- Volume 2 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Survey of Weeds Occurrence on Paddy Fields in Chungnam Province in Korea
충남지역 논 잡초 발생분포조사
- Hwang, Ki Seon ;
- Won, Ok Jae ;
- Park, Su Hyuk ;
- Eom, Min Yong ;
- Han, Sung Min ;
- Suh, Su Jeoung ;
- Lee, In Yong ;
- Lee, Jeung Ju ;
- Park, Kee Woong
- Received : 2013.11.08
- Accepted : 2013.12.10
- Published : 2013.12.31
The survey of weed occurrence was conducted to identify problematic weed species on the paddy field. Total 524 sites of the 17 regions in Chungnam Province in Korea were investigated from June to August, 2013. In the whole region, 23 weed species were identified including 19 annuals and 4 perennials. The most dominant weed species in Chungnam paddy fields were Echinochloa crus-galli (25.3%), followed by Monochoria vaginalis (11.9%), Eleocharis kuroguwai (10.3%), Bidens tripartite (9.3%) and Aneilema japonicum (8.5%). The 95.2% of the investigation sites was determined under dominance value 1 (range of cover <10: numerous individuals) by Braun-Branquet indicating proper weed control in the paddy fields. This information could be useful for estimation of future weed occurrence, weed population dynamics and establishment of weed control methods in Chungnam Province in Korea.
Chungnam Province;Paddy field weeds;Weed occurrence
- Braun-Blanquet, J. 1964. Pflanzensoziologie, Grundzfige der Vegetationskunde. 3rd ed. Springer, Wien-New York. pp. 865.
- Kim, C.S., Lee, J.R., Won, T.J., Seo, Y.H., Kim, E.J., et al. 2012. Fact-finding survey on occurrence of paddy field weed and the use of paddy field herbicide at farmer's level in Korea. Weed Turf Sci. 32(1):6-12. (In Korean)
- Kim, D.S and Park, S.H. 2009. Weed of Korea second editionrevised and enlarged. Rijeon Agricultural Resources Publications. Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, K.U and Shin, D.H. 2007. The principles of weed science. Kyungpook National University Press. Daegu. Korea. pp. 80-81.
- KNA (Korea National Arboretum). 2007. A synonymic list of vascular plant in Korea. Korea National Arboretum, Pochen, Korea.
- Kim, S.C. 1983. Statu of paddy weed flora and community dynamics in Korea. Korean J. Weed Sci. 3(2):223-245. (In Korean)
- Oh, Y.J., Ku, Y.C., Lee, J.H and Ham, Y.S. 1981. Distribution of weed population in the paddy field in Korea. 1981. Korean J. Weed Sci. 1(1):21-29. (In Korean)
- Park, J.E., Lee, I.Y., Moon, B.C., Kim, C.S., Park, T.S., et al. 2002. Occurrence characteristics and dynamics of weed flora in paddy rice field. Korean J. Weed Sci. 22(3):272-279. (In Korean)
- Park, J.E., Lee, I.Y., Moon, B.C., Park, T.S., Lim, S.T., et al. 2001a. The occurrence characteristics and dynamics of weed flora in paddy rice field. Korean J. Weed Sci. 21(4):327-334. (In Korean)
- Park, J.S., Cho, Y.C., Han, S.W., Lim, G.J., Lee, W.W., et al. 2001b. Weed population distribution and change of dominant weed species on paddy field in Kyonggi region. Korean J. Weed Sci. 24(4):320-326. (In Korean)
- Park, K.H., Oh, Y.J., Ku, Y.C., Kim, H.D., Sa, J.K., et al. 1995. Changes of weed community in lowland rice field in Korea. Korean J. Weed Sci. 15(4):254-261. (In Korean)
- RDA (Rural Development Administration). 2000. Weed control skill (Standard agriculture textbook-41). Rural Development Administration, Suwon, Korea.
- Lee, I.Y., Lee, H.K., Kim, C.S and Lee, J. 2012. Special lecture of weed and herbicide. Korean J. Weed Sci. 32(2):24-25. (In Korean)
- Weeds on Rice Paddy Field of Jeonnam Western Region vol.4, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.4.295
- Dominance and Distribution of Weed Occurrence on Orchards of Apple, Grape, Peach, Pear, and Plum of Gyeongbuk Province vol.5, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2016.5.2.51
- Dominance and Distribution of Weed Occurrence on Onion, Garlic, Potato, and Barley Fields of Gyeongbuk Province vol.4, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.2.77
- Dominance and Distribution of Weed Occurrence on Hot Pepper, Soybean, Maize, and Chinese Cabbage Fields of Gyeongbuk Province vol.4, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.2.95
- Ecological Characteristics of Weed Species on Dry Field in the Eastern Region of Korea vol.4, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2015.4.3.188
- A Survey of Weeds Occurrence on Paddy Fields in Gyeongbuk Province in Korea vol.3, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2014.3.1.6