- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A process diagnosis method for membrane water treatment plant using a constant flux membrane fouling model
정유량 막여과 파울링 모델을 이용한 막여과 정수 플랜트 공정 진단 기법
- Received : 2013.01.13
- Accepted : 2013.02.14
- Published : 2013.02.15
A process diagnosis method for membrane water treatment plant was developed using a constant flux membrane fouling model. This diagnosis method can be applied to a real-field membrane-based water treatment plant as an early alarming system for membrane fouling. The constant flux membrane fouling model was based on the simplest equation form to describe change in trans-membrane pressure (TMP) during the filtration cycle from a literature. The model was verified using a pilot-scale microfiltraton (MF) plant with two commercial MF membrane modules (72 m2 of membrane area). The predicted TMP data were produced using the model, where the modeling parameters were obtained by the least square method using the early plant data and modeling equations. The diagnosis was carried out by comparing the predicted TMP data (as baseline) and real plant data. As a result of the case study, the diagnsis method worked pretty well to predict the early points where fouling started to occur.
membrane water treatment plant;process diagnosis;constant flux;membrane fouling model
- Hwang , Y.J., Lim, J.L., Choi, Y.J., Wang, C.G. (2009) Effect of coagulation on ceramic microfiltration membrane fouling, Journal of the Korean Water and Wastewater, 23(4), 459-469.
- Chellam, S., Cogan, N.G. (2011) Colloidal and bacterial fouling during constant flux microfiltration: Comparison of classical blocking laws with a unified model combining pore blocking and EPS secretion, J. Membr. Sci., 382, 148-157. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.memsci.2011.08.001
- Grace, H.P. (1956) Structure and performance of filter media, AIChE J. 2, 307-315. https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690020307
- Ho, C. C., Zydney, A.L. (2002) Transmembrane pressure profiles during constant flux microfiltration of bovine serum albumin, J. Membr. Sci., 209, 363-377. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0376-7388(02)00282-X
- K-water (2008) Development of high efficiency advanced drinking water treatment technologies for producing high quality drinking water, Report ID: KIWE-WRC-08-10, Korea Water Resources Corporation, Korea.
- Kim, C.H., Lim, J.L., Lee, B.G., Chae, S.H., Park, M.G., Park, S.H. (2007) Characterization of membrane fouling and its optimal chemical cleaning method in MF process using D dam water, Journal of the Korean Water and Wastewater, 21(5), 559-569.
- Park, N.S., Kim, S.S., Chae, S.H., Kim, S. (2012) The effect of fluctuation in flow rate on the performance of conventional and membrane water treatment for a smart water grid, Desalin. Water Treat. 47, 17-23. https://doi.org/10.1080/19443994.2012.696390
- Kim, C.H., Lim, J.L., Kang, S.H., Kim, S. (2008) Long term evaluation of UF membrane process using river-bed water, Journal of the Korean Water and Wastewater, 22(4), 429-436.
- Kim, S., Kim, C.H., Kang S.H., Lim, J.L. (2010) Long term operation of microfiltration as a pretreatment for seawater reverse osmosis processes, Journal of the Korean Water and Wastewater, 24(6), 735-742.
- Kim, S., Kim, M.J., Lim, J.L., Park, J.Y. (2012) Effect of flux fluctuation on the fouling in a real-scale membrane water treatment system for smart water grid, The fifth conference on the Challenges in Environmental Science and Engineering, Melbourne, Australia.
- Siouto poulos, D.C., Karabelas, A.J. (2012) Correlation of organic fouling resistances in RO and UF membrane filtration under constant flux and constant pressure, J. Membr. Sci., 407-408, 34-46. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.memsci.2012.03.036
- Sun, X., Kanani, D.M., Ghosh, R. (2008) Characterization and theoretical analysis of protein fouling of cellulose acetate membrane during constant flux dead-end microfiltration, J. Membr. Sci., 320, 372-380. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.memsci.2008.04.017
- Effects of membrane fouling formation by feed water quality and membrane flux in water treatment process using ceramic membrane vol.32, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2018.32.2.077
Supported by : 부경대학교