- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Development of a Racing Game for Mobile Robots using Multiple Smartphones
다중 스마트폰을 이용한 이동로봇 대상의 레이싱게임 구현
- Jung, Hahmin (Department of Advanced Engineering, Kyungnam University) ;
- Kim, Dong Hun (Department of Electrical Engineering, Kyungnam University)
- Received : 2013.04.12
- Accepted : 2013.09.02
- Published : 2013.10.01
This paper presents the development of a racing game by controlling multiple smartphones based on ad hoc communication. The proposed racing game by the smartphone-based control interface does not require any specific game console or remote controller. Thus, any multiple users who have smartphones are able to play the game in a monitor at the same time. In addition, the developed game is applicable to actual mobile robots in cases where the positions of all robots are measured, since its game unit is a mobile robot model with a differential drive. An experimental result shows that the racing game in a PC can be realized by the proposed communication interface through four iPhones based on acceleration sensors.
Supported by : 경남대학교
- Y. Li and L. Zeng, "Research and application of the EAN-13 barcode recognition on iphone," International Conference on Future Information Technology and Management Engineering (FITME), vol. 2, pp. 92-95, 2010.
- S. Chemlal, S. Colberg, M. Satin-Smith, E. Gyuricsko, T. Hubbard, M. W. Scerbo, and F. D. McKenzie, "Blood glucose individualized prediction for type 2 diabetes using iPhone application," 2011 IEEE 37th Annual Northeast Bioengineering Conference, pp. 1-2, 2011.
- K. R. Lee, "Development of smart fingerprint recognition system with android platform," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1018-1026, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.11.1018
- J. Kim and S. Lee, "Estimation of the user's location/ posture for mobile augmented reality," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1011-1017, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.11.1011
- H. Jung, S. Y. Rhee, S. G. Gook, and D. H. Kim, "Unit control of an autonomous mobile robot using a smartphone," Proc. of KIIS Spring Conference 2013 (in Korean), vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 217-218, 2013.
- R. Ouch and B. Rouse, "Developing a driving training game on Windows mobile phone using C# and XNA," 2011 16th International Conference on Computer Games (CGAMES), pp. 254-256, 2011.
- M. Joselli, J. R. Da Silva, M. Zamith, E. Clua, M. Pelegrino, E. Mendonca, and E. Soluri, "An architecture for game interaction using mobile," 2012 IEEE International Games Innovation Conference (IGIC), pp. 1-5, 2012.
- S. Zammit, A. Muscat, and G. Gauci, "Mobile gaming on a virtualized infrastructure," 2012 16th IEEE Electrotechnical Conference (MELECON), pp. 745-748, 2012.
- A. H. Basori, R. Sarno, and S. Widyanto, "The development of 3D multiplayer mobile racing games based on 3D photo satellite map," WOCN '08. 5th IFIP International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communications Networks, pp. 1-5, 2008.
- J. H. Choi, S. N. Noh, E. J. Kim, S. J. Kim, and C. G. Song, "PC game system using smart phone," 2010 Korea Multimedia Society Conference (in Korean), pp. 630-632, 2010.
- B. R. Geltz, J. A. Berlier, and J. M. McCollum, "Using the iPhone and iPod Touch for remote sensor control and data acquisition," Proc. of the IEEE SoutheastCon 2010, pp. 9-12, 2010.
- C. Fernandes, K. Y. Ng, and B. H. Khoo, "Development of a convenient wireless control of an autonomous vehicle using apple iOS SDK," TENCON 2011 - 2011 IEEE Region 10 Conference, pp. 1025-1029, 2011.
- D. H. Kim, "Development of a Simulator for a mobile robot based on iPhone," Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent System (in Korean), vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 29-34, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2013.23.1.29
- H. Jung and D. H. Kim, "Study of iPhone interface for remote robot control based on WiFi communication," Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent System (in Korean), vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 669-674, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2012.22.5.669
- H. Jung and D. H. Kim, "Study on communication interface of multiple smartphones for unit control in a PC," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 520-526. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1871
- D. Kim and J. Oh, "Tracking control of a two- wheeld mobile robot using input-output lineariztion," Control Engineering Practice, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 369-373, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0967-0661(98)00184-1
- H. Jung, Y. Kim, and D. H. Kim, "Development of a racing game controlled by multiple smartphones," Proc. of 2013 28th ICROS Annual Conference (in Korean), pp. 208-209, 2013.
- Development of Android Application for Wireless Control of Omnidirectional Biped Walking of Humanoid Robot vol.20, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.8001