- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Models of Hemispherical Resonator Gyros and Tests of Basic Control Characteristics
반구형 공진 자이로의 동작모델과 기초 제어특성 실험
- Jin, Jaehyun (Division of Aerospace Engineering, Sunchon National University) ;
- Choi, Hong-Taek (Satellite Control System, Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI)) ;
- Yoon, Hyungjoo (Satellite Control System, Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI)) ;
- Kim, Dongguk (Division of Aerospace Engineering, Sunchon National University) ;
- Sarapulov, Sergii (Special Technologies and Machines Co., Academy of Science and Technology of Ukraine)
- Received : 2013.03.21
- Accepted : 2013.07.23
- Published : 2013.10.01
This article focuses on a hemispherical resonator gyro driven by the Coriolis effect. The operational principle of resonator gyros and mathematical models are introduced. These models are useful to explain the behavior of a resonator and to design controllers. Several control tests of a resonator have been done. A resonator has been excited by electromagnets controlled by a computer. Its amplitude has been adjusted by a PI control. The transient response is matched with a simulation result based on a mathematical model. A vibrating pattern may drift due to non-uniform factors of a resonator. The drift of the vibrating pattern is controlled and aligned to a reference direction by a PI control. These results are very useful to understand the behavior of resonator gyros and to design advanced control algorithm for better performance.
- A. Matthews and F. Rybak, "Comparison of hemispherical resonator gyro and optical gyros," IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 40-46, 1992.
- D. Rozelle, "The hemispherical resonator gyro: From wineglass to the planets," Proc. 19th AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, pp. 1157-1178, 2009.
- H. Kong, S. Lee, S. Park, and S. Hong, "Oscillation control for a electro-magnetic vibratory gyroscope," Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems Engineering (in Korean), vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 187-192, 2005. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2005.11.3.187
- H. Kong, S. Hong, and J. Kim, "The Implementation and experiments of open-loop cylindrical vibratory gyroscope," Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems Engineering (in Korean), vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 669-672, 2004. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2004.10.8.669
- J. Lee and S. Hong, "A driving and pick-dff method of vibratory gyroscopes using electromagnetic force," Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems Engineering (in Korean), vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 30-36, 2003. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2003.9.1.030
- Y. Lee, E. Kang, Y. Kim, H. Moon, J. Oh, and Y. Byun, "Development of a cylindrical type piezoelectric vibrating gyroscope," Journal of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences (in Korean), vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 106-116, 1997.
- C. Hyun and T. Kang, "Signal detection and control of hemispherical resonator gyroscopes," Journal of Sensor Science and Technology (in Korean), vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 204-210, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5369/JSST.2012.21.3.204
- H. Myong, H. Bang, J. Lee, and J. Lim, "Controller design of hemispherical resonator gyroscopes using feedback linearization," Proc. of the 2008 KSAS Fall Conference (in Korean), vol. 2, pp. 911-914, 2008.
- S. Park, K. Yong, Y. Lee, and S. Sung, "Phase control loop design based on second order PLL loop filter for solid type high Q-factor resonant gyroscope," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics, and Systems (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 546-554, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.6.546
- M. Shatalov and B. Lunin, "Influence of prestress on dynamics of hemispherical resonator gyroscope," Proc. of the 6th International Conference on Integrated Navigation Systems, Saint Petersburg, RTO-MP-43, pp. 5.1-5.10, 1999.
- M. Shatalov, S. Joubert, C. Coetzee, and I. Fedotov, "Free vibration of rotating hollow spheres containing acoustic media," Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 322, no. 4-5, pp. 1038- 1047, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2008.11.020
- D. Lynch, "Vibratory gyro analysis by the method of averaging," Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Gyroscopic Technology and Navigation, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1995.
- P. Loveday and C. Rogers, "The influence of control system design on the performance of vibratory gyroscopes," Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 255, no. 3, pp. 417-432, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.2001.4163
- D. Kim, H. Eum, and J. Jin, "Hemispherical resonator gyro testbed using electromagnetic," Proc. of the 27th ICROS Conference (in Korean), pp. 236-237, 2012.
- J. Yang, Y. Kim, Y. Lee, and O. Kwon, "Development of magnetic force modeling equipment for magnetic levitation systems," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics, and Systems (in Korean), vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 321-327, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2011.17.4.321
- Analysis of Deadzone Error by Electrical Cross-coupling on a Closed-loop Fiber Optic Gyroscope vol.20, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.8007
- Force-To-Rebalance Mode of a Resonator Gyro and Angular Rate Measurement Tests vol.20, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.1983
- Implementation of a Low-cost Fiber Optic Gyroscope for a Line-of-Sight Stabilization System vol.21, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.14.0068