- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Development of P-SURO II Hybrid Autonomous Underwater Vehicle and its Experimental Studies
P-SURO II 하이브리드 자율무인잠수정 기술 개발 및 현장 검증
- Li, Ji-Hong (Applied Technology Division, Korea Institute of Robot and Convergence) ;
- Lee, Mun-Jik (Applied Technology Division, Korea Institute of Robot and Convergence) ;
- Park, Sang-Heon (Applied Technology Division, Korea Institute of Robot and Convergence) ;
- Kim, Jung-Tae (Applied Technology Division, Korea Institute of Robot and Convergence) ;
- Kim, Jong-Geol (Applied Technology Division, Korea Institute of Robot and Convergence) ;
- Suh, Jin-Ho (Applied Technology Division, Korea Institute of Robot and Convergence)
- 이계홍 (한국로봇융합연구원 실용기술연구본부) ;
- 이문직 (한국로봇융합연구원 실용기술연구본부) ;
- 박상현 (한국로봇융합연구원 실용기술연구본부) ;
- 김정태 (한국로봇융합연구원 실용기술연구본부) ;
- 김종걸 (한국로봇융합연구원 실용기술연구본부) ;
- 서진호 (한국로봇융합연구원 실용기술연구본부)
- Received : 2013.05.15
- Accepted : 2013.06.30
- Published : 2013.09.01
In this paper, we present the development of P-SURO II hybrid AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicle) which can be operated in both of AUV and ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle) modes. In its AUV mode, the vehicle is supposed to carry out some of underwater missions which are difficult to be achieved in ROV mode due to the tether cable. To accomplish its missions such as inspection and maintenance of complex underwater structures in AUV mode, the vehicle is required to have high level of autonomy including environmental recognition, obstacle avoidance, autonomous navigation, and so on. In addition to its systematic development issues, some of algorithmic issues are also discussed in this paper. Various experimental studies are also presented to demonstrate these developed autonomy algorithms.
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- J. Farrell and M. Barth, The Global Positioning System and Inertial Navigation. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 1999.
- T. Prestero, Verification of a Six-degree of Freedom Simulation Model for the REMUS Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, Masters Thesis, Department of Ocean Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, MIT, 2001.
- R. Marthiniussen, K. Vestgard, R. A. Klepaker, and N. Storkersen, "HUGIN-AUV concept and operatinal experience to date," Proc. of MTS/IEEE Techno-Oceans'04, Kobe, Japan, pp. 846-850, 2004.
- J. H. Li, S. K. Park, M. J. Lee, J. G. Kim, S. H. Park, and J. H. Suh, "Development of P-SURO II hybrid AUV," Proc. of the 2011 KUUV Fall Conference (in Korean), pp. 6-8, Nov. 2011.
- L. L. Witcomb, D. Yoerger, and H. Singh, "Advances in Doppler-based navigation of underwater robotic vehicles," Proc. of IEEE ICRA, pp. 399-406, 1999.
- D. H. Titterton and J. L. Weston, Strapdown Inertial Navigation Technology, Peter Peregrinus Ltd., London, UK, 1997.
- J. H. Li, M. J. Lee, J. G. Kim, S. K. Park, S. H. Park, and J. H. Suh, "Guidance and control of P-SURO II hybrid AUV," Proc. of MTS/IEEE Oceans'12 Yeosu, Korea, 2012.
- T. B. Sheridan, "Teleoperation, telerobots and telepresence: a progress report," Control Engineering Practice, vol. 3, pp. 205-214, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0967-0661(94)00078-U
- R. A. Brooks, "A robust layered control system for a mobile robot," IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, vol. 2, pp. 14-23, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1109/JRA.1986.1087032
- D. Simon, B. Espiau, E. Castillo, and K. Kapellos, "Computer-aided design of a generic robot controller handling reactivity and real-time issues," IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, vol. 1, pp. 213-229, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/87.260267
- J. H. Li, B. H. Jun, P. M. Lee, and S. W. Hong, "A hierarchical real-time control architecture for a semi-autonomous underwater vehicle," Ocean Engineering, vol. 32, pp. 1631-1641, 2004.
- N. Fairfield, G. Kantor, D. Jonak, and D. Wettergreen, DEPTHX Autonomy Software: Design and Field Results, Technical Report CMU-RI-TR-08-09, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, July 2008.
- J. H. Li, M. J. Lee, S. H. Park, and J. G. Kim, "Range sonar array based SLAM for P-SURO AUV in a partially known environment," Proc. of 9th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence, Daejeon, Korea, pp. 353-354, 2012.
- K. R. Britting, Inertial Navigation Systems Analysis, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 2010.
- F. L. Lewis, Optimal Estimation, John Wiley & Sons, 1986.
- S. Thurn, W. Birgard, and D. Fox, Probabilistic Robotics, The MIT Press, 2005.
- Vision-based Sensor Fusion of a Remotely Operated Vehicle for Underwater Structure Diagnostication vol.21, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.14.8034