- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Design of Sliding Mode Controller Based on Adaptive Fault Diagnosis Observer for Nonlinear Continuous-Time Systems
비선형 연속 시간 시스템을 위한 적응 고장 진단 관측기 기반 슬라이딩 모드 제어기 설계
- Chang, Seung Jin (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Choi, Yoon Ho (Department of Electronic Engineering, Kyonggi University) ;
- Park, Jin Bae (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University)
- Received : 2013.02.15
- Accepted : 2013.07.23
- Published : 2013.09.01
In this paper, we propose an AFDO (Adaptive Fault Diagnosis Observer) and a fault tolerant controller for a class of nonlinear continuous-time system under the nonlinear abrupt actuator faults. Together with its estimation laws, the AFDO which estimates that the actuator faults is designed by using the Lyapunov analysis. Then, based on the designed AFDO, an adaptive sliding mode controller is proposed as the fault tolerant controller. Using Lyapunov stability analysis, we also prove the uniform boundedness of the state, the output and the fault estimation errors, and the asymptotic stability of the tracking error under the nonlinear time-varying faults. Finally, we illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed diagnosis method and the control scheme thorough computer simulations.
- Y. Zhang and J. Jiang, "Issues on integration of fault diagnosis and reconfigurable control in active fault-tolerant control systems," Proc. of the 6th IFAC Symposium of Fault Detection Supervision and Safety for Technical Processes, pp. 1513-1524, Beijing, China, 2006.
- B. Jiang, J. L. Wang, and Y. C. Soh, "An adaptive technique for robust diagnosis of faults with independent effects on system outputs," International Jounal of Control, vol. 75, no. 11, pp. 792-802, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207170210149934
- C. P. Tan and C. Edwards, "Sliding mode observers for robust detection and reconstruction of actuator and sensor faults," International Jounal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 443-463, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/rnc.723
- R. Sreedhar, B. Fernandez, and G. Y. Masada, "Robust fault detection in nonlinear systems using sliding mode observers," Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Control Applications, pp. 715-721, Vancouver, Canada, 1993.
- H. Wang and S. Daley, "Actuator fault diagnosis: an adaptive observer-based technique," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 1073-1078, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.508919
- K. Zhang, B. Jiang, and V. Cocquempot, "Adaptive observer-based fast fault estimation," Inernational Jounal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 320-326, 2008.
- R Cristi, F. A Papoulias, and A. J Healey, "Adaptive sliding mode control of autonomous underwater vehicles in the dive plane," IEEE Jounal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 15, pp. 152-160, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/48.107143
- M. M. Polycarpou and J. H. Helmicki, "Automated fault detection and accomodation: a learning systems approach," IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1447-1458, 1995 https://doi.org/10.1109/21.467710
- W. Hopkins, T. J. Song, and A. D. Long, "Saturn launch vehicle's navigation," Automatica, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 26- 35, Oct. 2004.
- J. S. Kim and Y. H. Joo, "Asynchronous behavior control algorithm of the swarm robot for surrounding intruders," Jounal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 812-818, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.9.812
- H. J. Choi and B. S. Song, "Design of lateral controller for automatic valet parking and its performance analysis with respect to vehicle types," Jounal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1051-1058, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.11.1051
- Velocity Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors using Model Predictive and Sliding Mode Cascade Controller vol.21, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.15.0094