- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
DVL-RPM based Velocity Filter Design for a Performance Improvement Underwater Integrated Navigation System
수중운동체 복합항법 성능 향상을 위한 DVL/RPM 기반의 속도 필터 설계
- Yoo, Tae Suk (Maritime R&D Center, LIG Nex1 Co. Ltd.) ;
- Yoon, Seon Il (Maritime R&D Center, LIG Nex1 Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2013.05.15
- Accepted : 2013.06.30
- Published : 2013.09.01
The purpose of this paper is to design a DVL-RPM based VKF (Velocity Kalman Filter) design for a performance improvement underwater integrated navigation system. The proposed approach relies on a VKF, augmented by a altitude from Echo-sounder based switching architecture to yield robust performance, even when DVL (Doppler Velocity Log) exceeds the measurement range and the measured value is unable to be valid. The proposed approach relies on two parts: 1) Indirect feedback navigation Kalman filter design, 2) VKF design. To evaluate proposed method, we compare the results of the VKF aided navigation system with simulation result from a PINS (Pure Inertial Navigation System) and conventional INS-DVL method. Simulations illustrate the effectiveness of the underwater navigation system assisted by the additional DVL-RPM based VKF in underwater environment.
- J. M. Lee, P. M. Lee, and W. J. Seong, "Underwater hybrid navigation algorithm based on an inertial sensor and a doppler velocity log using an indirect feedback Kalman filter," Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 83-90. 2003.
- J. M. Lee, P. M. Lee, S. M. Kim, S. W. Hong, J. W. Seo, and W. J. Seong, "Rotating arm test for assessment of an underwater hybrid navigation system for a semi-autonomous underwater vehicle," Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 73-80, 2003.
- P. M. Lee, B. H. Jeon, S. M. Kim, J. M. Lee, Y. K. Lim, and S. I. Yang, "A hybrid navigation system for underwater unmanned vehicles, using a range sonar," Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 33-39, 2004.
- D. H. Titterton and J. L. Weston, "Strapdown Inertial Navigation Technology," Peter Pegerinus, London, 1997.
- W. Li, J. Wang, L. Lu, and W. Wu, "A novel scheme for DVL-aided SINS in-motion alignment using UKF techniques," Sensors, vol. 13, pp. 1046-1063, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3390/s130101046
- Y. Geng, R. Martins, and J. Sousa, "Accuracy analysis of DVL/IMU/magnetometer integrated navigation system using different IMUs in AUV," 2010 8th IEEE ICCA, Xiamen, China, pp. 516-521, 2010.
- J. L. Crassidis and Y. Cheng, "Nonlirear attitude filtering methods," 2007 J. Guid. Contr. Dynam, pp. 12-28, 1976.