- Volume 27 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Correlation of Odorous Compounds and Odor Substance occurring in Septic Tank and Sewer Pipe
하수관거 및 정화조에서 발생하는 악취물질이 복합악취에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Received : 2012.11.14
- Accepted : 2013.03.08
- Published : 2013.04.15
This study aims to analysis correlation in septic tank and sewer pipe between odor substances and complex odor. For the analysis, convert odor substances to odor intensity, and estimate the effect of odor substances on complex odor. As a result, both Hydrogen sulfide and Methyl mercaptane of specified offensive odor substances accounted for 29 percent of the effect of odor substances on complex odor. Hydrogen sulfide and Methyl mercaptane are major cause of odor from septic tank and sewer pipe. The result of this study is suggested to be used as a preliminary data for research on analysis complex odor and odor substances.
Supported by : 한국건설기술연구원
- National Institute of Environmental Research(2007), Odor Standard Method
- Gyeongik Kil, Geoncheol Shin and Jiyeol Lim(2010), Investigation of Odor Release from Combined Sewer, Journal of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, 10(6), pp.185-191.
- Sangjin Park, Seontae Kim, Mindo Lee and Jinseok Han(2010), A Study on the Measurement of Odor Threshold Value of the Specified Offensive Odor Substances , Journal of Korean Society of Odor Research and Engineering, 9(4), pp.192-195.
- Sangjin Park, Yongjae Lim, Mindo Lee and Jinseok Han(2009), A Study of the Correlation Between the Odor Intensity and Dilution Factor of Sulfur Compounds , Journal of Korean Society of Odor Research and Engineering, 8(4), pp.209-214.
- Daewoong Hong, Sujeong Kim, Dongho Moon, Changhan Joo, Jongpil Lee(2007), Emission Characteristics of Odor Compounds from a livestock Wastewater Treatment Process , Journal of Korean Society of Odor Research and Engineering, 6(1), pp.1-9.
- Ministry of Environment(2004), Offensive Odor Control Law
- Ministry of Environment(2007), Odor control task manual
- Ministry of Environment(2011,a), A Study for Establishment of 2050 Sewer policy
- Ministry of Environment(2011,b), A Study of Construction of Technology Roadmap Road Map evelopment of for Odor Control in Sewer
- Hvitved-Jacobsen, T., Vollertsen, H., and Nielsen, A. H., (2001), SEWER PROCESSES ; Microbial and Chemical Process Engineering of Sewer Networks, CRC Press.
- Jensen, H. S., Lens, P. N., Nielsen, J. L., Bester, K., Nielsen, A. H., Hvitved-Jacobsen, T., and Vollertsen, J., 2011, Growth Kinetics of Hydrogen Sulfide Oxidizing Bacteria in Corroded Concrete from Sewers Sewers, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 189, pp.685-691. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2011.03.005
- Nielsen, A. H., Hvitved-Jacobsen, and T., Vollertsen, J., 2005, Kinetics and Stoichiometry of Sulfide Oxidation by Sewer Biofilms, Water Reseatch, 39, pp.4119-4125. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2005.07.031
- Microbial electrochemical septic tanks (MESTs): An alternative configuration with improved performance and minimal modifications on conventional septic systems vol.120, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bej.2017.01.003