- Volume 46 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Cutting Frequency and Liquid Manure Application on Green Manure Production of Rye and Hairy Vetch in Pear Orchard
- Lee, Seong Eun (Horticultural & Herbal Crop Environment Division, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science) ;
- Park, Jin Myeon (Horticultural & Herbal Crop Environment Division, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science) ;
- Noh, Jae Seung (Horticultural & Herbal Crop Environment Division, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science) ;
- Lim, Tae Jun (Horticultural & Herbal Crop Environment Division, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science) ;
- Choi, Dong Geun (Department of Horticulture, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2013.08.01
- Accepted : 2013.09.09
- Published : 2013.10.31
Many organic fruit growers adopt cover cropping in their orchards to improve soil properties. A field experiment was conducted to determine the effects of cutting frequency of cover crop (CF) and liquid manure application (LM) on green manure production (GMP) and returnable nutrient content (RNC) in pear orchard. The combined effects of CF and LM were tested at two levels, respectively, with liquid manure (
Supported by : RDA
- Ghosheh, H.Z., E.Y. Bsoul, and A.Y. Abdullah. 2004. Utilization of alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) as a smother crop in field corn (Zea mays L.). J. Sustain. Agric. 25:5-17.
- Hartwig, N.L. and L.D. Hoffman. 1975. Suppression of perennial legume and grass cover crops for no-tillage corn. Proc. Northeast. Weed Sci. Soc. 29:82-88.
- Hoghjensen, H. and J.K. Schjoerring. 1994. Measurement of biological dinitrogen fixation in grassland - comparison of the enriched N-15 dilution and the natural N-15 abundance methods at different nitrogen application rates and defoliation frequencies. Plant Soil 166:153-163. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00008328
- Hooda, P.S., N. Moynagh, I.F. Svoboda, and H.A. Anderson. 1998. A comparitive study of nitrate leaching form intensively managed monoculture grass and grass-clover pastures. J. Agric. Sci. 131:267-275. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021859698005863
- Lee, S.E., J.M. Park, and D.G. Choi. 2012. Effect of SCB liquid manure application in pear orchard managed by cover crop system on tree growth, potential nutrient recovery and soil physicochemical properties. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45:779-786. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.5.779
- Moller, E., S.B. Hostrup, and B. Boelt. 1997. Yield and quality of fodder galega (Galega orientalis Lam.) at different harvest managements compared with lucerne (Medicago sativa L.). Acta Agric. Scand. Sect. B-Soil Plant Sci. 47:89-97.
- NIAST. 1988. Methods of soil chemical analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Pandey, C.B., S.K. Chaudhari, J.C. Dagar, J.C. Singh, and R.K. Singh. 2010. Soil N mineralization and microbial biomass carbon affected by different tillage levels in a hot humid tropic. Soil Tillage Res. 110:33-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.still.2010.06.007
- Raese, J.T., S.R. Drake, and E.A. Curry. 2007. Nitrogen fertilizer influences fruit quality, soil nutrients and cover crops, leaf color and nitrogen content, biennial bearing and cold hardiness of 'Golden Delicious'. Journal of Plant Nutrition 30: 1585-1604. https://doi.org/10.1080/01904160701615483
- Shinners, K.J., G.C. Boettcher, R.E. Muck, P.J. Weimer, and M.D. Casler. 2010. Harvest and storage of two perennial grasses as biomass feedstocks. Trans. ASABE 53:359-370. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.29566