hwang, and E.S. Baik. 2009. The characteristics of growth and fruiting in chestnut trees by SCB (Slurry composting and biofiltration) liquid fertilizer. Jour. Korean For. Soc. 98(6):676-680.
- Lee, U, S.I. Hwang, M.J. Kim, and J.H. Kim. 2011. Growth and fruiting characteristics, and nut qualities of Castanea crenata by low-concentrated liquid fertilizer. Jour. Korean For. Soc. 100(3):432-440.
- Lim, T.J., S.D. Hong, S.H. Kim, and J.M. Park. 2008. Evaluation of yield and quality from red pepper for application rates of pig slurry composting biofilatration. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 27(2):171-177. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2008.27.2.171
- Lim, T.J., S.D. Hong, S.B. Kang, and J.M. Park. 2009. Evaluation of preplant optimum application rates of pig slurry composting biofiltration for chinese cabbage. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 27:572-577.
- Ministry of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs (MAFRA). 2013. Medium and long term livestock manure recycling counterplan.
- NIAST. 2000. Methods of soil chemical analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, Sammikihoek, Suwon, Korea.
- Park, J.M., T.J. Lim, S.B. Kang, I.B. Lee, and Y.I. Kang. 2010. Effect of pig slurry fertigation on soil chemical properties and yield of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43(5):488-493.
- Park, J.M., T.J. Lim, S.E. Lee, and I.B. Lee. 2011. Effect of pig slurry fertigation on soil chemical properties and growth and development of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.). Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(2):194-199. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.2.194
- Park, J.M., T.J. Lim, and S.E. Lee. 2012. Effect of pig slurry application on the mineral content of leaf, fruit quality and soil chemical properties in pear orchard. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45(2):209-214. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.2.209
- Ro, H.M., L.S. Kim, M.J. Lee, H.J. Choi, and C.H. Park. 2008a. Soil moisture regime affects variation patterns in concentration of inorganic nitrogen from liquid swine manure during aerobic incubation. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 41(1):34-37.
- Ro, H.M., H.J. Choi, S.I. Yun, M.J. Lee, J.M. Kim, H.L. Choi, and K. Zhu. 2008b. Growth of chinese cabbage and losses of non-point sources from runoff and leaching in soils as affected by anaerobically digested liquid pig slurry. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 41:112-117.
- Rural Development Adminstration (RDA). 1999. Manufacturing and appling of compost and liquid fertilizer with swine slurry. Munyoungdang. Suwon. Korea.
- Rural Development Adminstration (RDA). 2010. Fertilization Standard of Crop Plants. Sangroksa. Suwon, Korea.
- Rural Development Adminstration (RDA). 2012. Quality control and appling of compost and liquid fertilizer with swine slurry. Sangroksa. Suwon. Korea.
- Seo, Y.H., M.S. Ahn, A.S. Kang, and Y.S. Jung. 2011. Influence of continuous application of low-concentration swine slurry on soil properties and yield of tomato and cucumber in a greenhouse. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(5):773-778. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.5.773
- Tani, M., N. Sakamoto., T. Kishimoto, and K. Umetsu. 2006. Utilization of anaerobically digested dairy slurry combined with other wastes following application to agricultural land. International Congress Series. 1293:331-334. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ics.2006.03.013
- Won, S.N., K.R. Jo, and K.Y. Park. 2002. Effect of livestock liquid fertilizer (pig slurry) appling in pear orchard. pp. 634-645. In Research report of gyeonggi-do agricultural research. Gyeonggi-Do Agricultural Research & Extension Services. Hwasung, Korea.
- Effect of cover crop species and SCB liquid manure application on leaf mineral content, fruit quality, and soil chemical properties in an Asian pear (Pyrus pyrifolia) orchard pp.1146, 2016, https://doi.org/10.17660/ActaHortic.2016.1146.7
- Effect of Slurry Composting and Bio-filtration (SCB) by Fertigation on Soil Chemical Properties and Growth of Red Pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) vol.48, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2015.48.5.404