- Volume 46 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Agricultural Nutrient Surplus in Pig-concentrated Region in Korea
- Lee, Yejin (Soil and Fertilizer division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Yun, Hong-Bae (Soil and Fertilizer division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA)
- Received : 2013.10.24
- Accepted : 2013.11.18
- Published : 2013.12.31
Assessment of nutrient balance in region unit is important to make a decision on nutrient management in agriculture. In this study, the nutrient demand in arable land and nutrient supply from livestock manure and chemical fertilizer were estimated from pig-concentrated areas. Three regions (H, I and J) were selected on the basis of pig numbers per unit area of arable land. In H and I regions, nitrogen amount from pig manure occupied about 50% of total livestock manure. Nutrient supply was three times higher compared to the nutrient demand in each of 3 regions. Soil available phosphate of higher pig-populated area in regional unit was higher than less populated livestock area. Therefore, livestock manure-derived regional management and monitoring of soil nutrient contents is necessary for the minimization and improvement of nutrient surplus.
Pig concentration region;Nutrient surplus;Livestock manure
Supported by : 국립농업과학원
- Kang, C.S., A.S. Roh, J.W. Lim, K.Y. Park and Y.K. Kim. 2008. Study on the evaluation of nutrient balance by the production of livestock excretion in the Paldang area in Gyeonggi-do. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43:91-92.
- Kim, C.G. and T.Y. Kim. 2005. Directions for linkages between policy measures and the OECD agricultural environmental indicators. Korean J. Environ. Agri. 24(3):303-313. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2005.24.3.303
- Kim, P.J., Y.B. Lee, Y. Lee, H.B. Yun and K.D. Lee. 2008. Evaluation of livestock manure utilization rates as agricultural purpose in developed OECD countries by using nutrient balanes. Korean J. Environ. Agri. 27(4):337-342. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2008.27.4.337
- Lee, Y., H.B. Yun and Y.B. Lee. 2008. Estimation of nitrogen loss from pilot and large scale composting by ammonia measurement and N/P ratio changes. Bulgarian J. of Ecological Sci. 7(4):13-15.
- Lee, Y., H.B. Yun, J.S. Noh and J.K. Cho. 2006. Construction of regional nutritional information system for nutrient management. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 39:129.
- Lee, Y., S.C. Kim and Y.H. Park. 2002. Development of nutrient balance indicatior, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- MFAFF. 2010. Agricultural and forestry statistical yearbook. Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Korea.
- NAAS. 2010. Fertilization standard on crops(Revised ed.). National Academy of Agricultural Science, Suwon, Korea.
- NIAS. 2008. The study of re-establish the amount and major compositions of manure from livestock. RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- NIAST. 2000. Method of soil and plant analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Roh, A.S., C.S. Kang, J.S. Park and S.K. Kim. 2010. GIS program for environment-friendly management of livestock wastes. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45:351-352.
- Song, J.H., C.K. Kim, D. Heo and S.J. Lim. 2004. A study on the introduction of regional maximum load system of liestock numbers, KREI, Seoul, Korea.