- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Interval-based Controller Design Considering Parameter Variations for DC/DC Converters
DC/DC 컨버터의 파라미터 변화를 고려한 구간분석법 기반 제어기 설계
- Choi, Sungjin (School of Electrical Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- 최성진 (울산대학교 전기공학부)
- Received : 2013.04.12
- Accepted : 2013.09.02
- Published : 2013.10.01
By performing interval analysis on the system transfer function, we propose an improved method of control loop design for a DC/DC converter. In conventional design methods, the effect of system parameter change due to the specified range of operating conditions and production tolerances in power components should be checked a posteriori, because this may result in a transfer function shift and performance degradation. In the proposed method, a possible parameter change is considered a priori in the design step in order that the desired crossover frequency and sufficient phase margin can be achieved even in the worst case condition. As an illustrative example, a buck dc/dc converter is designed by two different methods and performance comparisons are performed to verify the feasibility of the proposed scheme.
Supported by : 울산대학교
- Y. H. Lho, "Implementation of DC/DC power buck converter controlled by stable PWM," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 371-374, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.4.371
- J. S. Lim, H. S. Park, and Y. I. Lee, "Invariant Set based model predictive control of a three-phase inverter system," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 69-160, Feb. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.2.149
- C. P. Basso, Switch-Mode Power Supplies: SPICE Simulations and Practical Designs, McGraw Hill Inc., 2008.
- H. Choi, "Practical feedback loop design considerations for switched mode power supplies," Fairchild Semiconductor Power Seminar, 2011.
- Magnetics, "Using magnetic cores at high temperatures," Magnetics Technical note, 2001.
- Nichicon, "General descriptions of aluminum electrolytic capacitors," Nichicon Technical note, 2013.
- R. Spence and R. S. Soin, Tolerance Design of Electronic Circuits, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1988.
- M. D. L. Casale, N. Femia, P. Lamberti, and V. Mainardi, "Selection of optimal closed-loop controllers for DC-DC voltage regulators based on normal and tolerance design," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 840-849, Aug. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.831737
- H. D. Venable, "The k-Factor: a new mathematical tool for stability analysis and synthesis," Proc. of POWERCON 10, pp. 1-12, 1983.
- S. M. Rump, "INTLAB - INTerval LABoratory," Developments in Reliable Computing, Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp. 77- 104, 1999.
- S. Choi, "Control loop design of DC/DC converter using interval analysis," Proc. of 28th ICROS Annual Conference (in Korean), pp. 220-221, May 2013.